What is it about Cadel . . .



Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
matagi said:
Down here in Oz, we had a state politician whose name was Richard Face - what were his parents thinking?
The parents had an argument just before the hospital asked the mum for the baby's name to go on the birth certificate?
 

azdroptop

New Member
May 25, 2005
871
0
0
Hes cranky from all the testosterone. His voice is so high from the extra test being turned into estrogen.

His emotion on the podium made me like him a bit more. Showed he really cared about being in yellow.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
azdroptop said:
Hes cranky ....
I wish he was...
biggrin.gif
 

Geoff Vadar

New Member
Feb 13, 2008
1,192
0
0
Crankyfeet said:
So why did you keep riding a bike Geoff after you got your license to drive? Your footy sucked?

Actually your dad was a **** hot cyclist I understand, so that probably explains it. His footy probably sucked.
I dont really understand?
confused.gif
 

Grater

New Member
Jan 30, 2006
730
0
0
He is soft having a body guard. Soft!

I want Cadel to turn up a positive drug test. It probably won't happen but I want him to be all assured of yellow and then the news comes that he failed a doping test. That would bring the Aussie public back down to earth. Everyone is praising this ******.

A crash, a doping allegation or getting his **** kicked in the alps and not making up enough time on the time trial will be enough.
 

Drongo

New Member
Nov 28, 2007
316
0
0
Quote in The Age today:
I haven't seen my wife for two weeks and I'm running pretty low on affection.
CADEL EVANS, who has barely let go of the stuffed lion he was given after claiming the Tour de France's yellow jersey.
 

Runitout

New Member
Oct 11, 2005
197
0
0
Grater said:
He is soft having a body guard. Soft!

I want Cadel to turn up a positive drug test. It probably won't happen but I want him to be all assured of yellow and then the news comes that he failed a doping test. That would bring the Aussie public back down to earth. Everyone is praising this ******.

A crash, a doping allegation or getting his **** kicked in the alps and not making up enough time on the time trial will be enough.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but he didn't want the bodyguard. The bodyguard himself said that.

Evans' reaction to the bloke with the stuffed lion was a bit odd - but some of the **** that people are going on with here a is a bit odd too - ****, give me the yellow jersey and I'd be a bit teary, especially if I thought I would abandon a day earlier.

If you guys want the rockstar punk hardnut who looks like a god on a bike - then you get Riccardo Ricco. Be careful what you wish for.

Grater, I don't want anyone to have a positive test, unless they're doping, in which case all's fair in love and war - let's catch the buggers and send them on their way. I don't think Evans' is on anything that Kirchen and Vande Velde are not on.

I don't warm much to Evans, but I know some people who used to race against him in mtb, and they all say the same thing - he's an odd cat, goes to the beat of a different drum, but is a nice guy. He looks like I feel when he's going up a hill, and that's not a compliment - no souplesse, no style, surplus of pain. But I do feel he gets a hard rap from people who expect a rockstar hero and get disappointed when all they get is a bloke who rides a bike faster than they do.
 

Geoff Vadar

New Member
Feb 13, 2008
1,192
0
0
Runitout said:
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but he didn't want the bodyguard. The bodyguard himself said that.

Evans' reaction to the bloke with the stuffed lion was a bit odd - but some of the **** that people are going on with here a is a bit odd too - ****, give me the yellow jersey and I'd be a bit teary, especially if I thought I would abandon a day earlier.

If you guys want the rockstar punk hardnut who looks like a god on a bike - then you get Riccardo Ricco. Be careful what you wish for.

Grater, I don't want anyone to have a positive test, unless they're doping, in which case all's fair in love and war - let's catch the buggers and send them on their way. I don't think Evans' is on anything that Kirchen and Vande Velde are not on.

I don't warm much to Evans, but I know some people who used to race against him in mtb, and they all say the same thing - he's an odd cat, goes to the beat of a different drum, but is a nice guy. He looks like I feel when he's going up a hill, and that's not a compliment - no souplesse, no style, surplus of pain. But I do feel he gets a hard rap from people who expect a rockstar hero and get disappointed when all they get is a bloke who rides a bike faster than they do.
Excellent post.
 

classic1

Well-Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
11,478
2,067
113
Drongo said:
Quote in The Age today:
I haven't seen my wife for two weeks and I'm running pretty low on affection.
CADEL EVANS, who has barely let go of the stuffed lion he was given after claiming the Tour de France's yellow jersey.
I hope he knows a good dry cleaner.
 

b1_

New Member
Mar 28, 2004
145
0
0
49
Runitout said:
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but he didn't want the bodyguard. The bodyguard himself said that.

Evans' reaction to the bloke with the stuffed lion was a bit odd - but some of the **** that people are going on with here a is a bit odd too - ****, give me the yellow jersey and I'd be a bit teary, especially if I thought I would abandon a day earlier.

If you guys want the rockstar punk hardnut who looks like a god on a bike - then you get Riccardo Ricco. Be careful what you wish for.

Grater, I don't want anyone to have a positive test, unless they're doping, in which case all's fair in love and war - let's catch the buggers and send them on their way. I don't think Evans' is on anything that Kirchen and Vande Velde are not on.

I don't warm much to Evans, but I know some people who used to race against him in mtb, and they all say the same thing - he's an odd cat, goes to the beat of a different drum, but is a nice guy. He looks like I feel when he's going up a hill, and that's not a compliment - no souplesse, no style, surplus of pain. But I do feel he gets a hard rap from people who expect a rockstar hero and get disappointed when all they get is a bloke who rides a bike faster than they do.

