What is the best single speed you can buy with $2,000?

Lobo Tommy

Guest
Subject says all. What would all the components be to build
a pretty damn fine single speed for $2,000.

Priorities:

29" wheels disc brakes super strong steel frame no
suspension puncture resistant tires and tubes built for
durability - weight be damned - 40lbs? ok!

Lobo Tommy wrote:
> Subject says all. What would all the components be to
> build a pretty damn fine single speed for $2,000.
>
> Priorities:
>
> 29" wheels

Why? So you can be cool and limited with your choice of
tires?

> disc brakes super strong steel frame no suspension
> puncture resistant tires and tubes

Hardly a problem just for single speeds.

> built for durability - weight be damned - 40lbs? ok!

Ok!

Greg

"Lobo Tommy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Subject says all. What would all the components be to
> build a pretty damn fine single speed for $2,000.
>
> Priorities:
>
> 29" wheels disc brakes super strong steel frame no
> suspension puncture resistant tires and tubes built for
> durability - weight be damned - 40lbs? ok!

Build up a Surly Karate Monkey with whatever components you
want, and keep the change. Strong, sweet, it'll be all
yours, and you won't have to spend $2000.

Chris

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Lobo Tommy wrote:
> > Subject says all. What would all the components be to
> > build a pretty damn fine single speed for $2,000.
> >
> > Priorities:
> >
> > 29" wheels
>
> Why? So you can be cool and limited with your choice
> of tires?

That sounds about right.

> > disc brakes super strong steel frame no suspension
> > puncture resistant tires and tubes
>
> Hardly a problem just for single speeds.

But, a problem for those who don't care to research on
their own.

> > built for durability - weight be damned - 40lbs? ok!

Ridiculous. My singlespeed weighs in at 23 lbs and is as
tough as nails.

JD

Super Slinky <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I think the OP could build a custom SS with mostly the
> best of everything for $2000.

It all starts with the frame though and a custom frame is
going to take about a grand of that.

JD

JD wrote:

> Super Slinky <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I think the OP could build a custom SS with mostly the
>>best of everything for $2000.
>

> It all starts with the frame though and a custom frame is
> going to take about a grand of that.
>
> JD

Yeah, but a well-spent grand.

miles

miles todd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
>
> > Super Slinky <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>I think the OP could build a custom SS with mostly the
> >>best of everything for $2000.
> >

> > It all starts with the frame though and a custom frame
> > is going to take about a grand of that.
> >
> > JD
>
> Yeah, but a well-spent grand.
>
> miles