What is the best place in the U.S. for a cyclist to live?

shane_riddell said:
I live in Jonesborough TN about 60 miles north of Asheville NC, smack in the middle of Appalacia. There are several mountiain climbs within 40 miles of my house climbs up over 5000 ft asl. Alot less traffic here then in Asheville. Homes average around 160k for 1600 sqft to about 2500 sq ft. We built our house about 8 years ago its 2200 sq ft for 95k., would be a little more expensive now to build but not too much more. Jobs dont pay as much as larger metro areas but then again cost of living is really cheap so i guess it all averages out. Temp in the winter can dip down to below freezing for the highs but that is really a cold snap and only last for a few days, its not uncommon to have temps in the 60's pushing 70 in jan also. I ride all year round with no problems. I wont go riding if the temp is below 20 degrees (this hardly ever happens) It really is a great area to ride.

That's historic Jonesborough.

This is where I work and what I saw out my office window this morning. Many cyclist like to climb the road to our parking lot.It's a lung buster.

jhuskey said:
This is where I work and what I saw out my office window this morning. Many cyclist like to climb the road to our parking lot.It's a lung buster.
Is that Ober? Or maybe Catalochee?

Yeah where is the best place to live? This topic could be an article, book, or video. If your life revolves around biking. Its something to consider. All these places sound good.