What happened to Thor Hushovds bike?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Marty Wallace, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Thor was involved in a crash and had to change bikes. I saw the video of the
    team mechanic oiling the chain on the new bike. It wasn't explained the
    exact reason for the bike change.
    "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In the official Tour website it says he broke his frame.
    >
    > "With 20km to race in the 197km stage, Thor broke the frame of his bike."
    > http://www.letour.com/2004/us/index.html
    >
    > and on his fan page it says his gear shifter broke.
    >
    > "Thor changed his bike 30 km to go because of a accident with the
    > gearshifter"
    > http://www.thor-hushovd.com/uk/actus.php
    >
    > What really happened?
    >
    > Marty

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In the official Tour website it says he broke his frame.
    >
    > "With 20km to race in the 197km stage, Thor broke the frame of his

    bike."
    > http://www.letour.com/2004/us/index.html
    >
    > and on his fan page it says his gear shifter broke.
    >
    > "Thor changed his bike 30 km to go because of a accident with the
    > gearshifter"
    > http://www.thor-hushovd.com/uk/actus.php
    >
    > What really happened?

    Well, cyclingnews says he punctured! (with 20k to go)
    Gianmatteo Fagnini appears to have a broken collarbone
    around the 38k-to-go mark..?

    hippy