What In The World Is This Thing? (Recumbent On E-Bay)

One of the reasons that I got interested in Front drive was the problem of where to put stuff when
that long chain to the rear drive took up so much room.

A bike very similar to this, was shown in an early Encyclopedia. It routs the chain around the load.
I think it is very clever.
--
Bill "Pop Pop" Patterson Retired and riding my front drive low racer and our M5 tandem.

See some Bikes At:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

PC

http://www.roadkillbill.com/r135.html

Class and Helicopter

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/

Reply to [email protected]

On 07 Nov 2003 04:52:21 GMT, [email protected] (Wolverbob) wrote:

>Take a look at this "recumbent" ...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3636347369&category=161 70#ebayphotohosting
>
>Look at where the bottom bracket is compared to where your feet would be once you put them down. Oh
>wait, thats so you can put things in the "cargo" area below the seat!

Here's the company's home page: http://www.mcsbike.com/ It's in German though.

This bike has been around for a couple of years, I think. It's a neat design, though I always
wondered if the "cargo" would interfere with the rider's legs when stopped.

Excellent device. Note from teh manufacturers' web site that it can be ridden hands-off while
carrying a crate of beer. A practical machine par excellence...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

It's a neat design

I love this design, I'd really like to try some "bikes of burden", and if it's a "'bent of burden" all the better. One day, I'd like to have such a bike in my garage for shopping.

I can imagine a day in our society when more people might start to make the connection between not getting enough exercise and the fact that we do all our load-carrying with over-priced, polluting, space-hogging motor-vehicles.