What happened to Thor Hushovds bike?

Thor was involved in a crash and had to change bikes. I saw the video of the
team mechanic oiling the chain on the new bike. It wasn't explained the
exact reason for the bike change.
"Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In the official Tour website it says he broke his frame.
>
> "With 20km to race in the 197km stage, Thor broke the frame of his bike."
> http://www.letour.com/2004/us/index.html
>
> and on his fan page it says his gear shifter broke.
>
> "Thor changed his bike 30 km to go because of a accident with the
> gearshifter"
> http://www.thor-hushovd.com/uk/actus.php
>
> What really happened?
>
> Marty

"Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In the official Tour website it says he broke his frame.
>
> "With 20km to race in the 197km stage, Thor broke the frame of his

bike."
> http://www.letour.com/2004/us/index.html
>
> and on his fan page it says his gear shifter broke.
>
> "Thor changed his bike 30 km to go because of a accident with the
> gearshifter"
> http://www.thor-hushovd.com/uk/actus.php
>
> What really happened?

Well, cyclingnews says he punctured! (with 20k to go)
Gianmatteo Fagnini appears to have a broken collarbone
around the 38k-to-go mark..?

hippy