What happened to Vaughters!

Is he O.K.? Can he start tomorrow? Damn!!....that poor guy has no luck.

DanSchmatz wrote:

> crash

1. Igor A.
2. Unai O.

("sprint" between these two, Igor takes 17 secs in last 200 m!)

3. Alexander Shefer
4. Unai Ex.

(early breakaway, never caught)

5. Danilo di L.
6. Michael B.

Ullrich 30th or so. Vinokourov dropped. Rebellin in hospital.

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:57:54 +0200, Erik van Leeuwen wrote:
>11. Danilo di L.
>12. Michael B.

Both a few yards in front of the rest and looking very relaxed. Top favorites for LBL!

news:<[email protected]>...
> Otherwise known as "pulling a Boardman" - but at least both of them were going for it at the time.
>
> Andy Coggan

Unfortunately David Millar also did this in the 2001 TdF prologue.

Greg Hall

"Erik van Leeuwen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> 1. Igor A.
> 2. Unai O.
>
> ("sprint" between these two, Igor takes 17 secs in last 200 m!)
>
> 3. Alexander Shefer
> 4. Unai Ex.
>
> (early breakaway, never caught)
>
> 11. Danilo di L.
> 12. Michael B.
>
> Ullrich 30th or so. Vinokourov dropped. Rebellin in hospital.

Hey, cyclingnews.com calls Astarloa something of a sprinter! (At 130 pounds no less.)

Jalabert started as a very fast mass sprint sprinter. Kelly won many times in mass sprints.