What is it about PricePoint.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

x

TruVativ's home page carries this disclaimer:

"Note: Pricepoint.com is not an authorized Truvativ reseller and all Truvativ products purchased
from Pricepoint.com carry NO WARRANTY."

??
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

"(Pete Cresswell)" wrote:
>
> TruVativ's home page carries this disclaimer:
>
> "Note: Pricepoint.com is not an authorized Truvativ reseller and all Truvativ products purchased
> from Pricepoint.com carry NO WARRANTY."
>
> ??

What does it say? <G>

It looks like Price Point is getting product "sideways", rather than through the normal dealer
chain. Price Point is probably also selling below some sort of minimum advertised price. TruVativ
can't necessarily stop them from selling product, but it can easily dishonor warranties. Sometimes
companies selling stuff this way obtain product that is not packaged for retail sale, or not
properly packaged for USA / Canada sales.

In the electronics and photo retail world, this is known as "grey market".

Barry

"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> TruVativ's home page carries this disclaimer:
>
> "Note: Pricepoint.com is not an authorized Truvativ reseller and all
Truvativ
> products purchased from Pricepoint.com carry NO WARRANTY."
>
> ??
> -----------------------
> PeteCresswell

I brought this up about a month ago, when I was shopping for a crank...I decided grey market wasn't
the way to go, so I did the only sensible thing: I ordered a Next LP, and avoided the whole problem.

Pretty much everything Barry said is right on regarding PP and Truvativ. Notice how Jenson says
"call for price?"

Chris

"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > TruVativ's home page carries this disclaimer:
> >
> > "Note: Pricepoint.com is not an authorized Truvativ reseller and all
> Truvativ
> > products purchased from Pricepoint.com carry NO WARRANTY."
> >
> > ??
> > -----------------------
> > PeteCresswell
>
> I brought this up about a month ago, when I was shopping for a crank...I decided grey market
> wasn't the way to go, so I did the only sensible thing: I ordered a Next LP, and avoided the whole
> problem.
>
> Pretty much everything Barry said is right on regarding PP and Truvativ. Notice how Jenson says
> "call for price?"
>
> Chris

Hmmm....maybe that's why the 3 things I've bought from Jenson all had to be returned (defective).

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>TruVativ's home page carries this disclaimer:
>>>
>>>"Note: Pricepoint.com is not an authorized Truvativ reseller and all
>>
>>Truvativ
>>
>>>products purchased from Pricepoint.com carry NO WARRANTY."
>>>
>>>??
>>>-----------------------
>>>PeteCresswell
>>
>>I brought this up about a month ago, when I was shopping for a crank...I decided grey market
>>wasn't the way to go, so I did the only sensible thing: I ordered a Next LP, and avoided the whole
>>problem.
>>
>>Pretty much everything Barry said is right on regarding PP and Truvativ. Notice how Jenson says
>>"call for price?"
>>
>>Chris
>
>
>
> Hmmm....maybe that's why the 3 things I've bought from Jenson all had to be returned (defective).
>
> --
> Slacker
>
>

Jenson says call for price because the company won't let them advertise their prices if they're
below a certain point, but they can sell it for whatever they please. They're still within the
rules. Pricepoint doesn't seem to give a flying fsck, which is probably because they got the stuff
in a lateral pass anyway ;)

Jon Bond

> Hmmm....maybe that's why the 3 things I've bought from Jenson all had to
be returned (defective).
>
> --
> Slacker
>

I've never had a single problem with Jenson, and didn't mean to imply they were the least bit shady
- I just wanted to point out that, if they want, they can sell RaceFace chainrings for fifty cents
(for example)...they just can't advertise them at that price. They post "call us" wheras PP just
goes ahead and slaps any old price up there.

I don't think Truvativ is too happy with some of PricePoints prices. Their Stylo Team has always
been crazy cheap on PP, and helps to drive the price down at other dealers, taking away from
Truvativ's take, and any allure that a top-of-the-line crank should have.

I've ordered all kinds of stuff from Jenson and PricePoint, and never had any problems with either.

