What is good about Australia?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Mart, Oct 8, 2004.

1. James Bruce Gil

James Bruce Gil New Member

Till,

Don't know about Yum Cha in Adelaide. I've never actually gone looking for it. Found very good Thai there though.

Kind regards,

2. bikeriderfrance

bikeriderfrance New Member

hi there, is that silly man in a square paper bag over his head on the top left a typical ozz. bon courage.

3. James Bruce Gil

BdeF,

Couvrir ma tête je dois. Comme un chapeau plein d'anus, laid est ma face! Pas typique généralement.:D

(What I think I said was; I cover my head because my face is as ugly as a hat full of arseholes? Not generally typical.)

Le genre considère,

4. bikeriderfrance

:D soo sorry , french about ok, its the brain thats naaass, ps i do not speak or understand french, oh i hear that chineeeeeese is now the official language of ozz land ? bon courage.:mad:

5. James Bruce Gil

BdeF,

Leaving aside the fact that there is a multiplicity of Chinese languages; We have around 82 commonly spoken languages in the area of Sydney, where I live. Sure, Cantonese & Hokien are quite common, but Thai, Vietnamese, Bahasa, Arabic & Macedonian are probably even more common. English is still the most usual.

I quite enjoy the variety of food that comes with this blend of cultures.

I thought for a moment that I had someone to sharpen up my written French.
    Life is full of dissapointments :(

Kind regards,

6. till!

till! New Member

7. bikeriderfrance

bonjour mon ami

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: comment vous allez aujourd'hui.. still ,my 2 friends have just left aussie land, why, well being cyclists it is not a good place to ride a bike, they lived outside sidney, and over a 9 month period 6 riders were killed going to work, how, well it appears that the asian /chinky/vietnam mob, drive on the hard shoulder in clapped out holdens, mow down anything thats is living or dead, and keep on going. when stopped ,IF stopped they speak only a mumbo jumbo language, and get off with a 100 a$ fine and 4 chickens to be given to the police open-day fund. bon courage.. ps i do not give french lessons, i need some my self..:D :D :D :D

8. James Bruce Gil

BdeF,

You are right in a sense. Bicycle riders are not accorded the same respect in Australia that they are accorded in France. I don't think its got too much to do with our Asian drivers though as they have a long culture of bicycling.

It is more to do with the general Australian attitude that bicycles have no place on the road.

I have been riding a bicycle to and from work for most of my working life and have had many close calls but have only been hit only twice in almost 39 years of working. Fortunately, I was not seriously injured.

From my observations though there are some very reckless cyclists here in Australia also. As an example, I obey traffic signals many young cyclists do not. Zigzagging through moving cross traffic at intersections is just asking for trouble, but I see it every day or two here in Sydney.

Kind regards,

9. patch70

patch70 New Member

Hey BRF,

Take you pathetic little racial stereotypes and stick them where the sun don't shine. Whilst you are down there, try to find some intelligence because it sure ain't in your head.

10. James Bruce Gil

p70,

Don't get off your bike, its simply not worth it. :rolleyes: Hitler had a lot of good friends in France remember. :rolleyes: Charles DeGaule was really up against it for a while.

The other thing there is unfortunately a bit of religiouse & racial intolerance on the rise in Europe at the moment. This is just the isolated face of it we are seeing.

Fortunately, most of the French I know are not like this.

You'd never know that they'd been kicked out of North Africa & Indochina would you? Next it will be the South Pacific just be patient.

Kind regards,

11. bikeriderfrance

helo there just as i thought, my wife who visited aussi land last year to see her sister, went for a meal with her and her husband, during the evening, he tried to impress my wife just "how great it was to be an aussie",, after about 5 minutes, my wife, who by the way ran a legal executive business was so pissed of she told him a few home truths.. he jumped up and caused such a scene in the restaurant, swearing, cursing and in fact he smashed up a table, why just because my wife said that anyone with such " TUNNEL VISION ", must be brain dead.. just a bit like you in fact.. i live in peace with my fellow men, non racist, just a bloody good bikerider, oh by the way, how many kms on your bike this year.? bon courage.

12. bikeriderfrance

yes lot of places which used to be british/french/german/usa are now fully fledge countries, and why not.... the days of marching in and taking over are finished, usa did just that with the help of the british/AUSSIES./spanish/ polish /germans et al.. but what did they find.. its a computer war, where is the enemy, its there, but where.. i think ALL the worlds now knows bush +et inc aussie land bit of a bit more than they thought, will it ever end, one day maybe... oh you are 100% right, cyclist with a bad name, well er idiots and nignogs on pavement/ mountain bikes are NOT cyclist, they are social idiots, but because they are on 2 wheels they are cyclists....bon courage.

13. patch70

patch70 New Member

If you really live in peace with your fellow men (sic), you wouldn't spout such ignorant racist generalisations. To then say you are non-racist is very amusing and gives us an excellent insight into your intellect.

The point of your story was?

15,000km. Obviously would prefer to do more but working 80 - 120 hours a week doesn't leave all that much time for biking. Why?

14. bikeriderfrance

hey WORK, finnished that when i was 49, retired to france, villa swimming pool, lots of french wine, work sorry..

why just wonderde if you actually RODE a bike, 95% of guys on this site only read about it.

i did a survey on the eurosport email baord this year when the tour was on (TDF)not (TDU) and only 4 guys actually rode, but over 100 were spouting off about bike racing/riding...

kms very good you beating me by 1500 kms, i can prove it can YOU.

racist, look into your own back yard..

point of story cannot remember, must go suns shining out on mi bike.

bon courage.