What is the best way to carry a LWB in a truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sj

I have a Tour Easy and a Tail Wind. I just bought a full size Chevy truck with extended cab and
regular bed and need advice on the best ways to set it up for carrying the bikes. Thanks, Steve

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I have a Tour Easy and a Tail Wind. I just bought a full size Chevy truck with extended cab and
> regular bed and need advice on the best ways to set it up for carrying the bikes. Thanks, Steve

The best bike solution that I have found is to use motorcycle tie- downs. put the bike(s) in with
the rear wheel toward the cab and Strap the tie-downs to the headtube and cinch tight. Two bikes can
go side by side with two sets of tie-downs attached to the corner tiedown rings. You may need an
additional tie-down to the front to keep the front wheel from bouncing. In any case, you will need
to remove the fairing if you have one, unless you have a camper top. If your bed is shorter than the
LWB, you make have to drop the gate or go from corner to corner or trade the truck for a Mini-Van.
(A tour Easy will fit inside a Toyota Sienna with room for a Tailwind too.).
--
Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -

The bikes shouldn't be carried, they should be ridden ;-)

"sj" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Tour Easy and a Tail Wind. I just bought a full size Chevy truck with extended cab and
> regular bed
and
> need advice on the best ways to set it up for carrying the bikes. Thanks, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.