What Happenned To Tyler ??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Churchill, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    Tags:

  2. Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    still bothering him.

    poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%[email protected]
    > Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    > he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    > still bothering him.
    >
    > poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

    I am glad to hear there is a reason he faded so badly. That would be great
    to see him race in the Vuelta for the win and possibly the Olympics if the
    selection committee can see the opportunity. Is it too late for that?

  4. "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !

    Hamilton had a crash last week that hurt him and
    now feels that he can't be competitive in the mountain stages.

  5. Michael

    Michael Guest

    > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%d[email protected]
    > > Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    > > he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    > > still bothering him.
    > >
    > > poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

    > I am glad to hear there is a reason he faded so badly. That would be great
    > to see him race in the Vuelta for the win and possibly the Olympics if the
    > selection committee can see the opportunity. Is it too late for that?

    He's already on the team.

    Mike

  6. Jim Flom

    Jim Flom Guest

    "Michael" wrote...

    > "Chris" wrote ...
    > >
    > > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote ...
    > > > Churchill wrote:
    > > >
    > > > he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    > > > still bothering him.

    > > I am glad to hear there is a reason he faded so badly.

    The boys at the mike commented that Tyler's upright, stiff riding position
    may be contributing to his instability on the bike. You'd think someone
    would have worked with him in that years ago, if such is the case. His
    window is closing.

  7. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]
    > "Michael" wrote...
    > >
    > > "Chris" wrote ...
    > > >
    > > > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote ...

    > > > I am glad to hear there is a reason he faded so badly.

    > The boys at the mike commented that Tyler's upright, stiff riding position
    > may be contributing to his instability on the bike. You'd think someone
    > would have worked with him in that years ago, if such is the case. His
    > window is closing.

    Maybe a little cyclocross. It will either make him a better bike
    handler, or it will finish him off.

    Mike

  8. Michael wrote:
    > "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]
    >
    >>"Michael" wrote...
    >>
    >>>"Chris" wrote ...

    >>The boys at the mike commented that Tyler's upright, stiff riding position
    >>may be contributing to his instability on the bike. You'd think someone
    >>would have worked with him in that years ago, if such is the case. His
    >>window is closing.

    > Maybe a little cyclocross. It will either make him a better bike
    > handler, or it will finish him off.
    >
    > Mike

    Did Nietsche ride a bike?

    Steve

  9. g.daniels

    g.daniels Guest

    clustered!

  10. Eric

    Eric Guest

    [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message news:<1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%[email protected]>...
    > Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    > he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    > still bothering him.
    >
    > poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

    Yep. I'm really sad to see him out. But, given the tradition of the
    TDF, what more could we expect than to see Tyler in pain... (OK, bad
    joke).

    Eric

  11. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> writes:

    > Michael wrote:
    >> "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:eek:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>"Michael" wrote...

    >>>The boys at the mike commented that Tyler's upright, stiff riding
    >>>position may be contributing to his instability on the bike. You'd
    >>>think someone would have worked with him in that years ago, if such
    >>>is the case. His window is closing.

    >> Maybe a little cyclocross. It will either make him a better bike
    >> handler, or it will finish him off.
    >>

    > Did Nietsche ride a bike?

    He rode with Mark Twain, who recommended that Big N should "get a bike.
    You won't regret it, if you live."

  12. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:
    > Did Nietsche ride a bike?

    No, but Zarathustra did.

  13. [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message news:<1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%[email protected]>...
    > Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    > he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    > still bothering him.
    >
    > poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

    Paul Sherwin says that because Tyler sit's upright this makes less stable.

  14. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > "Michael" wrote...
    > >
    > > "Chris" wrote ...
    > > >
    > > > "The Queen of Cans and Jars" wrote ...

    it's

    > > > I am glad to hear there is a reason he faded so badly.

    > The boys at the mike commented that Tyler's upright, stiff riding position
    > may be contributing to his instability on the bike. You'd think someone
    > would have worked with him in that years ago, if such is the case. His
    > window is closing.

    I think he looks pretty good on the bike. I would not call it "upright" but
    maybe he is stiff, I don't know. I never saw anything I would criticize.

  15. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    in article [email protected], Charles Hizark at

    > [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message
    > news:<1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%[email protected]>...
    >> Churchill <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just heard on OLN he is out of the race !~

    >> he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and it's
    >> still bothering him.
    >>
    >> poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

    > Paul Sherwin says that because Tyler sit's upright this makes less stable.

    He said it makes him "rigid" which is true. But the main side effect of
    that problem is that he's not using all of his available musculature to a)
    produce energy and b) spread the load to minimize fatigue. Suppleness in
    motion is essential to any sport. Tyler also has horrible ITT form, though
    it certainly comes with plenty of power.

    -Sonarrat.

  16. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:

    > Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:
    >> Did Nietsche ride a bike?

    > No, but Zarathustra did.

    So he said.

  17. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Sonarrat <[email protected]> writes:

    > in article [email protected], Charles
    > Hizark at [email protected] wrote on 7/17/04 2:22 PM:
    >
    >> [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message
    >> news:<1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%[email protected]>...

    >>> he's out because suffered a back injury in a crash last week and
    >>> it's still bothering him.
    >>>
    >>> poor guy. i wanted to see him on the podium this year.

    >> Paul Sherwin says that because Tyler sit's upright this makes less
    >> stable.

    > He said it makes him "rigid" which is true.

    Humm. Lots of people sit with relatively upright positions and are
    not "rigid." It's more likely that the upright position is the result
    of some rigidity in Hamilton's body (tight hamstrings, for example)
    rather than the other way 'round.

    > But the main side effect of that problem is that he's not using all
    > of his available musculature to a) produce energy and b) spread the
    > load to minimize fatigue. Suppleness in motion is essential to any
    > sport. Tyler also has horrible ITT form, though it certainly comes
    > with plenty of power.

    He can kick any of our asses on a bike...

  18. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    in article [email protected]l, Tim McNamara at

    > Sonarrat <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> in article [email protected], Charles
    >> Hizark at [email protected] wrote on 7/17/04 2:22 PM:
    >>
    >>> [email protected] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message
    >>> news:<1gh24j2.10ns9n0zd92ksN%[email protected]>...

    >>> Paul Sherwin says that because Tyler sit's upright this makes less
    >>> stable.

    >> He said it makes him "rigid" which is true.

    > Humm. Lots of people sit with relatively upright positions and are
    > not "rigid." It's more likely that the upright position is the result
    > of some rigidity in Hamilton's body (tight hamstrings, for example)
    > rather than the other way 'round.

    May be possible as well. My comments still apply, especially for a sport
    like cycling where the paragon is smoothness, refinement, elegance and one
    of the major players disregards all of them.

    >> But the main side effect of that problem is that he's not using all
    >> of his available musculature to a) produce energy and b) spread the
    >> load to minimize fatigue. Suppleness in motion is essential to any
    >> sport. Tyler also has horrible ITT form, though it certainly comes
    >> with plenty of power.

    > He can kick any of our asses on a bike...

    Well of course he could. But how much better could he be if he could use
    his body properly?

    -Sonarrat.

  19. charles-<< Paul Sherwin says that because Tyler sit's upright this makes less
    stable. >><BR><BR>

    Well....Paul also said that most riders have 65 psi in their tires......

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  20. mynick-<< Well of course he could. But how much better could he be if he could
    use
    his body properly? >><BR><BR>

    I think he has probably been looked at by teams of fit and position people. He
    did break his back when skiing, which can make for odd positions on a bike.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302