What Is **** Sapiens' Place in Nature, from an Objective (Biocentric) Point of View?

On 31 Aug 2006 16:34:02 GMT, Chris Foster <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:59:00 -0500, arachnid
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Home Sapiens is the universe's way of creating more Usenet trolls.

>> Define "troll".
>> ===

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an
established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts
inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed
intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt
the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling
others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock
puppets."

That's not me. But it DOES resemble A LOT of mountain bikers.

>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you
>> are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

On 31 Aug 2006 16:46:49 GMT, Chris Foster <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:16:49 GMT, Jason <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>Here little one, seeing as you are incapable of doing a simple search
>>>once again someone else does the research for you:
>>>
>>>A troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an
>>>online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or
>>>offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the
>>>existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.

>> Obviously, that's not what I do. I just tell the truth, and that is
>> what mountain bikers find annoying. If I just wanted to be annoying, I
>> could easily. But it would be a waste of my time, whereas TELLING THE
>> TRUTH is NEVER a waste of time. In fact, it needs to be done, to
>> protect people and wildlife from abuses like mountain biking.
>>

> Mike, you don't tell the TRUTH, what you do is voice your OPINION.
>I am NOT a mountain biker, but yet I do find you a little annoying at
>times, mainly I find your little cause to be pathetic.
>
> Let's assume for the moment that your assertion is correct, that
>people and wildlife need protecting from the mountain biker (which BTW, I
>feel is incorrect). The amount of actual damage inflicted upon people
>and wildlife by off-road cycling is EXTREAMLY MINIMAL compared to
>wholesale destruction cause by cities expanding, from global warming,
>from acid rain and the like. The wildlife would be better served if you
>fought the big important battles. I am not excusing anybody from doing
>anything. But please, spend your time more wisely.
>
> Realizing the difference between your OPINION and the TRUTH is
>something you have yet to learn.

I just tell the truth -- something you should try some time. By your
logic, the police should ignore all "minor" crimes, and only deal with
murder. You make no sense whatsoever, as well as being 100% ignorant
of the subject.

On 31 Aug 2006 15:46:51 -0700, "CanopyCo" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> What Is **** Sapiens' Place in Nature,
>> From an Objective (Biocentric) Point of View?
>> Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D.
>> July 4, 2002
>>
>> "For hundreds of millenia, evolving humanity was a native species ... in
>> Africa and Asia. ... The modern Races of **** sapiens were a true alien
>> species when they colonized the rest of the world, from Australia to
>> the New World and finally the distant oceanic islands." E.O. Wilson,
>> p.98.
>>

>This is all true IMHO, but there is likely little that one can do about
>it.

We have to try. NOT to try is immoral. Let's start talking about
it....

>Humans are mostly to self absorbed to actually be able to step aside
>and look at humanity from an outside point of view.
>
>Once one looks at humans with the same eye as they do something like
>monkeys, they see all sorts of things that humans do not want to admit.
>
>Religion is a big influence in this situation.
>It not only justifies separating us from the rest of the animals, but
>also makes it punishable to think otherwise.
>Blaspheme!!!!
>
>As to a reserve where humans are not allowed, I am all for it.
>But getting funding for some place that cannot be used by those paying
>for it will be difficult.

Much land is already set aside and protected. All we need is a simple
declaration that certain portions will be off-limits to everyone. For
example, the Northwest Hawaian Islands are off-limits to everyone but
biologists and a few land managers. It is a short step to close them
completely. I set aside a portion of my back yard for 15 years as
human-free habitat. Others have done likewise.

>Personally, I see value in it as a location for keeping the animals
>that I want to see when they wander outside that area to the one that
>adjoins it where I can go.
>After all, most animals do not fair well where humans can go see them.

True.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande