What is low carb I can take for lunch

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Don, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I bring my lunch to work every day. What can I bring to lunch that is low carb? What can I eat for
    breakfast that is low carb?

    I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.

    Tags:

  2. Susan

    Susan Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    (Don) writes:

    >I bring my lunch to work every day. What can I bring to lunch that is low carb? What can I eat for
    >breakfast that is low carb?
    >
    >I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.

    A sensible dinner would be low carb, too, IMO.

    You need to buy a low carb book and do some of your own homework.

    I suggest Protein Power, by the Eades. It has meal plans and recipes in it.

    Susan

  3. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    [email protected] (Don) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I bring my lunch to work every day. What can I bring to lunch that is low carb? What can I eat for
    > breakfast that is low carb?
    >
    > I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.

    Subs or sandwiches with 3-4 oz of meat on whole wheat bread are fairly well balanced. At least
    according to the Zone diet.

    TC

  4. Ben A. Green

    Ben A. Green Guest

    Cheddar cheese, hardboiled eggs, lunch meat, sardines.

    No artifical crabmeat, though. According to the labels it is very high in carbs.

    "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I bring my lunch to work every day. What can I bring to lunch that is low carb? What can I eat for
    > breakfast that is low carb?
    >
    > I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.

  5. Philippic

    Philippic Guest

    "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:e647cf2.0309300445.2339e799

    > What can I bring to lunch that is low carb?

    All meat; all fowl; all fish; all eggs, all cheese, for a start.

    > What can I eat for breakfast that is low carb?

    All meat; all fowl; all fish; all eggs, all cheese, for a start.

    > I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.

    'Sensible' meaning what, exactly? That you want the worst of all possible dietary worlds by getting
    an unrestricted fat intake *as well as* a high-carb one? Fantastic combination. Just don't start
    reading any long novels....

    In my universe, 'sensible' would mean such things as not planning to eat 'low carb' until you've
    actually read a friggin' book on the subject. But don't let me spoil your fun.

    Ph.

  6. Philippic wrote:

    > "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:e647cf2.0309300445.2339e799
    >
    > > What can I bring to lunch that is low carb?
    >
    > All meat; all fowl; all fish; all eggs, all cheese, for a start.
    >
    > > What can I eat for breakfast that is low carb?
    >
    > All meat; all fowl; all fish; all eggs, all cheese, for a start.
    >

    > > I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.
    >
    > 'Sensible' meaning what, exactly? That you want the worst of all possible dietary worlds by
    > getting an unrestricted fat intake *as well as* a high-carb one? Fantastic combination. Just don't
    > start reading any long novels....
    >
    > In my universe, 'sensible' would mean such things as not planning to eat 'low carb' until you've
    > actually read a friggin' book on the subject. But don't let me spoil your fun.
    >
    > Ph.

    This LOW Carb thing is B.S. IF one puts starch in its proper place, it is NOT considered a "carb"
    THREE groups NOT TWO. Protein, Starch, and Carb's which are better called VEGGIES. Protein AND
    Veggies go together. Also

    Veggies can go with Starch such as the poisoness Potato! Pasta Primavera can be delicious ( Past
    avec les Vegetables..steamed) MEAT with STARCHES is a NO NO!! AN Hamburger a day will lay you
    away--pronto...B-0b1

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Don wrote:
    > I bring my lunch to work every day. What can I bring to lunch that is low carb?

    a big fat sausage

    > What can I eat for breakfast that is low carb?

    a cup of sunflower oil

    > I am thinking of eating low carb for breakfast, lunch and then a sensible dinner.

    and what are you trying to accomplish with that?