Chris

Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
>
> Slacker wrote:
>
>> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>>> TruVativ's home page carries this disclaimer:
>>>>
>>>> "Note: Pricepoint.com is not an authorized Truvativ reseller and all
>>>
>>>
>>> Truvativ
>>>
>>>> products purchased from Pricepoint.com carry NO WARRANTY."
>>>>
>>>> ??
>>>> -----------------------
>>>> PeteCresswell
>>>
>>>
>>> I brought this up about a month ago, when I was shopping for a crank...I decided grey market
>>> wasn't the way to go, so I did the only sensible thing: I ordered a Next LP, and avoided the
>>> whole problem.
>>>
>>> Pretty much everything Barry said is right on regarding PP and Truvativ. Notice how Jenson says
>>> "call for price?"
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Hmmm....maybe that's why the 3 things I've bought from Jenson all had to be returned (defective).
>>
>> --
>> Slacker
>>
>>
>
> Jenson says call for price because the company won't let them advertise their prices if they're
> below a certain point, but they can sell it for whatever they please. They're still within the
> rules. Pricepoint doesn't seem to give a flying fsck, which is probably because they got the stuff
> in a lateral pass anyway ;)
>
> Jon Bond

And, you can get Jenson's price by putting it in your shopping basket. I've had much better luck
than Slacker -- never had to return anything to them and I order quite a bit...

David

Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
>

>
> Jenson says call for price because the company won't let them advertise their prices if they're
> below a certain point, but they can sell it for whatever they please. They're still within the
> rules. Pricepoint doesn't seem to give a flying fsck, which is probably because they got the stuff
> in a lateral pass anyway ;)

That's not true. Many manufacturers have minimum retail prices, if they apply to Pricepoint, they
apply to Jenson. Manufacturers just don't have as much time to call and check prices, but believe
me, we did at Answer. If the price is listed in an ad it makes the sales manager's job all that
much easier.

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > Hmmm....maybe that's why the 3 things I've bought from Jenson all had to
> be returned (defective).
> >
> > --
> > Slacker
> >
>
> I've never had a single problem with Jenson, and didn't mean to imply they were the least bit
> shady - I just wanted to point out that, if they want, they can sell RaceFace chainrings for fifty
> cents (for example)...they just can't advertise them at that price. They post "call us" wheras PP
> just goes ahead and slaps any old price up there.
>
> I don't think Truvativ is too happy with some of PricePoints prices. Their Stylo Team has always
> been crazy cheap on PP, and helps to drive the price down at other dealers, taking away from
> Truvativ's take, and any allure that a top-of-the-line crank should have.
>
> I've ordered all kinds of stuff from Jenson and PricePoint, and never had any problems
> with either.
>
> Chris

Yeah, to be honest I can't remember anyone else having a problem with Jenson. Maybe it was just some
funky fluke thing.....they do have good customer service, great prices and never questioned
refunding my money, but I still I won't do business with them anymore; That's just too much of a
coincidence for me.
--
Slacker

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Hmmm....maybe that's why the 3 things I've bought from Jenson all had
to
> > be returned (defective).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Slacker
> > >
> >
> > I've never had a single problem with Jenson, and didn't mean to imply
they
> > were the least bit shady - I just wanted to point out that, if they
want,
> > they can sell RaceFace chainrings for fifty cents (for example)...they
just
> > can't advertise them at that price. They post "call us" wheras PP just
goes
> > ahead and slaps any old price up there.
> >
> > I don't think Truvativ is too happy with some of PricePoints prices.
Their
> > Stylo Team has always been crazy cheap on PP, and helps to drive the
price
> > down at other dealers, taking away from Truvativ's take, and any allure
that
> > a top-of-the-line crank should have.
> >
> > I've ordered all kinds of stuff from Jenson and PricePoint, and never
had
> > any problems with either.
> >
> > Chris
>
>
> Yeah, to be honest I can't remember anyone else having a problem with
Jenson. Maybe it was just some funky fluke thing.....they do
> have good customer service, great prices and never questioned refunding my
money, but I still I won't do business with them anymore;
> That's just too much of a coincidence for me.
> --
> Slacker
>
>
Gotta put in a good word for PP. Returned several items, mostly because it was not what I wanted,
and they have always been easy to deal with.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.