what happens when you enter a low tunnel

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ellis, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. ellis

    ellis Guest

    Tags:

  2. ZeeExSixAre

    ZeeExSixAre Guest

  3. PaulW

    PaulW Guest

  4. PaulW

    PaulW Guest

  5. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=1899&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=507

    > Poor Ibis.

    I hope you're joking. That bike belongs (well, belonged) to a friend of
    mine; cracked at head tube just a few days ago at the end of a ride.
    (You'll note it was posted by Miles, a regular here in AM-B. Pic was taken
    by Michael, who also pokes his head in here now and then.)

    Bill "misrepresented carnage" S.

  6. ellis

    ellis Guest

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ellis wrote:
    > > and forget to pull your bike down beforehand.

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=1899&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=507

    > > Poor Ibis.

    > I hope you're joking. That bike belongs (well, belonged) to a friend of
    > mine; cracked at head tube just a few days ago at the end of a ride.
    > (You'll note it was posted by Miles, a regular here in AM-B. Pic was

    taken
    > by Michael, who also pokes his head in here now and then.)
    >
    > Bill "misrepresented carnage" S.

    Yes, I am joking, or rather guessing, what happened... The top tube near
    the head tube looks cracked and bottom tube near the head tube is bent
    backwards. WTF happened?

  7. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    ellis wrote:
    > "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:4s8Oc.57023$ju5.51[email protected]
    >> ellis wrote:
    >>> and forget to pull your bike down beforehand.

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=1899&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=507

    >>> Poor Ibis.

    >> I hope you're joking. That bike belongs (well, belonged) to a
    >> friend of mine; cracked at head tube just a few days ago at the end
    >> of a ride. (You'll note it was posted by Miles, a regular here in
    >> AM-B. Pic was taken by Michael, who also pokes his head in here now
    >> and then.)
    >>
    >> Bill "misrepresented carnage" S.
    >>

    > Yes, I am joking, or rather guessing, what happened... The top tube
    > near the head tube looks cracked and bottom tube near the head tube
    > is bent backwards. WTF happened?

    I wasn't there, so will let Michael chime in if he sees this thread.

    Bill "he was JUST RIDING ALONG and...." S.

  8. ellis

    ellis Guest

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ellis wrote:
    > > "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]ster.socal.rr.com...

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=1899&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=507

    > >> I hope you're joking. That bike belongs (well, belonged) to a
    > >> friend of mine; cracked at head tube just a few days ago at the end
    > >> of a ride. (You'll note it was posted by Miles, a regular here in
    > >> AM-B. Pic was taken by Michael, who also pokes his head in here now
    > >> and then.)
    > >>
    > >> Bill "misrepresented carnage" S.
    > >>

    > > Yes, I am joking, or rather guessing, what happened... The top tube
    > > near the head tube looks cracked and bottom tube near the head tube
    > > is bent backwards. WTF happened?

    > I wasn't there, so will let Michael chime in if he sees this thread.
    >
    > Bill "he was JUST RIDING ALONG and...." S.

    Damn... my condolences to Mike, given he can't get his warranty since Ibis
    is out of biz.

  9. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    >No, that is just one of the new short wheel base freeride bikes, soon
    >the vestigial second wheel will disapear and the one wheel pogo stick
    >will prevail.
    >--
    >_________________________
    >Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
    >http://www.ramsays-online.com I'm ...ump in with both feet, on one wheel. ;-) K.

  10. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    ellis wrote:

    > Damn... my condolences to Mike, given he can't get his warranty
    > since Ibis is out of biz.

    Mike took the pic. "This Guy Dan" owned the bike.

    Bill "that really used to be his NN" S.

  11. One word stupid.

    I MTB 2004

  12. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > One word stupid.

    Next time read the thread, Craze.

    Bill "never happened" S.

  13. Paul Hays

    Paul Hays Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:11:08 -0700, ellis wrote
    (in article <[email protected]>):

    > Damn... my condolences to Mike, given he can't get his warranty since Ibis
    > is out of biz.

    too bad about the bike, but if Ibis covered this kind of thing under
    warranty, no wonder they're out of business.

  14. ZeeExSixAre

    ZeeExSixAre Guest

    > Bill "he was JUST RIDING ALONG and...." S.

    Was it him just riding along the side of the mountain when all of a sudden
    the ground disappeared under him... fast... and on videotape that we all
    saw?

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  15. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:tEhOc.2121$4%[email protected]
    > > Bill "he was JUST RIDING ALONG and...." S.

    > Was it him just riding along the side of the mountain when all of a sudden
    > the ground disappeared under him... fast... and on videotape that we all
    > saw?
    >
    > --
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Him being Miles, Yes. Him being the owner of the Ibis, no.

    Michael

  16. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "ellis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Yes, I am joking, or rather guessing, what happened... The top tube near
    > the head tube looks cracked and bottom tube near the head tube is bent
    > backwards. WTF happened?

    Actually, he was more or less JRA.........

    At the end of the ride (best possible time to have this kind of failure I
    guess) we were about 1/8 mile from the vehicles. I was actually behind a
    bit so I didn't get to witness it. On a reasonably flat section following a
    bit of a gradual descent, you go over a hump and have to make a hard right
    turn. Dan missed the turn and went straight instead. Unfortunately,
    straight meant plowing into a pile of immovable crap (dirt and cement from
    illegal dumping years ago) that, well, didn't move! He augered the front
    end in and almost endoed but merely fell off the side.

    He wasn't hucking, bombing downhill fast, or even doing anything that none
    of us ever did. He's doesn't jump the bike and is quite gentle on his
    equipment. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happened.

    Michael

  17. BB

    BB Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:58:23 GMT, Michael wrote:

    > He wasn't hucking, bombing downhill fast, or even doing anything that none
    > of us ever did. He's doesn't jump the bike and is quite gentle on his
    > equipment. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happened.

    Seems like something a warranty would cover...if its under warranty.

    At least it was near the end of the ride. Like you say, the best possible
    place. It must have been some trick to screw a frame that bad without
    endo-ing!

    --
    -BB-
    To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  18. Michael

    Michael Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:58:23 GMT, Michael wrote:
    >
    > > He wasn't hucking, bombing downhill fast, or even doing anything that

    none
    > > of us ever did. He's doesn't jump the bike and is quite gentle on his
    > > equipment. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happened.

    > Seems like something a warranty would cover...if its under warranty.
    >
    >> -BB-

    > To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    Not sure if the Ibis warranty was lifetime, but since Ibis is no more I
    guess it doesn't matter!

    Michael

  19. bomba

    bomba Guest

    BB wrote:

    >> He wasn't hucking, bombing downhill fast, or even doing anything that none
    >> of us ever did. He's doesn't jump the bike and is quite gentle on his
    >> equipment. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happened.

    > Seems like something a warranty would cover...if its under warranty.

    You ride a bike headlong in to a load of dried cement and that's covered
    by warranty?!