What happens when you oppose Bu$hCo too vigorously

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Wurm, Aug 22, 2006.

1. BillM

BillM New Member

So.....when is the revolution?

Well that depends....when the UN, France, UK and Germany were in favor of it the first time....Desert Storm...then nobody seemed to think it was illegal then.....

George Bush of course....why do you always ask questions that you already know the answer to?

2. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I think enforcing security council resolution 1441 was not against the law. However, intentionally using flawed info, when it was not necessary anyway, could be construed as either illegal or illogical.
    SH was a destabilizing entity in the region not to mention the fact he offered bounties to families of suicide bombers in Israel, constantly impeded weapons inspectors, fired on allied aircraft, he & his sons sadistically tortured & or raped various Iraqi citizens, ect... :rolleyes:

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

The UK, France etc were in favour of invasion in 1990/1991 because Iraq invaded Kuwait.
    Which was entirely different to what preceeded 2003 invasion of Iraq by Bush.
    (it could be argued by Iraq - that it (iraq) did nothing illegal by entering Kuwait in 1990/91 because until 1948, Kuwait was the 14th province of Iraq - in 1948, USA and Britain annexed Kuwait and installed a "king" who just happened to be sitting on huge reserves of oil, off whom BP and Aramco enter vast commissions).

.............therefore it was Bush who authorised the illegal invasion of Iraq by signing the Executive Order.

4. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Saddam was a bad individual - there is no doubt about that.

The juxtaposition here is that the West (USA and Britain) viewed Saddam as "their man" from 1979-1990.
    Saddam kept buying ammo from Britain and the USA in his war against Iran and was seen as a bulwark against the Islamic Republic of Iran.

But let's also be clear : Bush falsely accused Saddam of complicity in 9/11 (a lie), he falsely accused Saddam of having WMD (a lie) and he stated that
    Saddam supported Al Qaeda (a lie).

5. davidmc

davidmc New Member

non-complicity :confused: I believe you are correct.
    not supporting al-qaieda :confused: I believe you are correct. Especially in light of this:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14728447/
    The accusing of possession of wmd. I contend that. See:
    http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2002/SC7564.doc.htm

6. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I'm not defending Bush but as to lying about wmd...
    http://www.factcheck.org/article222.html
    This, from the Annenberg foundation which is a non profit, non-partisan foundation.

7. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

This was the infamous Niger connection - where allegations about uranium being procured form Niger were made.

Blair was in Washington at that very speech by Bush, if I recall.

Now they're saying that MI6 originally provided the information.

Look Powell brought doctored photos to the UN in February 2003 - photos shown to have been cut and pasted.
    He claimed that these photos showed conclusive proof of Iraq's WMD.

As for the Brits - Blair preached to Europe on the basis of information containing cut and pastes from a PhD students dissertation on the subject, from the internet about Iraq's WMD capability.

http://www.channel4.com/news/2003/02/week_1/07_dossier.html

The Iraq affair was a ball of smoke - a lie.
    Unfortunately, thousands of innocent Iraqi's have paid with their lives for the lies told by Bush and Blair about Iraq.

As for US/British casualties - those soldiers shouldn't be in Iraq in the first place.

8. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Yes, the doctored or misrepresented photo's supplied to the UN by the Bush admin. and Powells either complicity or duplicity are a sad chapter in American (republican, mind you) history :( but it doesn't detract from the fact of material breach of sec council resolution 1441, no :confused: It would appear that no one in Europe wanted to address the "elephant in the living room" (SH) except for the U.S. & Blair :confused:

9. BillM

BillM New Member

Well..that remains to be an opinion...as opposed to fact unfortunately. I doubt we will ever know the real story.

Details...details.

10. BillM

BillM New Member

The UK was still in favor of invading Iraq this time.

If you could argue that Iraq did nothing wrong by invading Kuwait....then that speaks volumes....about you.

It isn't illegal if he authorized. America runs this show...or haven't you noticed.

;)

11. davidmc

davidmc New Member

12. ptlwp

ptlwp New Member

Bush's main sins are

naivety
    innocence
    believing that people are better than they truly are
    having a spiritual side to 'em
    thinking he can change the natural ways of mankind
    thinking that he can change any damn thing he wants

other that, he is a decent man, idealistic at worst
    true to his spirit at best.

13. Carrera

Carrera New Member

His willingness to turn a blind eye to torture is disturbing and misguided. I do believe in military action for self-defence purposes but I draw the line at secret detention centres where prisoners are tortured. If governments are going to stoop to those levels, they are acting no differently than the terrorists.

14. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Surely you jest?

15. ptlwp

ptlwp New Member

He is like a simpleton....thinks in simplistic ways, naively, like a child.....the way the world "should be" according to his own ingrained beliefs, like a little kid, you know, sucking on a lollipop wishing that "Santa Claus" would show up and give him what he wants.

16. Wurm

Wurm New Member

GWB does as he's told, period. His actions are totally intended. Whether he's "incompetent" or "stupid" really begs the question and isn't relevant.

nns's non-response to my previous response is conspicuous for its absence. Hmm...

Where is the big-mouthed, know-it-all broad now?

17. BillM

BillM New Member

She was invited not to post by another know it all.

Are you always an ass or just on this forum?

18. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Blair did hitch his policy to the US policy of invading Iraq in 2003.
    I agree.

I didn't say that Iraq didn't do wrong by invading Kuwait.
    I made the point that the territory now known as Kuwait - was annexed from Iraq in mid 20th century - by the USA and Britain and I did say that Saddam (and anyone else) could make the case that Iraq - by invading Kuwait in 1991 - were attempting to reclaim what had been Iraq's for centuries prior to the enforced annexation of said territory.

Wrong.
    It is illegal.

Under the Geneva Conventions to invade a sovereign territory, unless the country in question is attacked.

America doesn't run the show..................... or haven't you noticed.

Binladen & Co have set the agenda and the USA's jumping to their tune.

19. BillM

BillM New Member

Bin Laden is living like a rat in a cave.

Denial isn't just a river.

20. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Neither you or anyone else knows where Binladen is living.
    You haven't got a clue.