What is it about Cadel . . .

Don't give up on me now. Keep it coming. I can't dish it out if I've got nothing to work with...

Evans will always have a problem drawing fans. His racing style is plodding. His personality is sort of boring. He can only work with what he has, but in a sport where fans want heroic victories, he will always be lacking. But he is not any different than the other contenders. It's not like Sastre or Menchov or Vande Velde are any better.

Evans may do a little better in the Alps. He was the strongest of the true contenders on Hautacam, the alpine climbs will suit him better, he will be fully recovered from his crash, and he may put the hurt on contenders, making him a more worthy victor in many people's eyes.

Bro Deal said:
Evans will always have a problem drawing fans. His racing style is plodding. His personality is sort of boring. He can only work with what he has, but in a sport where fans want heroic victories, he will always be lacking. But he is not any different than the other contenders. It's not like Sastre or Menchov or Vande Velde are any better.

Evans may do a little better in the Alps. He was the strongest of the true contenders on Hautacam, the alpine climbs will suit him better, he will be fully recovered from his crash, and he may put the hurt on contenders, making him a more worthy victor in many people's eyes.
To quote Gertrude Stein: "There is no there there"

Grater said:
He is soft having a body guard. Soft!

I want Cadel to turn up a positive drug test. It probably won't happen but I want him to be all assured of yellow and then the news comes that he failed a doping test. That would bring the Aussie public back down to earth. Everyone is praising this ******.

A crash, a doping allegation or getting his **** kicked in the alps and not making up enough time on the time trial will be enough.
Dont like the way the public gets behind him, ******** to another country, you dont have to be here!!!!

Scotttri said:
Dont like the way the public gets behind him, ******** to another country, you dont have to be here!!!!

Don't let Grater upset you...he's actually only a pillow biter who has wet dreams about Cadel!.

did you all see his brief interview on versus this morning, rudely pushing a mic off to the side? he is incredibly disagreeable.

Scotttri said:
I will when I can.

All it was on the news reports over the last few days when Evans was in yellow.

Evans still maintains his 1 second lead.

There was never one mention of Cavendish or Freire or anyone. All the radio news was all about Cadel. There is more than 1 man in the Tour de France. Good to see Cadel cracking. Now hope he loses.

I maintain this and will still maintain this that Australia's first Tour winner is Michael Rogers in the next 3 - 4 years.

Cadel Evans is nothing like Rogers. Rogers attacks and likes to have fun!

Cadel should have stuck to mountain biking.

Grater said:
I will when I can.

All it was on the news reports over the last few days when Evans was in yellow.

Evans still maintains his 1 second lead.

There was never one mention of Cavendish or Freire or anyone. All the radio news was all about Cadel. There is more than 1 man in the Tour de France. Good to see Cadel cracking. Now hope he loses.

I maintain this and will still maintain this that Australia's first Tour winner is Michael Rogers in the next 3 - 4 years.

Cadel Evans is nothing like Rogers. Rogers attacks and likes to have fun!

Cadel should have stuck to mountain biking.
It's ironic Grates that you are complaining about the Oz media being biased towards Cadel. Maybe if you were in charge of Australia's sporting media, you would have more emphasis on the other teams, like Team High Road, Team Columbia, and T-Mobile....
tongue.gif

Crankyfeet said:
It's ironic Grates that you are complaining about the Oz media being biased towards Cadel. Maybe if you were in charge of Australia's sporting media, you would have more emphasis on the other teams, like Team High Road, Team Columbia, and T-Mobile....
tongue.gif
If Grater were in charge of media, there would be only one team mentioned in the coverage - Columbia. :rolleyes:

Crankyfeet said:
Kinda ruined my joke TDL...
frown.gif
biggrin.gif
Sorry, wasn't paying much attention. My bad. :eek:

Nevertheless it is ironic for a dude to ***** about media coverage being fixated on Evans, while he himself is fixated on Columbia.