What is an ideal diet for maintaining optimal health?

Carole

Guest
A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much protein
do we need and what is the right mix of vegies/fruit to
carbs and protein?

The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a day.
Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+ weeks)
protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would stick to
this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat in less
than 1 week.

The development of latent "acidosis"
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html

"We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams a
day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day. The average
American diet on the other hand contains as much as 200
grams of protein per day, that's bacon and eggs for
breakfast, etc.. We all know that the "richer" we became as
a civilization and more "advanced", the more meat we eat.
Plato knew this in ancient Greece and toward the end of that
civilization I'm sure they had all the 'modern' degenerative
diseases that plague us today and, "fast foods".

"This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the Mayan
Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as if they too
had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe toward the end they
became so rich they ate Big-Mac Hamburgers too."

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>
>Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
>health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
>antagonisms.

Yeah, like those people with the antisemitic links on their
web sites.

>May the acid in your bodies dissolve your bones.

Hahaha. It's always amusing to see someone like you start
talking about "acidity" or any other scientific term, since
you couldn't explain the scientific basis of it if your life
depended on it.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
> health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
> antagonisms.

Yes, lets discuss diet and perhaps supplements for
Diabetics, a women with endometriosis pain and
hypothyroidism. Lets not recommend the person read websites
like Ms Clark's parasite cleanser claims.

--
Kim Please note, I don't wish to get involved in any
personal conflicts between the posters here. I'm simply

[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
> consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much protein
> do we need and what is the right mix of vegies/fruit to
> carbs and protein?
>
> The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a day.
> Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+ weeks)
> protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would stick to
> this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat in less
> than 1 week.

Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively. The
muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of sugar in
the muscles stored as the black spots ( glycogen )found in
the cells of the super atheletes? Sugar is the primary souce
of energy for the body, that means the brain and the
muscles. Fat is a secondary or tertiary source of energy.

> The development of latent "acidosis"
> http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
>
> "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams a
> day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day.

Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have a need
for amino acids. A normal diet should provide about 30
grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily. If you cannot
get this from your fruits, veggies, and nuts, you are
really, really, eating incorectly. The human does not have
to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat, the horse, the monkey,
the fish, the snake, or the family cat to get his amino
acids from their proteins.

The average American diet on
> the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of protein
> per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast, etc..

That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by the
over consumption of protein, including death ) and acidosis.

> "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
> Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as if
> they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe toward the
> end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac Hamburgers too."

Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of
minerals in our bones, can now be show to begin at age
25. It may not be admitted yet but the data fully
supports the conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the
way of the Mayans.

> Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

DrC PhD

Moron. Humans do not need liquids but they need water

and

"Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
daily. Humans have no need for protein"

These people are not stupid John.

"drceephd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
> > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much
> > protein do we need and what is the right mix of
> > vegies/fruit to carbs and protein?
> >
> > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a
> > day. Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+
> > weeks) protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would
> > stick to this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat
> > in less than 1 week.
>
> Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively.
> The muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of
> sugar in the muscles stored as the black spots ( glycogen
> )found in the cells of the super atheletes? Sugar is the
> primary souce of energy for the body, that means the
> brain and the muscles. Fat is a secondary or tertiary
> source of energy.
>

> > The development of latent "acidosis"
> > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
> >
> > "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40 grams
> > a day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day.
>
> Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
> daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have a need
> for amino acids. A normal diet should provide about 30
> grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily. If you
> cannot get this from your fruits, veggies, and nuts, you
> are really, really, eating incorectly. The human does not
> have to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat, the horse, the
> monkey, the fish, the snake, or the family cat to get his
> amino acids from their proteins.
>
> The average American diet on
> > the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of protein
> > per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast, etc..
>
> That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
> from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by the
> over consumption of protein, including death ) and
> acidosis.
> >
> > "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
> > Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as
> > if they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe
> > toward the end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac
> > Hamburgers too."
>

> Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of minerals
> in our bones, can now be show to begin at age 25. It may
> not be admitted yet but the data fully supports the
> conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the way of the
> Mayans.
>

> > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm
>
> DrC PhD

Well I disagree on this one - how come vegans live without
animal protein in their diets? Anth

