What is most important to you when considering a bicycle cleaner

lifit

Sep 29, 2006
Hey Guys

I was wondering what is most important to you guys when considering a bicycle cleaner and a bicycle degreaser? Check out the poll questions:

Cant wait for your answers. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

As I am sure is the case with most of you I would rather be riding my bike than cleaning my bike. So for me, I look for something that is easy to use.

A pressure washer will take all the **** right off your bike easily. Even without a pressure washer it shouldn't be too hard to spray the dirt and oil off. I don't know how clean you want it but I've never bothered with any official cleaners or whatever, I just clean it with water, then use paper towels to wipe the nasty stuff off.

Originally Posted by JoelTGM .

A pressure washer will take all the **** right off your bike easily. Even without a pressure washer it shouldn't be too hard to spray the dirt and oil off. I don't know how clean you want it but I've never bothered with any official cleaners or whatever, I just clean it with water, then use paper towels to wipe the nasty stuff off.
The problem with a pressure washer or any high pressure spraying is that it is too easy to force water into your bearings, yes, even sealed bearings. And then the rust begins.

Reactions: steve
I use water and toels on mine as well, but I also use a citrus cleaner to get grease off. I find it gets the grease off realy easily and is not toxic to your health.