What is good about Australia?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Mart, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Mart

Mart New Member

Ok, just about everyone else has had a go, so what do you guys think about Australia. The federal election is today, so I'll probably be extremely depressed tomorrow once I hear the result so let's keep it nice.

Tags:

2. iameviljez

iameviljez New Member

I'm currently sitting in China. Showed that conservative monobrowed man win again, I'll be just about inconsolable.

3. Feideaux

Feideaux New Member

Oh no, not again.

F.

4. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Teflon Johnny wins again. Appeal to peoples need for $$$ + greed + security = election win.

1996 was depressing enough, I want to move to NZ.
    [end small non-cycling rant]

5. iameviljez

iameviljez New Member

*jumps from five storey window, not much blood seen through his "It's Time Again" tshirt*

6. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Arrgg! Please don't! :(

Seriously I don't believe this edition of the federal gov will see out it's full term. The Liberals stink, too many lies & buy offs. Stick around longterm & watch the b*st*rds self destruct when when little Johnny retires, and the Abbott & Costello Show hits town ....[ends non cycling rant]

7. iameviljez

iameviljez New Member

Mmm that's what I said in 1996...

8. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

G'day,

Sorry...I thought this was a cycling forum with something to say...instead i stumble across the only 4 folks in the country that voted labor!...get over it!...I wouldn't let latham walk my dog, let alone run the country!....& the majority of Australians obviously agree with me!

Hitchy

9. superclimber

superclimber New Member

dead right man, dead right. I for one would like to move also to a nation of REAL sheep, not the psuedo, fear mongered, scared to have a voice country we currently live in. Today and every day until the next election i am ashamed to be an aussie. To vote for a man who has been uncovered as a liar, a cheat and another Bush puppet and then say its okay shames me to the very core.

10. superclimber

superclimber New Member

ah no, it just means you and every one else are sheep. Go to New Zealand and vote there. You probably only voted for howard to be able to say that.

11. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Geesh.....you dudes talking about Aussieland or Canuckistan? Good to see politics transcend international borders. ;)

Here in Canada our ruling elites(Liberals) were embroiled in a terrible scandal yet still managed to win the federal election....abet barely! Lots of promises from the centralists was the key or was it the radicalism of the right and left wing parties.

Hmmmm......I want my Progressive Conservatives back.........(slightly right of centre conservatives) ....who were amalgamated with the right wing Reform Party to create a consolidated right wing party. Just a little to right for my tastes tho....... :eek:

At least the Libs are not blindly following Bush`s lead. They supported(and still do support) the efforts in Afhganistan but decided early on that Iraq was a spin job.

Politicians....they are all crooks regardless of their platforms. :D

12. iameviljez

iameviljez New Member

well if most people voted for howard then I'm ashamed to say that says that Australians think more with their wallets than their hearts... terrible.

13. bikeriderfrance

bikeriderfrance New Member

GETTING OUT OF THE PLACE VERY QUICKLY........... bon courage.

14. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam New Member

Whats good about Australia...
    certainly not Olivia Newton John-
    or those annoying beer commercials.
    I do have a soft spot for the Perentie...now that sucker is cool, and white's tree frogs.

15. James Bruce Gil

James Bruce Gil New Member

TS,

What about Crown Lager, Boags Premium, Cascade Premim and Hahn Premium.

I'm dissapointed, I thought these would come to mind quite readily for you Sam. Being a man with such cultured predelictions and all. :D

Not that there is anything wrong with our fauna mind.

KInd regards,

16. Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam New Member

Yeah- sometimes the Biologist over-rides the beer drinker (not often)...and Herpetology is one of my many hobbies. If it's reptiles you want to see, Aus. is the place to go.
    I gave up on their beer after the annoying commercials...but I have many fine wines from the land down under (wife is a chemist for the big one in the states and they own a few wineries over there)
    Cheers
    Dave

17. James Bruce Gil

Agreed, sadly they are not as common as they were when I was young.

Kind regards,

18. till!

till! New Member

There seems to be some errors in that beer list;

Coopers (apart from clare/mclaren valley, what else is this state good for?)
    Little Creatures' Pale and Rogers

But the best thing about australia is having little johnnie and abbot doing the thinking and making my decisions for me. After all, daddy knows best.

till

19. James Bruce Gil

Till'

I think SA has much going for it.

The human legacy of Don Dunstan, (the rest of Australia is still 20 years behind in that area), Harndorf and the Germanic cakes & breads, the seafood......etc. You can throw in Coopers I'll concede that. Don't go much on Westend though.

Kind regards,

20. till!

till! New Member

Ill concede a few more points: don and the german food influences. Ill complain about the seafood though, there is good seafood, but you cant get any good yum cha there, the squid legs I was served were like kraken. Westend is utter swill though.

till