What happened to Tonkov?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, May 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Chung

Robert Chung Guest

DNF Pavel Tonkov (Rus) CCC-Polsat

Tags:

2. Nick Burns

Nick Burns Guest

3. Nick Burns

Nick Burns Guest

4. Darius Rybak

Darius Rybak Guest

His team is not very happy with him. His attack was pointless, timing was very bad. And than he
    decides to get off his bike without talking to anybody on the team (including the manager). After
    the race he said that he had a cold, but he did not report it to anybody prior to the start if the
    race. Very strange. Looks like he did not have it this year.

Cheers Darius

> Tonkov attacks, then abandons Pavel Tonkov (CCC-Polsat) was one of the eight riders to abandon...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > DNF Pavel Tonkov (Rus) CCC-Polsat
    > >
    >

5. Nick Burns

Nick Burns Guest

He is an interesting character. I thought he would win more in his career, he is so talented. I
    don't know what the story is with him, but perhaps it is cultural. I know he has been in Italy his
    whole career and has an Italian wife (fairly sure about that) but maybe he never quite felt at home,
    or maybe that back problem has been with him for a lot longer than I realized.

"Darius Rybak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > His team is not very happy with him. His attack was pointless, timing was very bad. And than he
    > decides to get off his bike without talking to
    anybody
    > on the team (including the manager). After the race he said that he had a cold, but he did not
    > report it to anybody prior to the start if the race. Very strange. Looks like he did not have it
    > this year.
    >
    > Cheers Darius
    >
    >
    > > Tonkov attacks, then abandons Pavel Tonkov (CCC-Polsat) was one of the eight riders to
    > > abandon...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > DNF Pavel Tonkov (Rus) CCC-Polsat
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    >