What Is Considered A "entry Level" Bike

"then Campy would be a Cadillac not a Corvette"

Actually, a Ferrari would be the appropriate analogy.

"having Campy doesn't make the bike faster."

Says you. C.U.L.T. says otherwise. As do speed of shifting. And weight when it comes to climbing.

"There isn't a lot of difference between Shamano and Campy other than what I already mentioned with looks, maybe durability might be a tad better but when you're paying quite a bit more for Campy durability should be better!"

That Buick and that Ferrari will both get you to the country club. What happens both before and after you open the car door and step out can NOT be compared. Period. There is a LOT of difference.

Yeah, both vehicles have transmissions that shift. Both have wheels that go around. Both get you from point 'A' to point 'B'. If one can not see the differences beyond those similarities...well, I feel very sorry for the life you've been living.

" This expense thing is why I didn't go with Dura Ace on my newest bike, because Dura Ace uses titanium gears which don't last as long as steel, but more importantly the cost dollar to gram goes way up while the durability goes down."

And herein lays the truth.

It ALWAYS comes down to money when the ******** finally stops.

"And you mentioned pro teams, well I found a website that shows what teams are using what and the use of Campy on pro bikes, out of 18 teams only 5 are using Campy, and 3 are using SRAM, which means that the majority of race teams are using Shamano; see: http://cdn.velonews....4/01/chart.jpegThat chart is for the 2014 pro teams. However for 2015 some teams have dropped away from Campy, this year there are only 3 teams running Campy, and SRAM has taken a hit too with only 1 team, this means the overwhelming majority has gone with Shamano; http://inrng.com/201...pro-team-bikes/

So your beloved Campy isn't doing so well in the pro circuit why is that?"

They sell a lot of Buicks. They don't sell a lot of Ferraris.

I wonder 'which' component is going to win the Vuelta a Espana today...I have a funny feeling Campagnolo is doing just fine on the professional circuit. Fabio Aru thinks likewise.

No comments on those entry level Campy bikes?

Since you're so dead set on comparing Buicks to Ferraris as the same as Shamano to Campy, (which again that comparison isn't even closely related that you made, but since you're dead set on that let's go with it). Actually what you're really saying is that a Buick has no problem beating a Ferrari.

Next please!

Even Ford beat Enzo. It cost him billions, but it was worth it to beat the very best that life offered.

Throw 100 Buicks at 2 Ferraris and eventually one of them will win something, somewhere.

Sure. shitmaNO has beat the best. That doesn't make them the best. A Ford is still a Ford and no one ever got laid for driving a Focus.

Lance won the Tour seven times. Does that make him better than Eddy? You could put Lance on a 1975 Raleigh Record and given enough EPO, T and Hgh he could still crush everyone else and make cheap French components look like the cream of the crop.

You've been presented with every reason Campagnolo is the very best there is and refuted none of them.

Fabio Aru gave you one more reason, today.

CAMPYBOB said:
"having Campy doesn't make the bike faster."

Says you. C.U.L.T. says otherwise. As do speed of shifting. And weight when it comes to climbing.
If it did, then Aru and Astana would probably have used wheels with CU*T bearings - instead of the ones they decided to use instead. I see Aru's Campag cranks looks spiffy... oh wait... they look about as good as the Campag hubs or other components with the leg-end-ary Campag bearings.

;)

Bob you're off base with this one. The rider/team makes the bike/components, not the components. Sram for whatever reasons is no longer favored by teams, and Campy is nearly in the same boat, for some reason teams are not liking those two companies, you can say what you want about Campy but the proof isn't in the pudding.

So no I haven't been presented with every reason Campy is the very best because that view is only held by a very few pro teams.

I have nothing against Campy, I use it too, but to be narrow minded saying it's the best by a huge margin is incorrect, if you were correct then it would be favored by most everyone on the pro circuit not by a very few as they are now. Having said that I think for some things Campy is better by a small margin like I mentioned earlier, but there are some things that Shamano has is better, but only by a small margin.

Sorry but you are way over exaggerating the benefits of Campy.

Did you ever catch my spelling of Shamano? I don't like Shamano or SRAM for the one reason that they cannot be repaired by using small parts, you have to buy a whole new component, but the stuff does work and works quite well as evidenced by pro teams using Shamano in particular.

"The rider/team makes the bike/components, not the components"

Except for one thing. Every bike has components bolted all over it. They're as necessary as the frame and the rider.

"Campy is nearly in the same boat"

Except for one MORE thing...they just scored another win in their long and storied history.

20150913110_DSC_0322-b.jpg

Red gear. Red Bike. Red shoes.

BLACK Campagnolo Super Record!

"So no I haven't been presented with every reason Campy is the very best because that view is only held by a very few pro teams."

And amateur cyclists around the world with good taste. I'll re-state the reasons, again, as you have missed them.

Superior function, superior durability, superior finishes, superior materials, superior technology, superior designs and superior craftsmanship. As far as parts go, I can get just about any Campy part I need to rebuild or repair or replace what I own in under 48 hours. Most shitmaNO small parts are just plain unavailable over any time period and their components are not repairable or rebuildable.

They 'view' is held by intelligent people everywhere.

"Sorry but you are way over exaggerating the benefits of Campy."

That is impossible to do.

"Did you ever catch my spelling of Shamano?"

Yes. Every time you typed it. For weeks I was laboring under the illusion that there was a rider in the pro peloton named "John Shimano". That's what listening to Sean Kelly pronounce "Giant ShimaNO" will do to ya.

