What happened to the Challenge?

Chakolate

Guest
Did it go overboard? Am I just missing the posts?

Chakolate

--
It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our minds are naturally
affirmative.

Chakolate <[email protected]> writes:
> Did it go overboard? Am I just missing the posts?

Carol Ann's last post was the 20th, maybe she just went away for the
holidays.

Anyway, I had a little free time so I wrote a program to scan the
newsgroup postings and create a robo-challenge:

http://www.delorie.com/health/adslc/

Not sure if this is a good idea[*], but it might take some of the load
off Carol Ann if she's been finding herself busy lately ;-)

Let the commenting begin!

[*] It includes people who normally don't participate, and doesn't
include people who don't post, for starters. And sometimes
guesses wrong :p

Damnit, you are Delorie of djgpp!

Mirek (of upp.sf.net :)

"DJ Delorie" <[email protected]> píse v diskusním príspevku
news:[email protected]...

"Cubit" <[email protected]> writes:
> Since you already did the coding, you might add data from other USENET
> groups like ASDWW and ASD, as a comparison.

I'd like to iron out the technical, social, and ethical issues first.

But a single-chart comparison of a wide variety of groups/plans sounds
interesting.

DJ Delorie <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Anyway, I had a little free time so I wrote a program to scan the
> newsgroup postings and create a robo-challenge:
>
> http://www.delorie.com/health/adslc/

Sounds interesting, but when I go there I get a 403 error message.

Chakolate, feeling rejected

--
It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our minds are naturally
affirmative.
--John Burroughs

Chakolate <[email protected]> writes:
> Sounds interesting, but when I go there I get a 403 error message.

I just fixed it. It was confused about whether January should be
"2005-1" or "2005-01" or (sigh) "2005- 1".

Carol Ann may have fallen off the wagon again. Most people fall off now and
again. Hence the billion dollar diet industry.

Enjoy,
Curt

"Chakolate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did it go overboard? Am I just missing the posts?
>
> Chakolate
>
> --
> It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our minds are naturally
> affirmative.
> --John Burroughs

> Carol Ann may have fallen off the wagon again. Most people fall off now
> and
> again. Hence the billion dollar diet industry.
>
> Enjoy,
> Curt

Hi, everyone! Happy New Year. I never actually got "back on the wagon"
since becoming pregnant.

As it stands, I'm 50lbs over my goal. This is more than I ever imagined I
would EVER find myself.

I decided against the December Challenge because I believe only 3 people
showed an interest. I know, I know, they deserve to have the Challenge too.

It's certainly not like it used to be! I will be happy to host the
Challenges whenever DJ decides not to do it.

I wish everyone a happy, healthy and successful New Year!!

I just had the most wonderful Holiday with Morgan who is now 9 months old.
I received a jogging stroller as a gift. "No more excuses" said my mother
who insists that the time has come to drop the pounds.

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com

"Carol Ann" <[email protected]> writes:
> It's certainly not like it used to be! I will be happy to host the
> Challenges whenever DJ decides not to do it.

I'm not actually "doing" anything - I told the computer how to do it,
now it handles it automatically, ad infinitum (or until the computers
break). I'm not sure if this is better than your "personal touch" but
if you want to use it for your own purposes, you can download
machine-readable tab or comma delimited files that you can import into
excel or openoffice. That might save you some effort collecting the
stats.

Or I can generate pages suitable for you to copy to your web site if
you wish.

No more excuses is exactly what I told you.

--
Now ********. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen