What is a derailleur?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
    the contestants were able to answer it.

    Dopes.

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
    | the contestants were able to answer it.
    |
    | Dopes.

    Good thing I wasn't watching or I might have thrown something at the TV

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 1/27/2003

  3. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Thanks for the info on the helmet with the open or closed vents. But game shows maybe your watching
    to much american tv. Talk to you latter I'm going riding.

    Fire up MTB 03

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
    > the contestants were able to answer
    > it.

    What was the "answer"? Just curious

    Penny

  5. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the info on the helmet with the open or closed vents. But game shows
    > maybe your watching to much american tv. Talk to you latter I'm going riding.

    Nope, that is the only thing that I watch on tv. We don't even have cable...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  6. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Main Entry: de·rail·leur Pronunciation: di-'rA-l&r Function: noun Etymology: French dérailleur, from
    dérailler Date: 1930
    : a mechanism for shifting gears on a bicycle that operates by moving the
    chain from one set of exposed gears to another

    > Carla A-G wrote:
    > > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none
    > > of the contestants were able to answer
    > > it.
    > >

    > What was the "answer"? Just curious
    >
    > Penny

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 08:09:30 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What was the "answer"? Just curious
    >
    >Penny

    "Alec, What is something you don't need on an SS?"

    That's correct Bill for the Double Bonus

    Waaaaawhooooooo!

    Peace, Bill

    :-]

  8. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:59:54 -0500, Carla A-G <[email protected]> wrote:
    > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
    > the contestants were able to answer it.
    >
    > Dopes.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Maybe they were all singlespeeders? d8^)

  9. Josh

    Josh Guest

    > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
    > the contestants were able to answer it.
    >
    > Dopes.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    I answered that one from my kitchen while making an omelet, yes, for dinner, with a big grin since
    it's rare I get one they don't!

  10. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none of
    > the contestants were able to answer it.
    >
    > Dopes.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    What was the phrasing of the question: "French for shifty springy thingy?" /s

  11. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy
    question
    > > the other day...none of the contestants were able to answer it.
    > >
    > > Dopes.
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
    >
    > What was the phrasing of the question: "French for shifty springy thingy?" /s

    That would be summink like:

    "la chose de springy de changement"

    Mike

  12. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >>> The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy question the other day...none
    >>> of the contestants were able to answer it.
    >>>
    >>> Dopes.
    >>>
    >>> - CA-G
    >>>
    >>> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
    >>
    >> What was the phrasing of the question: "French for shifty springy thingy?" /s
    >
    > That would be summink like:

    No, more like "the French word for a rear shifter on a bicycle" Ans "what is a derailleur"

    Jeopardy format, remember?

    Penny
    > "la chose de springy de changement"
    >
    > Mike

  13. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    "Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:59:54 -0500, Carla A-G <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > > The category was French words...that was the answer to a Jeopardy
    question
    > > the other day...none of the contestants were able to answer it.
    > >
    > > Dopes.
    > >
    > > - CA-G
    > >
    > > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
    > >

    > Maybe they were all singlespeeders? d8^)

    No, SS'ers know what a derailleur is. But their definition - "That thing I DON'T have on MY bike"
    possibly wouldn't be good enough.

    Trentus