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:neednbUB3PaSvMjdRVn-
[email protected]...
> Moron. Humans do not need liquids but they need water
>
> and
>
> "Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino acids
> daily. Humans have no need for protein"
>
> These people are not stupid John.
>

> "drceephd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
> > > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much
> > > protein do we need and what is the right mix of
> > > vegies/fruit to carbs and protein?
> > >
> > > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a
> > > day. Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+
> > > weeks) protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would
> > > stick to this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of
> > > meat in less than 1 week.
> >
> > Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively.
> > The muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of
> > sugar in the muscles stored as the black spots (
> > glycogen )found in the cells of the super atheletes?
> > Sugar is the primary souce of energy for the body, that
> > means the brain and the muscles. Fat is a secondary or
> > tertiary source of energy.
> >

> > > The development of latent "acidosis"
> > > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
> > >
> > > "We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40
> > > grams a day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a
> > > day.
> >
> > Humans can live very well on only 15 grams of amino
> > acids daily. Humans have no need for protein. We do have
> > a need for amino acids. A normal diet should provide
> > about 30 grams, about one ounce, of amino acids daily.
> > If you cannot get this from your fruits, veggies, and
> > nuts, you are really, really, eating incorectly. The
> > human does not have to eat the cow, the sheep, the goat,
> > the horse, the monkey, the fish, the snake, or the
> > family cat to get his amino acids from their proteins.
> >
> > The average American diet on
> > > the other hand contains as much as 200 grams of
> > > protein per day, that's bacon and eggs for breakfast,
> > > etc..
> >
> > That is why Americans are so overweight, and so diseased
> > from the diseases of proteinosis ( diseases caused by
> > the over consumption of protein, including death ) and
> > acidosis.
> > >
> > > "This is a reason postulated for the extinction of the
> > > Mayan Indians, their skeletons are demineralized, as
> > > if they too had been soaked in excess acid. Maybe
> > > toward the end they became so rich they ate Big-Mac
> > > Hamburgers too."
> >

> > Interesting comment. Osteoporosis, the loss of
> > minerals in our bones, can now be show to begin at age
> > 25. It may not be admitted yet but the data fully
> > supports the conclusion. Perhaps Americans will go the
> > way of the Mayans.
> >

> > > Carole
> > > http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm
> >
> > DrC PhD

Anth. not sure who your comment is directed at with so many
of the trolls blocked it can be confusing.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well I disagree on this one - how come vegans live without
> animal protein
in

[email protected] (drceephd) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > A lot of weight loss diets say to maintain protein
> > consumption because muscle burns fat. But how much
> > protein do we need and what is the right mix of
> > vegies/fruit to carbs and protein?
> >
> > The following article states 40-80 grams of protein a
> > day. Let's see. 1000 grams (1kg) / 40 = 25 days' (3+
> > weeks) protein from 1kg of meat. How many people would
> > stick to this regime? Most people would eat 1kg of meat
> > in less than 1 week.
>
> Muscle burns fat? I cannot agree with that exclusively.
> The muscles can burn fat, but what about the store of
> sugar in the muscles stored as the black spots ( glycogen
> )found in the cells of the super atheletes? Sugar is the
> primary souce of energy for the body, that means the
> brain and the muscles. Fat is a secondary or tertiary
> source of energy.

What is meant by "muscle burns fat" is that the bigger the
muscle the more capability is has to burn up any fat
reserves, whereas wasted muscles burn fat more slowly.

But this maybe a deceptively simple concept. The idea that a
high protein diet is good, from the viewpoitn of acid
residue, doesn't make it a good proposition after all. High
protein diets actually lead to a store of acid in the body
which has a disastrous effect. Paul Bragg (nature guru) used
to say that each acid attack on the body is another nail in
a person's coffin, or something to that effect.

We hear a lot these days about how Western society is too
well fed. Sometimes I see pictures (on TV) of people who
live in third world countries who are slim, wiry and still
have good muscle tone and wonder what they eat. Probably a
lot of it has to do with genetics, but they probably only
eat one meal a day and probably not much protein at that,
yet in some ways they seem healthier than people in western
society on our rich, high protein, fat, sugar etc. diets.

