What is an ideal diet for maintaining optimal health?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Carole, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Carole

    Carole Guest

    A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
    consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much protein
    do we need and what is the right mix of vegies/fruit to
    carbs and protein?

    The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a day.
    Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+ weeks)
    protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would stick to
    this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat in less
    than 1 week.

    The development of latent "acidosis"
    http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html

    "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams a
    day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day. The average
    American diet on the other hand contains as much as 200
    grams of protein per day, that's bacon and eggs for
    breakfast, etc.. We all know that the "richer" we became as
    a civilization and more "advanced", the more meat we eat.
    Plato knew this in ancient Greece and toward the end of that
    civilization I'm sure they had all the 'modern' degenerative
    diseases that plague us today and, "fast foods".

    "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the Mayan
    Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as if they too
    had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe toward the end they
    became so rich they ate Big-Mac Hamburgers too."

    Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

    Tags:

  2. Carole

    Carole Guest

  3. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
    >[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
    >health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
    >antagonisms.

    Yeah, like those people with the antisemitic links on their
    web sites.

    >May the acid in your bodies dissolve your bones.

    Hahaha. It's always amusing to see someone like you start
    talking about "acidity" or any other scientific term, since
    you couldn't explain the scientific basis of it if your life
    depended on it.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  4. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
    > health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
    > antagonisms.

    Yes, lets discuss diet and perhaps supplements for
    Diabetics, a women with endometriosis pain and
    hypothyroidism. Lets not recommend the person read websites
    like Ms Clark's parasite cleanser claims.

    --
    Kim Please note, I don't wish to get involved in any
    personal conflicts between the posters here. I'm simply

  5. Drceephd

    Drceephd Guest

    [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
    > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much protein
    > do we need and what is the right mix of vegies/fruit to
    > carbs and protein?
    >
    > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a day.
    > Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+ weeks)
    > protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would stick to
    > this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat in less
    > than 1 week.

    Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively. The
    muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of sugar in
    the muscles stored as the black spots ( glycogen )found in
    the cells of the super atheletes? Sugar is the primary souce
    of energy for the body, that means the brain and the
    muscles. Fat is a secondary or tertiary source of energy.

    > The development of latent "acidosis"
    > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
    >
    > "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams a
    > day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day.

    Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
    daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have a need
    for amino acids. A normal diet should provide about 30
    grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily. If you cannot
    get this from your fruits, veggies, and nuts, you are
    really, really, eating incorectly. The human does not have
    to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat, the horse, the monkey,
    the fish, the snake, or the family cat to get his amino
    acids from their proteins.

    The average American diet on
    > the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of protein
    > per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast, etc..

    That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
    from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by the
    over consumption of protein, including death ) and acidosis.

    > "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
    > Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as if
    > they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe toward the
    > end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac Hamburgers too."

    Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of
    minerals in our bones, can now be show to begin at age
    25. It may not be admitted yet but the data fully
    supports the conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the
    way of the Mayans.

    > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

    DrC PhD

  6. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    Moron. Humans do not need liquids but they need water

    and

    "Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
    daily. Humans have no need for protein"

    These people are not stupid John.

    "drceephd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
    > > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much
    > > protein do we need and what is the right mix of
    > > vegies/fruit to carbs and protein?
    > >
    > > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a
    > > day. Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+
    > > weeks) protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would
    > > stick to this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat
    > > in less than 1 week.
    >
    > Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively.
    > The muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of
    > sugar in the muscles stored as the black spots ( glycogen
    > )found in the cells of the super atheletes? Sugar is the
    > primary souce of energy for the body, that means the
    > brain and the muscles. Fat is a secondary or tertiary
    > source of energy.
    >

    > > The development of latent "acidosis"
    > > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
    > >
    > > "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams
    > > a day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day.
    >
    > Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
    > daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have a need
    > for amino acids. A normal diet should provide about 30
    > grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily. If you
    > cannot get this from your fruits, veggies, and nuts, you
    > are really, really, eating incorectly. The human does not
    > have to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat, the horse, the
    > monkey, the fish, the snake, or the family cat to get his
    > amino acids from their proteins.
    >
    > The average American diet on
    > > the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of protein
    > > per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast, etc..
    >
    > That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
    > from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by the
    > over consumption of protein, including death ) and
    > acidosis.
    > >
    > > "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
    > > Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as
    > > if they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe
    > > toward the end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac
    > > Hamburgers too."
    >

    > Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of minerals
    > in our bones, can now be show to begin at age 25. It may
    > not be admitted yet but the data fully supports the
    > conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the way of the
    > Mayans.
    >

    > > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm
    >
    > DrC PhD

  7. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Well I disagree on this one - how come vegans live without
    animal protein in their diets? Anth

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:neednbUB3PaSvMjdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Moron. Humans do not need liquids but they need water
    >
    > and
    >
    > "Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
    > daily. Humans have no need for protein"
    >
    > These people are not stupid John.
    >

    > "drceephd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
    > > > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much
    > > > protein do we need and what is the right mix of
    > > > vegies/fruit to carbs and protein?
    > > >
    > > > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a
    > > > day. Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+
    > > > weeks) protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would
    > > > stick to this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of
    > > > meat in less than 1 week.
    > >
    > > Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively.
    > > The muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of
    > > sugar in the muscles stored as the black spots (
    > > glycogen )found in the cells of the super atheletes?
    > > Sugar is the primary souce of energy for the body, that
    > > means the brain and the muscles. Fat is a secondary or
    > > tertiary source of energy.
    > >

    > > > The development of latent "acidosis"
    > > > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
    > > >
    > > > "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40
    > > > grams a day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a
    > > > day.
    > >
    > > Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino
    > > acids daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have
    > > a need for amino acids. A normal diet should provide
    > > about 30 grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily.
    > > If you cannot get this from your fruits, veggies, and
    > > nuts, you are really, really, eating incorectly. The
    > > human does not have to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat,
    > > the horse, the monkey, the fish, the snake, or the
    > > family cat to get his amino acids from their proteins.
    > >
    > > The average American diet on
    > > > the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of
    > > > protein per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast,
    > > > etc..
    > >
    > > That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
    > > from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by
    > > the over consumption of protein, including death ) and
    > > acidosis.
    > > >
    > > > "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
    > > > Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as
    > > > if they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe
    > > > toward the end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac
    > > > Hamburgers too."
    > >

    > > Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of
    > > minerals in our bones, can now be show to begin at age
    > > 25. It may not be admitted yet but the data fully
    > > supports the conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the
    > > way of the Mayans.
    > >

    > > > Carole
    > > > http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm
    > >
    > > DrC PhD

  8. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    Anth. not sure who your comment is directed at with so many
    of the trolls blocked it can be confusing.

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well I disagree on this one - how come vegans live without
    > animal protein
    in
    > their diets? Anth

  9. Carole

    Carole Guest

    [email protected] (drceephd) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
    > > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much
    > > protein do we need and what is the right mix of
    > > vegies/fruit to carbs and protein?
    > >
    > > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a
    > > day. Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+
    > > weeks) protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would
    > > stick to this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat
    > > in less than 1 week.
    >
    > Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively.
    > The muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of
    > sugar in the muscles stored as the black spots ( glycogen
    > )found in the cells of the super atheletes? Sugar is the
    > primary souce of energy for the body, that means the
    > brain and the muscles. Fat is a secondary or tertiary
    > source of energy.

    What is meant by "muscle burns fat" is that the bigger the
    muscle the more capability is has to burn up any fat
    reserves, whereas wasted muscles burn fat more slowly.

    But this maybe a deceptively simple concept. The idea that a
    high protein diet is good, from the viewpoitn of acid
    residue, doesn't make it a good proposition after all. High
    protein diets actually lead to a store of acid in the body
    which has a disastrous effect. Paul Bragg (nature guru) used
    to say that each acid attack on the body is another nail in
    a person's coffin, or something to that effect.

    We hear a lot these days about how Western society is too
    well fed. Sometimes I see pictures (on TV) of people who
    live in third world countries who are slim, wiry and still
    have good muscle tone and wonder what they eat. Probably a
    lot of it has to do with genetics, but they probably only
    eat one meal a day and probably not much protein at that,
    yet in some ways they seem healthier than people in western
    society on our rich, high protein, fat, sugar etc. diets.

    We need to rethink what we eat, and maybe frugal is better.
    People eat and try to get all their vitamins and minerals,
    but at the same time they are creating a lot of acid in
    their bodies. This maybe the reason why monkeys fed on
    restricted diets appear to be younger than those fed as much
    as they can eat i.e., the acid residue may be the problem.

    Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/acidity.htm

    > > The development of latent "acidosis"
    > > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
    > >
    > > "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams
    > > a day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day.
    >
    > Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
    > daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have a need
    > for amino acids. A normal diet should provide about 30
    > grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily. If you
    > cannot get this from your fruits, veggies, and nuts, you
    > are really, really, eating incorectly. The human does not
    > have to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat, the horse, the
    > monkey, the fish, the snake, or the family cat to get his
    > amino acids from their proteins.
    >
    > The average American diet on
    > > the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of protein
    > > per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast, etc..
    >
    > That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
    > from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by the
    > over consumption of protein, including death ) and
    > acidosis.
    > >
    > > "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
    > > Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as
    > > if they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe
    > > toward the end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac
    > > Hamburgers too."
    >

    > Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of minerals
    > in our bones, can now be show to begin at age 25. It may
    > not be admitted yet but the data fully supports the
    > conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the way of the
    > Mayans.
    >

    > > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm
    >
    > DrC PhD

  10. Carole

    Carole Guest

    [email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article
    > <[email protected]>, Carole
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:<-
    > >[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
    > >health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
    > >antagonisms.
    >
    > Yeah, like those people with the antisemitic links on
    > their web sites.
    >
    > >May the acid in your bodies dissolve your bones.
    >
    > Hahaha. It's always amusing to see someone like you start
    > talking about "acidity" or any other scientific term,
    > since you couldn't explain the scientific basis of it if
    > your life depended on it.

    If I was waiting for you to explain anything scientific to
    me, I'd be waiting a long time. I mightn't know a lot, but I
    read around and can see that its an important but unspoken
    of topic. The article above

    The development of latent "acidosis"
    http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html

    has a lot of information in it, about blood acidity. It
    talks about latent acidosis which is where a buildup in the
    body occurs over time, and which accumulates in the joints
    and other places.

    That is an important concept don't you think? And what are
    the implications of all this latent acidosis? The blood
    itself has to stay within a very narrow pH range and if it
    gets out of .1 either side, there is trouble. So the acid
    gets stored around the body and in the joints.

    The question is, once it gets stored around the body what
    are the effects and how does a person reverse it? Hmmm?
    Explain that if you can.

    Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

  11. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
    > We need to rethink what we eat, and maybe frugal is
    > better. People eat and try to get all their vitamins and
    > minerals, but at the same time they are creating a lot of
    > acid in their bodies. This maybe the reason why monkeys
    > fed on restricted diets appear to be younger than those
    > fed as much as they can eat i.e., the acid residue may be
    > the problem.
    ==================
    What is your opinion of the low-carb (not no-carb) diets
    such as Atkins? I saw on TV there are people who've been on
    this diet since the 1970s. They do eat some carbs in the way
    of vegetables and fruit but their main intake is fats and
    protein. All were healthy and had low cholesterol and normal
    BP. I read most of the article in the NYTimes that year as
    well. It agreed and also stated these low-carb diets are
    effective. Your opinion?
    --
    Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
    seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the

  12. Anth

    Anth Guest

    I think they are not so good in the long term because with
    plant foods you get a lot of stuff that lowers your risks of
    contracting cancer and other diseases. Maybe I'm ignorant of
    Atkins - I understand that the diet isn't long term? Anth I
    think they already found great evidence to say that it's the
    protein in the Atkins diet which is responsible for
    modulating the hunger, so you eat less on Atkins and hence
    lose weight.

    "Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:T9Kdne8-T89te8XdRVn-
    [email protected]

    > "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
    > > We need to rethink what we eat, and maybe frugal is
    > > better. People eat and try to get all their vitamins and
    > > minerals, but at the same time they are creating a lot
    > > of acid in their bodies. This maybe the reason why
    > > monkeys fed on restricted diets appear to be younger
    > > than those fed as much as they can eat i.e., the acid
    > > residue may be the problem.
    > ==================
    > What is your opinion of the low-carb (not no-carb) diets
    > such as Atkins?
    > saw on TV there are people who've been on this diet since
    > the 1970s. They do eat some carbs in the way of vegetables
    > and fruit but their main intake is fats and protein. All
    > were healthy and had low cholesterol and normal BP. I read
    > most of the article in the NYTimes that year as well. It
    agreed
    > and also stated these low-carb diets are effective. Your
    > opinion?
    > --
    > Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
    > seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
    > beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
    > cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

  13. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
    >[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> In article
    >> <[email protected]>, Carole
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:-
    >> ><[email protected]>...
    >> >
    >> >Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
    >> >health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
    >> >antagonisms.
    >>
    >> Yeah, like those people with the antisemitic links on
    >> their web sites.
    >>
    >> >May the acid in your bodies dissolve your bones.
    >>
    >> Hahaha. It's always amusing to see someone like you start
    >> talking about "acidity" or any other scientific term,
    >> since you couldn't explain the scientific basis of it if
    >> your life depended on it.
    >
    >If I was waiting for you to explain anything scientific to
    >me, I'd be waiting a long time.

    That's only true in the sense that you are so poorly
    educated that I probably wouldn't bother. You'd tune me
    out anyway, since you are so sure you already have all
    the answers.