That guy I met yesterday on his cross country bucket list ride (see my post in the road cycling forum)? He was on a TREK Domane shitmaNO Ultegra. Somewhere in Texas he had an LBS install a new chain. The LBS wrench routed the chain OUTSIDE of one of the rear derailleur cage's tabs...the tabs that keep the chain on the pulleys. He rode from Texas to the TREK Superstore in Columbus, Ohio before it was fixed...he didn't even notice it, he said.

In the back of my mind a voice kept laughing and saying, "Typical shitmaNO rider!".

There is a passion for life in some of us. A very few, in this era sadly...

Just like ColnagoC60 pulling his BB apart to carefully attend to his C.U.L.T. bearings and properly maintain his bike, it takes a passion for our sport. Our avocation.. Can you imagine a shitmaNO rider doing something similar? Hell no, you can't. Their idea of maintenance is to drop the bike off with 'Larry Lugnut', the LBS wrench, to have a chain installed or a 'complete tuneup'.

Gaaaaakkkkkk! I just noticed! Aru's new, custom red shorts are an inch too short! And socks at mid-calf???

CAMPYBOB said:
b68947486062592ee0bb097de5ae8d66.image.400x336.jpg

That's around $1,300 U.S. at Slane.

Or a 2015 Nirone with Xenon for $1240. Not having shitmaNO never looked so good!

3b2b0c62617a1cda626975945f07e453.image.750x506.jpg

Sweet... ;) I remember you saying that you have yo Alu Frame, yo Training Tires and your Ninja-Plated™©® Shimano MoFo-.22 Group? :D

Veloce is indeed classier then Claris and the brifters are same price. The rest of the stuff is a bit expensive like the mechs but still not 11speed which is da bomb at the moment... (Bullsh^t).

One of the nicer bikes I've seen lately was a Caad7 or something with a 7speed Campy with a smaller then compact crank. Fast, reliable, serviceable.

Serviceability issues kinda make Shimano appear very toy like in lower grade groups...

But that Ultra Torque bullsh^t is... Oh man... :D

"I remember you saying that you have yo Alu Frame

Nope. I have never owned an aluminum frame. Steel, Ti and carbon...yeah.

As far as 'entry level' goes, I would say the Emonda I bought last December is about as 'entry level' as they come...carbon frame, 105 **** splattered all over it, clinchers on aluminum wheels. Now, that is 'entry level' for a road machine. Ridden by a roadie. Regularly.

Not some bike trail bike or once-a-month use bike that gets ridden on the nearest 25-mile charity ride or such. Here you might find Alivio or Altus or Claris or Deore or whatever girls' names shitmaNO is using on their cheapest scrap, **** stuff.

I think CampyBob is a marketing rep for Campy because no one is that gung ho over Campy...NO ONE!

By the way boys and girls, it's Campy that won another, howbeit rare, race, the rider had nothing to do with it, if I had been riding that bike I would have won too just because of Campy components.

I spent around 700$ for my Trek 1.1C. It had Shimano Claris and came with a carbon fork. The wheels were not of cheap quality, but it wasn't decent as well. I'd say they were mid ranged.

Nah. Aru could have won a 1972 Huret Alvit or shitmaNO derailleur...but, I repeat myself. Fortunately, he didn't have to suffer the humiliation of crossing the finish line with shitmaNO or SRAM or FSA running gear. The spesh crankset was humiliation enough.

"I think CampyBob is a marketing rep for Campy..."

But wait...there's more!

I've worked hard all my life. I've been blessed by good fortune. I do not ***** about the cost of something that bolts onto my bicycles.

People that are that concerned about what they spend on a device they put so much time and energy into are...bizarre. They probably drive Buicks. Or a fruitcake's Miata. Any Swami's just whining like a 12-year old girl because there was no shitmaNO **** bolted to Aru's bike.

Quote by Swami:
"Aru's Campag cranks looks spiffy... oh wait... they look about as good as the Campag"

The chainrings...they are Campy.

I guess spesh mandated one component be used...TREK does Bontrager like a crack addict.

You... Bought... 105 5800!!! :DDD

Nothing wrong with them... Nice screws throughout... Not so much. :D

Veloce... Zombie green hoods... Alu Frame... (Or GURU MoFo- Canadian carbon), and some f@ckin posh Alu clinchers... :D like Mavic or some bullsh^t like that... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6wenZ2R8IE

"You... Bought... 105 5800!!! :DDD"

I swear...Swami slipped me a roofie!

CAMPYBOB said:
Nah. Aru could have won a 1972 Huret Alvit or shitmaNO derailleur...but, I repeat myself. Fortunately, he didn't have to suffer the humiliation of crossing the finish line with shitmaNO or SRAM or FSA running gear. The spesh crankset was humiliation enough.

"I think CampyBob is a marketing rep for Campy..."

But wait...there's more!

I've worked hard all my life. I've been blessed by good fortune. I do not ***** about the cost of something that bolts onto my bicycles.

People that are that concerned about what they spend on a device they put so much time and energy into are...bizarre. They probably drive Buicks. Or a fruitcake's Miata. Any Swami's just whining like a 12-year old girl because there was no shitmaNO **** bolted to Aru's bike.
LOL!! this schit is just too good, LOL!!

Imagine what a new OvertTorque 172.5 39x53 would do...

shitmaNO? See ya in divorce court.