What (in your opinion) is the best bike in the world?

Wurm said:
While you're at it with the pump peg, maybe you should have them spot on a chain-hanger on the inside of the right seat stay. Very handy when changing wheels or cleaning. My '03 Raleigh Professional (Columbus Zona Megatube) has both, plus braze-on front derailleur.

The best of the past, with the new-tech of today.

Outstanding idea there, Mr. Wurm! I've gotten by in the past with a dowel rod. Was thinking about 'upgrading' to a Pedros chain keeper (or equivalent), but you're spot on!

Thanks!

neil0502 said:
Outstanding idea there, Mr. Wurm! I've gotten by in the past with a dowel rod. Was thinking about 'upgrading' to a Pedros chain keeper (or equivalent), but you're spot on!

Thanks!
Glad to help!

It popped into my gourd when I read about you getting the peg option, because just 2 days ago while I had my rig down for cleaning/lubing, I thought about how glad I was that I had the chain hanger - quite handy and no extra junk lying around to fuss with. Plus, you take it with you on every ride, and it weighs nothing. :)

I don't know if you can make it out, but it's just left of the second "u" in Columbus. Maybe I can post a better pic tomorrow.

Here ya go neil - better pics from the left side. Maybe these can give you a better idea of where to place it relative to the chain height.

I can give you measurements if that would help.

Wurm said:
Here ya go neil - better pics from the left side. Maybe these can give you a better idea of where to place it relative to the chain height.

I can give you measurements if that would help.

Nice bike! Nice pics, too, btw!

As soon as I saw your post, I e-mailed ye olde lbs. Presumably, they've called Moots. When I hear back, I'll know whether timing was sufficient, and whether they have any questions about placement.

Way back when (mid-80's), I had a chain hanger on my Schwinn High Sierra MTB. It was an excellent addition.

Now . . . . if that extra 0.8 grams of Ti slows my climbing . . . . ;)

Thanks for the props. So yeah, you've had the hanger before so you'll know what to do on the new frame. Hope they can get the order in on time.

If that .02857 oz. does slow you down, I'll buy you a pizza!

Best bike in the world?

The one that gets you to ride all the time...

THE best bike ever eva is the bmc phonak team machine its a LEGAND BIKE
and put some Maxxis road tires on ur right.

Best bike in the world....for me...Colnago Dream,mavic seriums,dura ace groupo!Well thats what im building!Anyone got any spare cash to lend me though! :p
Steeeeeeevie Booooyy!

The one that I am sitting on when I am at Warm Springs dam, Lake Sonoma, at sunset...with nothing in the world to worry about

Cheers

tandem pennyfarthing

293386401_69481bdd7d_o.jpg

Artmichalek; Quote:I still walk into the kitchen sometimes just to stare at it.

So I'm not the only one? who keeps their ride in the kitchen?
The garage is too lonley of a place.]

Mine aint nearly the best but it's holding up nicely, after 9000 miles.
Since this picture, i have upgraded to Ultegra pedals; fyi.

DSC00419.jpg

I don't know how anyone can name brand bike "X" a best bike if they haven't owned it and put a good number of miles on it. Secondly, I think bikes are like saddles, different ones suit different people.

Sign me up for a Ridley Noah. And if I was actually having to pay for it, I would order it with Ultegra 6700, but Campy Super Record 11 would be cool.