We need to rethink what we eat, and maybe frugal is better.
People eat and try to get all their vitamins and minerals,
but at the same time they are creating a lot of acid in
their bodies. This maybe the reason why monkeys fed on
restricted diets appear to be younger than those fed as much
as they can eat i.e., the acid residue may be the problem.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/acidity.htm

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article
> <[email protected]>, Carole
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:<-
> >[email protected]>...
> >
> >Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
> >health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
> >antagonisms.
>
> Yeah, like those people with the antisemitic links on
> their web sites.
>
> >May the acid in your bodies dissolve your bones.
>
> Hahaha. It's always amusing to see someone like you start
> talking about "acidity" or any other scientific term,
> since you couldn't explain the scientific basis of it if
> your life depended on it.

If I was waiting for you to explain anything scientific to
me, I'd be waiting a long time. I mightn't know a lot, but I
read around and can see that its an important but unspoken
of topic. The article above

The development of latent "acidosis"
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html

has a lot of information in it, about blood acidity. It
talks about latent acidosis which is where a buildup in the
body occurs over time, and which accumulates in the joints
and other places.

That is an important concept don't you think? And what are
the implications of all this latent acidosis? The blood
itself has to stay within a very narrow pH range and if it
gets out of .1 either side, there is trouble. So the acid
gets stored around the body and in the joints.

The question is, once it gets stored around the body what
are the effects and how does a person reverse it? Hmmm?
Explain that if you can.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> We need to rethink what we eat, and maybe frugal is
> better. People eat and try to get all their vitamins and
> minerals, but at the same time they are creating a lot of
> acid in their bodies. This maybe the reason why monkeys
> fed on restricted diets appear to be younger than those
> fed as much as they can eat i.e., the acid residue may be
> the problem.
==================
What is your opinion of the low-carb (not no-carb) diets
such as Atkins? I saw on TV there are people who've been on
this diet since the 1970s. They do eat some carbs in the way
of vegetables and fruit but their main intake is fats and
protein. All were healthy and had low cholesterol and normal
BP. I read most of the article in the NYTimes that year as
well. It agreed and also stated these low-carb diets are
effective. Your opinion?
--
Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the

I think they are not so good in the long term because with
plant foods you get a lot of stuff that lowers your risks of
contracting cancer and other diseases. Maybe I'm ignorant of
Atkins - I understand that the diet isn't long term? Anth I
think they already found great evidence to say that it's the
protein in the Atkins diet which is responsible for
modulating the hunger, so you eat less on Atkins and hence
lose weight.

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:T9Kdne8-T89te8XdRVn-
[email protected]...

> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> > We need to rethink what we eat, and maybe frugal is
> > better. People eat and try to get all their vitamins and
> > minerals, but at the same time they are creating a lot
> > of acid in their bodies. This maybe the reason why
> > monkeys fed on restricted diets appear to be younger
> > than those fed as much as they can eat i.e., the acid
> > residue may be the problem.
> ==================
> What is your opinion of the low-carb (not no-carb) diets
> such as Atkins?
> saw on TV there are people who've been on this diet since
> the 1970s. They do eat some carbs in the way of vegetables
> and fruit but their main intake is fats and protein. All
> were healthy and had low cholesterol and normal BP. I read
> most of the article in the NYTimes that year as well. It
agreed
> and also stated these low-carb diets are effective. Your
> opinion?
> --
> Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
> seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
> beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
> cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>, Carole
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:-
>> ><[email protected]>...
>> >
>> >Its interesting to see who is interested in discussing
>> >health topics, and whose only purpose is to stir up
>> >antagonisms.
>>
>> Yeah, like those people with the antisemitic links on
>> their web sites.
>>
>> >May the acid in your bodies dissolve your bones.
>>
>> Hahaha. It's always amusing to see someone like you start
>> talking about "acidity" or any other scientific term,
>> since you couldn't explain the scientific basis of it if
>> your life depended on it.
>
>If I was waiting for you to explain anything scientific to
>me, I'd be waiting a long time.

That's only true in the sense that you are so poorly
educated that I probably wouldn't bother. You'd tune me
out anyway, since you are so sure you already have all
the answers.

