What Is Considered A "entry Level" Bike

CAMPYBOB said:
It's a Ferrari!

http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/review-cipollini-bond-road-bike/2

Cipollini Campagnolo.

Entry level speed and passion! Forza Italia!

"Entry level EPS?" :D

Cute... :D

7cycling-crash-in-the-giro-ditalia.jpg

The frame is 5 grand. Mario is impressed with himself.

The average sticker on an F-150 down at the local FERD dealer is $40K-$45K. For a 1/2-ton pickup.

I enjoy watching the parking lots at the trail heads. You don't wait very long to spot the $3,000 TREKS getting unloaded for their 15-mile flat-as-a-pancake ride. Or the custom $1,000+ racks and $1,500 trailers dumping those high dollar geezer trikes off for their over-weight riders drivers to climb into. Then there's the recumbents being unloaded from long-bed pickups...

Now, Craig's list is littered with over-priced TREK 1.1's and such, but I rarely see them in the wild. The low end market has been basically all about the mountain bike for years and years with a very few trail cruiser hybrid types tossed in. I consider neither to be road bikes, but probably both are the typical entry and exit bike in my area.

CAMPYBOB said:

The average sticker on an F-150 down at the local FERD dealer is $40K-$45K. For a 1/2-ton pickup.

I enjoy watching the parking lots at the trail heads. You don't wait very long to spot the $3,000 TREKS getting unloaded for their 15-mile flat-as-a-pancake ride. Or the custom $1,000+ racks and $1,500 trailers dumping those high dollar geezer trikes off for their over-weight riders drivers to climb into. Then there's the recumbents being unloaded from long-bed pickups...

Now, Craig's list is littered with over-priced TREK 1.1's and such, but I rarely see them in the wild. The low end market has been basically all about the mountain bike for years and years with a very few trail cruiser hybrid types tossed in. I consider neither to be road bikes, but probably both are the typical entry and exit bike in my area.
I'm trying to figure out the importance of mentioning the 40k-45k F150 in the second paragraph, but I guess that's why you went off berating senior citizens...because you don't make sense.

I don't care if some "high dollar geezer" wants to buy a $15,000 bike, or a $110,000 Corvette, none of which will remotely see the speeds they're capable of, but the truth of the matter is that only the wealthy senior citizens for the most part can afford these high dollar toys. It is what it is. I miss the days when a 20 year old something person and could buy a 3 to 5 year old 427 Corvette, pay for rent, pay for school, work a minimum wage job, and have money left over for dates, those days are very long gone.

CAMPYBOB said:

Mario has always been impressed with himself.

I love the MUP racers---or "pathletes" as we call them around these parts. Don't forget the tri bars on the $3000 Treks.

Attachments

• mariocipollini2.jpg
    mariocipollini2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 11
Mario with a full leg tan! Manlio!

I'm usually with my wife when I hit the rails-to-trails bike paths we have around here, but I have to admit they are a tempting ITT training ground! I have been known to scare birders, freak out Labrador Retriever owners and curse under my breath at families with double-wide strollers.

The worst feature of the trails are the damned tons of dry leaves and small ground up twigs sprayed on the chain, rear derailleur and chainrings. After just 20 miles on any of the local trails the chain cleaner comes out and the bike gets detailed.

I saw a very fit tri-guy on a brand new Giant Propel with aero bars on one of my trail rides. He, his riding partner and I were on cruise control between stop signs on that 8' wide path. Thankfully, it was not rush hour and we didn't kill any women and small children on hybrids or mountain bikes.