What I'm mostly worried about when on a cycle.

Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
the way of that.

They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they bastards would have my
bike.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] writes:
|> Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
|> or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
|> of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
|> the way of that.

I haven't seen any Neds in YEARS! Where DO you live? And have you
tried riding further out?

|> They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they bastards would have my
|> bike.

They'd have a job riding mine :)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
> or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
> of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
> the way of that.
>
> They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they bastards would have my
> bike.

Either duck, or ride into them hard using your shoulder or elbow for
maximum effect, then leave quickly. :)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
> or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
> of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
> the way of that.
>
> They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they bastards would have my
> bike.

David, I think you worry too much. I don't mean just about this, but nearly
all of your threads is a "cycling is dangerous" style post.

"Worst Injury?"
"Man attacked"
"Do people fly over handlebars?"
"wise to cycle in Feburary?"

and so on.

I suggest you either give cycling up for your peace of mind, or just don't
worry about it all and get on with it.

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
>> or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
>> of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
>> the way of that.
>>
>> They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they bastards would have my
>> bike.
>>

> David, I think you worry too much. I don't mean just about this, but
> nearly all of your threads is a "cycling is dangerous" style post.
>
> "Worst Injury?"
> "Man attacked"
> "Do people fly over handlebars?"
> "wise to cycle in Feburary?"
>
> and so on.
>
> I suggest you either give cycling up for your peace of mind, or just don't
> worry about it all and get on with it.

He hasn't deliberated about the merits of helmets yet......

vernon wrote:

> He hasn't deliberated about the merits of helmets yet......

You sod. :) You'll start him off on another tedious thread.