>I mightn't know a lot, but I read around and can see that
>its an important but unspoken of topic. The article above
>
>The development of latent "acidosis"
>http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
>
>has a lot of information in it, about blood acidity. It
>talks about latent acidosis which is where a buildup in the
>body occurs over time, and which accumulates in the joints
>and other places.

Except that it doesn't. Your body is terrific at maintaining
a very steady pH value, and any significant deviation is not
going to have subtle results -- it's going to land you in
the hospital immediately.

>That is an important concept don't you think?

Yes. But you missed it.

>And what are the implications of all this latent acidosis?
>The blood itself has to stay within a very narrow pH range
>and if it gets out of .1 either side, there is trouble. So
>the acid gets stored around the body and in the joints.

No it doesn't, Carole. There's no place to store it. The
body does not have little storage drums into which acid
is poured.

>The question is, once it gets stored around the body what
>are the effects and how does a person reverse it? Hmmm?
>Explain that if you can.

I don't have to explain things that don't happen.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think they are not so good in the long term because with
> plant foods you get a lot of stuff that lowers your risks
> of contracting cancer and other diseases.

That doesn't seem to be a problem with people on these low-
carb diets. Since these diets have been around since the 70s
we would know if they increased the cancer rate no? And
unlike like other diets people seem ABLE to both stick to
them and actually lose weight. A side benefit is for those
with borderline diabetes. Blood sugar levels remain low in
low-carbers.

> Maybe I'm ignorant of Atkins - I understand that the diet
> isn't long term?

From what I know it is - because of anyone goes off any diet
they will regain all the weight they lost. They do eat fruit
and veggies but in small amounts. They can eat corn, peas
and other high-carb veggies but the portions are very small.
No other useless crabs are allowed such as white flour,
cake, donuts, pretzels, white bread etc.

> Anth

> I think they already found great evidence to say that it's
> the protein in the Atkins diet which is responsible for
> modulating the hunger, so you eat less on Atkins and hence
> lose weight.

I recently saw that. It's the constant rise and fall of
insulin that causes constant hunger on normal diets. That
doesn't happen on the low-carb diets.
--
Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I think they are not so good in the long term because
> > with plant foods
you
> > get a lot of stuff that lowers your risks of contracting
> > cancer and
other
> > diseases.
>
> That doesn't seem to be a problem with people on these low-
> carb diets. Since these diets have been around since the
> 70s we would know if they increased the cancer rate no?
> And unlike like other diets people seem
ABLE
> to both stick to them and actually lose weight. A side
> benefit is for
those
> with borderline diabetes. Blood sugar levels remain low in
> low-carbers.

Not sure about this, I've not looked for studies.

> > Anth
>
> > I think they already found great evidence to say that
> > it's the protein
in
> > the Atkins diet which is responsible for modulating the
> > hunger, so you
eat
> > less on Atkins and hence lose weight.
>
> I recently saw that. It's the constant rise and fall of
> insulin that
causes
> constant hunger on normal diets. That doesn't happen on
> the low-carb
diets.

Well I would be inclined to stay clear of high protein diets
(although I think Atkins isn't high protein) I conject that
much of the digestive enzymes would be used to break down
the proteins and increase my risk of cancer.

Interesting, have you any research on that? Anth

> Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
> seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
> beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
> cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > with borderline diabetes. Blood sugar levels remain low
> > in low-carbers.

> Not sure about this, I've not looked for studies.

There are many webistes if you do a Google.

> > I recently saw that. It's the constant rise and fall of
> > insulin that
> causes
> > constant hunger on normal diets. That doesn't happen on
> > the low-carb
> diets.

> Well I would be inclined to stay clear of high protein
> diets (although I think Atkins isn't high protein)

It seems like it is. It appears to be like most other low-
carb diets = high in protein-moderate in fats-low in carbs.

> I conject that much of the digestive enzymes would be used
> to break down
the
> proteins and increase my risk of cancer.

Well, that doesn't happen in societies that naturally
consume low-carb/high-protein diets such as many Africans
and peoples from the far Northern regions. Many of these
people have very little access to carby foods.

> Interesting, have you any research on that? Anth

Good grief.... the net is loaded with information on the low-
carb diets.
:)
--
Kim "We look at the ancient Greeks with their gods on a
mountain top throwing lightning bolts and say, 'Those