What is the best way to carry a LWB in a truck?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Sj, Mar 30, 2003.

  1. Sj

    Sj Guest

    I have a Tour Easy and a Tail Wind. I just bought a full size Chevy truck with extended cab and
    regular bed and need advice on the best ways to set it up for carrying the bikes. Thanks, Steve

    > I have a Tour Easy and a Tail Wind. I just bought a full size Chevy truck with extended cab and
    > regular bed and need advice on the best ways to set it up for carrying the bikes. Thanks, Steve

    The best bike solution that I have found is to use motorcycle tie- downs. put the bike(s) in with
    the rear wheel toward the cab and Strap the tie-downs to the headtube and cinch tight. Two bikes can
    go side by side with two sets of tie-downs attached to the corner tiedown rings. You may need an
    additional tie-down to the front to keep the front wheel from bouncing. In any case, you will need
    to remove the fairing if you have one, unless you have a camper top. If your bed is shorter than the
    LWB, you make have to drop the gate or go from corner to corner or trade the truck for a Mini-Van.
    (A tour Easy will fit inside a Toyota Sienna with room for a Tailwind too.).
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. The bikes shouldn't be carried, they should be ridden ;-)