What is the best goo to use in bicylce tires?

John Smith

Guest
I have some large cross section Tufos that I use in the winter and have been
told that Stan's is better then the Tufo sealant to prevent flats. I also
have seen the claims on the bottle of bicycle tube goo in the bicycle
section of Wallmart which say they can fill up to a 4mm puncture.

This set me to wondering what is the best sort of goo to use for which
applicaitons and what the relitive advantages/disadvantages are?

So far I am thinking only about Stan's, Tufo and Slime.

Any input would be helpful!

Thanks.

Dave

> This set me to wondering what is the best sort of goo to use for which
> applicaitons and what the relitive advantages/disadvantages are?

I have had the Tufo stuff freze at very low tempratures, not sure about
stans or Slime...

On Jan 21, 7:58 am, "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have some large cross section Tufos that I use in the winter and have been
> told that Stan's is better then the Tufo sealant to prevent flats. I also
> have seen the claims on the bottle of bicycle tube goo in the bicycle
> section of Wallmart which say they can fill up to a 4mm puncture.
>
> This set me to wondering what is the best sort of goo to use for which
> applicaitons and what the relitive advantages/disadvantages are?
>
> So far I am thinking only about Stan's, Tufo and Slime.

I have used Stan's and Slime and between those 2 Stan's is superior.
It has latex crystals in it that repair larger holes than slime which
is thin in comparison. Another tip is to use continental tubes that
have presta style removable valve cores so you can easily inject the
sealant.
Cheers Patrick