    >I mightn't know a lot, but I read around and can see that
    >its an important but unspoken of topic. The article above
    >
    >The development of latent "acidosis"
    >http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
    >
    >has a lot of information in it, about blood acidity. It
    >talks about latent acidosis which is where a buildup in the
    >body occurs over time, and which accumulates in the joints
    >and other places.

    Except that it doesn't. Your body is terrific at maintaining
    a very steady pH value, and any significant deviation is not
    going to have subtle results -- it's going to land you in
    the hospital immediately.

    >That is an important concept don't you think?

    Yes. But you missed it.

    >And what are the implications of all this latent acidosis?
    >The blood itself has to stay within a very narrow pH range
    >and if it gets out of .1 either side, there is trouble. So
    >the acid gets stored around the body and in the joints.

    No it doesn't, Carole. There's no place to store it. The
    body does not have little storage drums into which acid
    is poured.

    >The question is, once it gets stored around the body what
    >are the effects and how does a person reverse it? Hmmm?
    >Explain that if you can.

    I don't have to explain things that don't happen.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  14. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think they are not so good in the long term because with
    > plant foods you get a lot of stuff that lowers your risks
    > of contracting cancer and other diseases.

    That doesn't seem to be a problem with people on these low-
    carb diets. Since these diets have been around since the 70s
    we would know if they increased the cancer rate no? And
    unlike like other diets people seem ABLE to both stick to
    them and actually lose weight. A side benefit is for those
    with borderline diabetes. Blood sugar levels remain low in
    low-carbers.

    > Maybe I'm ignorant of Atkins - I understand that the diet
    > isn't long term?

    From what I know it is - because of anyone goes off any diet
    they will regain all the weight they lost. They do eat fruit
    and veggies but in small amounts. They can eat corn, peas
    and other high-carb veggies but the portions are very small.
    No other useless crabs are allowed such as white flour,
    cake, donuts, pretzels, white bread etc.

    > Anth

    > I think they already found great evidence to say that it's
    > the protein in the Atkins diet which is responsible for
    > modulating the hunger, so you eat less on Atkins and hence
    > lose weight.

    I recently saw that. It's the constant rise and fall of
    insulin that causes constant hunger on normal diets. That
    doesn't happen on the low-carb diets.
    --
    Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
    seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
    beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
    cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

  15. Anth

    Anth Guest

    "Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I think they are not so good in the long term because
    > > with plant foods
    you
    > > get a lot of stuff that lowers your risks of contracting
    > > cancer and
    other
    > > diseases.
    >
    > That doesn't seem to be a problem with people on these low-
    > carb diets. Since these diets have been around since the
    > 70s we would know if they increased the cancer rate no?
    > And unlike like other diets people seem
    ABLE
    > to both stick to them and actually lose weight. A side
    > benefit is for
    those
    > with borderline diabetes. Blood sugar levels remain low in
    > low-carbers.

    Not sure about this, I've not looked for studies.

    > > Anth
    >
    > > I think they already found great evidence to say that
    > > it's the protein
    in
    > > the Atkins diet which is responsible for modulating the
    > > hunger, so you
    eat
    > > less on Atkins and hence lose weight.
    >
    > I recently saw that. It's the constant rise and fall of
    > insulin that
    causes
    > constant hunger on normal diets. That doesn't happen on
    > the low-carb
    diets.

    Well I would be inclined to stay clear of high protein diets
    (although I think Atkins isn't high protein) I conject that
    much of the digestive enzymes would be used to break down
    the proteins and increase my risk of cancer.

    Interesting, have you any research on that? Anth

    > Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
    > seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
    > beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
    > cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

  16. Kim

    Kim Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > with borderline diabetes. Blood sugar levels remain low
    > > in low-carbers.

    > Not sure about this, I've not looked for studies.

    There are many webistes if you do a Google.

    > > I recently saw that. It's the constant rise and fall of
    > > insulin that
    > causes
    > > constant hunger on normal diets. That doesn't happen on
    > > the low-carb
    > diets.

    > Well I would be inclined to stay clear of high protein
    > diets (although I think Atkins isn't high protein)

    It seems like it is. It appears to be like most other low-
    carb diets = high in protein-moderate in fats-low in carbs.

    > I conject that much of the digestive enzymes would be used
    > to break down
    the
    > proteins and increase my risk of cancer.

    Well, that doesn't happen in societies that naturally
    consume low-carb/high-protein diets such as many Africans
    and peoples from the far Northern regions. Many of these
    people have very little access to carby foods.

    > Interesting, have you any research on that? Anth

    Good grief.... the net is loaded with information on the low-
    carb diets.
    :)
    --
    Kim "We look at the ancient Greeks with their gods on a
    mountain top throwing lightning bolts and say, 'Those