What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent?

nospam

Guest
What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent? The Primo Comets don't hold
up to small stones, etc. I have a Rans Stratus.

nospam wrote:

> What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent? The Primo Comets don't hold
> up to small stones, etc. I have a [RANS] Stratus.

Avocet Fasgrip Freestyle:
<http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/carbon12_specs.html> (scroll to bottom
of page).

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

"nospam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent? The Primo Comets don't

hold
> up to small stones, etc. I have a Rans Stratus.

Try Vredestein S-Licks, I had Primo's on my Vision that were bald at 2000
miles, so far the S-Licks still have penty of tred at 3700 miles

I won't go back to Primo's

"nospam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent? The Primo Comets don't

hold
> up to small stones, etc. I have a Rans Stratus.

A lot of people like Schwalbe Stevio for a fast, good handling tire. But
for what you seem to want I think Conti Top Touring would be a good choice.
I've been using them for the past six or seven years on my bent and on a
upright Bike Friday. They are quiet, tough as can be, and scoot you right
along.

skip

I put my Primo on the front and used an S-Lick on the back - I agree,
excellent low rolling with good puncture resistance.
Phil

"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<QboGc.31012$Oq2.6230@attbi_s52>...
> "nospam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent? The Primo Comets don't

> hold
> > up to small stones, etc. I have a Rans Stratus.

> Try Vredestein S-Licks, I had Primo's on my Vision that were bald at 2000
> miles, so far the S-Licks still have penty of tred at 3700 miles
>
> I won't go back to Primo's

The Vredestein S-Lick is no longer available in 20". Don't know why,
it's a great tire.

Tom
Goatbiker/V2

"skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "nospam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > What is a good 20" tire for front of LWB bent? The Primo Comets don't

> hold
> > up to small stones, etc. I have a Rans Stratus.
> >

> A lot of people like Schwalbe Stevio for a fast, good handling tire. But
> for what you seem to want I think Conti Top Touring would be a good choice.
> I've been using them for the past six or seven years on my bent and on a
> upright Bike Friday. They are quiet, tough as can be, and scoot you right
> along.
>
> skip

Depends on the kind of riding you do. I agree with Skip about the
Stelvios if you are looking for a thin fast tire. Excellent traction
too, even in the wet. If you want to go wider and want a reasonably
fast tire (not as fast as the Stelvios) then take a look at the Kenda
Kwest. I run a 1.25" on my V-Rex commuter but they also make a 1.5"
that I have read a lot of complimentary posts on. Kendas deliver nice
road feel, are pretty tough, and have low rolling resistance. The
Stelvios deliver nice road feel, aren't as tough, but provide lower
rolling resistance.

Mike S.
St. Louis, Mo.

[email protected] (Thomas Balmer) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The Vredestein S-Lick is no longer available in 20". Don't know why,
> it's a great tire.
>
> Tom
> Goatbiker/V2

The Vredestein S-Licks is still made in 406mm, it is just the US
Vredestein distributor stopped importing them. I have 406mm S-Licks in
stock for $30.

Zach Kaplan

Sweet! Thanks, Zack.

Tom

> The Vredestein S-Licks is still made in 406mm, it is just the US
> Vredestein distributor stopped importing them. I have 406mm S-Licks in
> stock for $30.
>
> Zach Kaplan

I've got about 3200 miles on a set of Avocet Fasgrips. Love the tires, but
they're a little hard to find. It's time to change mine, and I'm going to
Kenda Kwest both front and rear. I'm on a Longbikes Slipstream - 26" rear,
20" front. I've got a few miles on a KK rear and liked it a lot - we'll see
when I get both on the bike.

Mark
news:[email protected]...