+2

Cadel has broken his collar bone 12 times. I don't blame him for being sensitive about it, or getting emotional considering the situation he's in. I wouldn't say he's had a lot of luck so far in his Tour attempts. This is his chance. He's focussed. I'm willing to cut him some slack. He seems to be warming to the yellow.
 

matagi

Well-Known Member
Mar 12, 2006
8,265
337
83
Grater said:
He is soft having a body guard. Soft!

I want Cadel to turn up a positive drug test. It probably won't happen but I want him to be all assured of yellow and then the news comes that he failed a doping test. That would bring the Aussie public back down to earth. Everyone is praising this ******.

A crash, a doping allegation or getting his **** kicked in the alps and not making up enough time on the time trial will be enough.
So much vitriol! I don't understand it. Sure, he's an ugly ******* and his voice is enough to set your teeth on edge but wishing a crash or a positive drug test on someone is a little extreme, don't you think?

Is sleep deprivation making you lose perspective or something?
 

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
0
0
matagi said:
So much vitriol! I don't understand it. Sure, he's an ugly ******* and his voice is enough to set your teeth on edge but wishing a crash or a positive drug test on someone is a little extreme, don't you think?

Is sleep deprivation making you lose perspective or something?

Ma, Ma, Ma, no-one replies to Grater...we all got a P.M from his therapist asking that we don't antagonise him because that leads to bed wetting episodes.
 

serpico7

New Member
Sep 18, 2006
217
0
0
classic1 said:
I hope he knows a good dry cleaner.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif


Runitout said:
. . . If you guys want the rockstar punk hardnut who looks like a god on a bike - then you get Riccardo Ricco. Be careful what you wish for.

I don't warm much to Evans, but I know some people who used to race against him in mtb, and they all say the same thing - he's an odd cat, goes to the beat of a different drum, but is a nice guy. He looks like I feel when he's going up a hill, and that's not a compliment - no souplesse, no style, surplus of pain. But I do feel he gets a hard rap from people who expect a rockstar hero and get disappointed when all they get is a bloke who rides a bike faster than they do.
Yes, we can all relate to Cadel's suffering on the bike more than we can to guys who climb 15% grades like they're riding around the block. For all his whinging about his teammates and his overprotectiveness of his stuffed lion, the guy had better be riding clean.

If he's dirty, I'd much rather have a guy like Ricco win.
 

oely

New Member
Jun 4, 2004
231
0
0
matagi said:
So much vitriol! I don't understand it. Sure, he's an ugly ******* and his voice is enough to set your teeth on edge but wishing a crash or a positive drug test on someone is a little extreme, don't you think?

Is sleep deprivation making you lose perspective or something?
Its sleep deprivation caused by having a sore jaw and neck from the constant fellating of Cavendish and Columbia.

Gotta be at least midnight before Gater gets started. First theres the media interviews, bus trip, massage, team dinner, and then finally arond midnight, Gater gets to roll his sleeves up. The big teams are so professional, they have everything taken care of.
 

b1_

New Member
Mar 28, 2004
145
0
0
49
serpico7 said:
For all his whinging about his teammates and his overprotectiveness of his stuffed lion, the guy had better be riding clean.

If he's dirty, I'd much rather have a guy like Ricco win.

:rolleyes:

Why do I get the feeling all you Cadel haters watch The OC and The Bold and the Beautiful. Give me a normal, flawed person over a cool-as, Mr perfect knobhead any day of the week.
 

heinkel12

New Member
May 9, 2006
122
0
0
Grater said:
He is soft having a body guard. Soft!

I want Cadel to turn up a positive drug test. It probably won't happen but I want him to be all assured of yellow and then the news comes that he failed a doping test. That would bring the Aussie public back down to earth. Everyone is praising this ******.

A crash, a doping allegation or getting his **** kicked in the alps and not making up enough time on the time trial will be enough.
Your a real class act!
 

heinkel12

New Member
May 9, 2006
122
0
0
Runitout said:
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but he didn't want the bodyguard. The bodyguard himself said that.

Evans' reaction to the bloke with the stuffed lion was a bit odd - but some of the **** that people are going on with here a is a bit odd too - ****, give me the yellow jersey and I'd be a bit teary, especially if I thought I would abandon a day earlier.

If you guys want the rockstar punk hardnut who looks like a god on a bike - then you get Riccardo Ricco. Be careful what you wish for.

Grater, I don't want anyone to have a positive test, unless they're doping, in which case all's fair in love and war - let's catch the buggers and send them on their way. I don't think Evans' is on anything that Kirchen and Vande Velde are not on.

I don't warm much to Evans, but I know some people who used to race against him in mtb, and they all say the same thing - he's an odd cat, goes to the beat of a different drum, but is a nice guy. He looks like I feel when he's going up a hill, and that's not a compliment - no souplesse, no style, surplus of pain. But I do feel he gets a hard rap from people who expect a rockstar hero and get disappointed when all they get is a bloke who rides a bike faster than they do.
I have heard the same thing about him. A bit prickly, a bit different but a cut above the usual knobs who race bikes.
 

TheDarkLord

New Member
Dec 24, 2007
3,887
0
0
Grater said:
He is soft having a body guard. Soft!

I want Cadel to turn up a positive drug test. It probably won't happen but I want him to be all assured of yellow and then the news comes that he failed a doping test. That would bring the Aussie public back down to earth. Everyone is praising this ******.

A crash, a doping allegation or getting his **** kicked in the alps and not making up enough time on the time trial will be enough.
Nice! This from a guy who salivates about Columbia and Kirchen and Cavendish so much that it has affected his rational thinking. Oh wait, this is a logical outcome of the previous statement.