What is it with Giant?

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 01:06:08 +1100, TimC wrote:

> Gosh, that's brave of the shop to go lending out a bike to someone who
> can't descend!

Not really. They'd made it clear that they weren't going to give him a
refund, so they didn't care whether he crashed the Giant or the Bianchi :)

On 2006-10-26, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

> Bleve wrote:
>> Damian wrote:
>> >
>> > If Bleve owned a 4 Giants instead of 4 Treks, we'd probably be having
>> > this same thread with different names :)

>> No way! I'd be sure to see reason :)

> Bleve, you've earned yourself a spray!
> http://www.spinopsys.com/archives/682

That's fantastic.

I thought ratdog was a little.... defensive. I was wondering which
part of the giant industry he was from -- PR?

--
TimC
"I will never let my schooling get in the way of my education." --Mark Twain

On 2006-10-26, Harng Goh (aka Bruce)
> dtmeister wrote:

>> > haha...holy cr/\p, that was a quite a tirade...

>> Yeah....Methinks he doth protest too much. It was so over the top, you
>> have to wonder why he got so upset....arguing one brand over another
>> happens in every industry all the time - especially the bike industry.
>> You go in and ask about a brand they don't carry, and some will quickly
>> tell you why the brand you want isn't as good as the one they carry. You
>> learn to take these opinions with a grain of salt.
>>
>> So why he's making such a fuss...?

> He "demands a correction" to an opinion? I've gathered that Bleve is a
> Trek fanboy ;) so I take whatever he has to say with a grain of salt,
> same as anything that anyone would read in a public forum like a.b.

Oi! a.b is always the truth! You can't handle the truth?!

--
TimC
Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is steep, but at least you

PiledHigher wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
>> Damian wrote:
>>> If Bleve owned a 4 Giants instead of 4 Treks, we'd probably be having
>>> this same thread with different names :)

>> No way! I'd be sure to see reason :)

> Bleve, you've earned yourself a spray!
> http://www.spinopsys.com/archives/682

Generally when the only tack in a post is to personally attack the
poster and not the message, the opinion's not worth a snowball in hell.
--
Cheers
Euan

Kind of an old thread here...actually I recently bought a Composite O at a marked down $2,900. Great deal IMO..apparently Giant doing its every two year model revisions so the new version of this is called an Advance Composite at $4,000+. Very happy with the bike, but considering getting the Giant Neos Pro+ computer, any one with experience of this device?