What is a derailleur?

Carla A-G

Guest
The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
the contestants were able to answer it.

Dopes.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

| The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
| the contestants were able to answer it.
|
| Dopes.

Good thing I wasn't watching or I might have thrown something at the TV

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 1/27/2003

Thanks for the info on the helmet with the open or closed vents. But game shows maybe your watching
to much american tv. Talk to you latter I'm going riding.

Fire up MTB 03

Carla A-G wrote:
> The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
> the contestants were able to answer
> it.

What was the "answer"? Just curious

Penny

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for the info on the helmet with the open or closed vents. But game shows
> maybe your watching to much american tv. Talk to you latter I'm going riding.

Nope, that is the only thing that I watch on tv. We don't even have cable...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Main Entry: de·rail·leur Pronunciation: di-'rA-l&r Function: noun Etymology: French dérailleur, from
dérailler Date: 1930
: a mechanism for shifting gears on a bicycle that operates by moving the
chain from one set of exposed gears to another

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 08:09:30 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>What was the "answer"? Just curious
>
>Penny

"Alec, What is something you don't need on an SS?"

That's correct Bill for the Double Bonus

Waaaaawhooooooo!

Peace, Bill

:-]

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:59:54 -0500, Carla A-G <[email protected]> wrote:
> The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
> the contestants were able to answer it.
>
> Dopes.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Maybe they were all singlespeeders? d8^)

> The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
> the contestants were able to answer it.
>
> Dopes.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

I answered that one from my kitchen while making an omelet, yes, for dinner, with a big grin since
it's rare I get one they don't!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
> the contestants were able to answer it.
>
> Dopes.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

What was the phrasing of the question: "French for shifty springy thingy?" /s

"supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy
question
> > the other day...none of the contestants were able to answer it.
> >
> > Dopes.
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
>
> What was the phrasing of the question: "French for shifty springy thingy?" /s

That would be summink like:

"la chose de springy de changement"

Mike

Michael Dart wrote:
> "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>>> The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none
>>> of the contestants were able to answer it.
>>>
>>> Dopes.
>>>
>>> - CA-G
>>>
>>> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
>>
>> What was the phrasing of the question: "French for shifty springy thingy?" /s
>
> That would be summink like:

No, more like "the French word for a rear shifter on a bicycle" Ans "what is a derailleur"

Jeopardy format, remember?

Penny
> "la chose de springy de changement"
>
> Mike

"Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:59:54 -0500, Carla A-G <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy
question
> > the other day...none of the contestants were able to answer it.
> >
> > Dopes.
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> Maybe they were all singlespeeders? d8^)

No, SS'ers know what a derailleur is. But their definition - "That thing I DON'T have on MY bike"
possibly wouldn't be good enough.

Trentus