What happens when you oppose Bu$hCo too vigorously

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Wurm, Aug 22, 2006.

1. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

I don't think Ralph Nader is going to like that car one bit!

2. EoinC

EoinC New Member

Ahhh, kiwi fruit came from China, so I guess that makes 1 less thing about Enzed and 1 more about China...All part of the Global Village, though.

3. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

The Haka dance comes from New Zealand, right?

4. EoinC

EoinC New Member

The Maori Haka does indeed come from NZ. Back when I went to school (a long time ago), each school had a Haka. Doesn't look quite the same when it's performed by pasty-faced, knock-kneed schoolboys wearing grey shorts and grey socks!

5. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

Here is a video of a high school football team in Euless, Texas that does the Haka before their football games. Euless has a large Tongan population. It plays with Windows Media Player.
    mms://win81il.audiovideoweb.com/il81win15069/thehaka.wmv

[​IMG]

6. EoinC

EoinC New Member

Good one, TBT. I used to play rugby against teams that were predominantly either, Maori, Tongan or Samoan. I spent most of my time running away from them (without the ball). It made me a crappy rugby player, but a good runner...

7. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Convenient dodge :rolleyes: , but it would be more of a pro-active response than merely complaining about your "problem" of "your" tax money being spent stupidly. If enough people actually did get into the streets about it, you might also see some real change.

But oh no, not you. It's OK that your taxes go for killing innocent women & kids in Iraq and elsewhere, torture programs, and fattening the wallets of the oil & defense industries - as long as you get to keep what you've got.

Quite hypocritical...and disgusting, I might add.

Here's one for ya, sweetheart:

Link

Of course, you'll keep ignoring the reality as "conservatives" always do - aka: not letting the facts get in your way.

8. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Very interesting. we also have a considerable Hmong population up in Wisconsin of all places (not to disparage Wisconsin or the Hmong in any way)
    http://appleton-wi.blogspot.com/2005/12/scenes-from-hmong-new-years.html

9. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Fact's, fact's, & more fact's. Is that all you got :confused: It would seem bush's "base" (the 28%'ers) votes solely on the issue off the "3 G's" (God, Guns, & Gays) :mad: These top the list as it were. Sad :( As our country slides further & further into debt under bush's reign punishing countless unknowing generations to come.

10. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Those people of Somoan/Tongan/Polynesian extraction are very very tough rugby players.

NZ have recruited many of them to play for their Provincial teams and they've been selected for the All Blacks as well.

I can well undertsand your decision to run - if I'd Jonah Lomu running toward me like an express train, I'd do the same !

11. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Well, my kiwis come with little stickers that say New Zealand. I wasn't referring to their original origin (which is possibly redundant), just their current origin (which is possibly an oxymoron). So oddly enough, it is something from China that I don't get from China, as opposed to everything "American" which I do.

12. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Our Kiwis have little stickers that say "New Zealand" too...until they're successful at something.Then we put another little sticker over the original which says "AUSTRALIA!"

13. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Have you heard of the "Maori side-step"? It means to run right over the top of the opposing player,trampling his head into the turf and continuing with no loss of velocity towards the try-line.
    Having tackled more than a few Maoris...my advice to young players is to close your eyes,aim low,think of (insert country of origin) and all the nice nurses that you will soon meet.

14. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Like Keith Urban ;) .

15. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

I see. So I guess you're one of the guys with a bandana over his face, firebombing McDonald's and Starbucks? And calling it "real change"?

(BTW, while looking for Ruppert's book on Amazon, I found it grouped with the genre including authors who seriously believe that the world is secretly controlled by an underground race of reptilian shape shifters. In the non-fiction section.)

This is my problem with what you are saying. From what I can tell between your insults is that you are angry and disgusted with the GOP side of the American government, (though not apparently the Dems who are also sell-outs owned by corporations) and that your solution (and Mike Ruppert's) is to riot in the streets and throw ourselves against "the gears of the machine." And then....what? What is your ultimate goal, if you could have "real change?" Everything that could remotely be called philosophy coming from you is rehashed communist propaganda about class warfare and revolution. What is the result of that? Worse tyranny than what you are concerned about. Ignoring the consequences of class warfare, riots, and revolutions is hypocritical and disgusting. Or maybe you just want anarchy. You tell me.

Every time I ask you and yours what the answer to this problem is, I hear.....crickets.

16. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Russell Crowe...Sam Neill...Phar Lap.Born in NZ..."Made in Australia".

17. EoinC

EoinC New Member

Yes, SB, we continue to be the backbone of your Country. I'm assisting by filling in the role of token jellyfish - invertebrate, and proud of it...

18. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Well, they all got rich in America. :p (excluding Phar Lap)

19. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Wanna swap Prime Ministers? Rugby teams?
    In the interests of cultural exchange and to strengthen the bonds of friendship between our two great nations etc etc etc. :D

20. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Only Kiwis do the Haka.Tongans do a different war-dance ...Sipi Tau.