What is the cheapest price for a good new bike?

Last bike I bought was a women's standard model for $150 or whatever the price was at WM that day. I just needed something because my motor vehicle was in the shop so much and I had to get to work. It didn't truly fit me, I didn't get advice on how to properly care for it and didn't have a group of fellow bicyclists to get advice from. That was ten years ago. Today, I would say go for the sale at your local bike shop. Ask their advice. Get the tools and things you need to properly care for your bike for optimum performance and lifespan. Don't skimp on safety. And absolutely get this group's advice. They know what they're talking about.

Reactions: pwarbi
The cheapest price for a new and strong beak is minimum 500$ but if you can give any more info about your actual budget than I can give you more accurate answer. But 500$ is a fairly lowest price for a new bike. All the best.:)

If you want to get a nice bicycle for a cheap you should look in Goodwill. That place has bicycles for $30-$50 each. The bikes in the store are very reasonable and reliable. I would look for a mountain bike to get your self started.

It depends on what your intentions are when you want to buy a bike. If you are a daily commuter then buying a good bike will serve you well as supposed to buying a bike just for running errands. As a majority of people said here, bikes from craigslist will be your best bet. If you are looking to find a nice sturdy strong bike then for sure you can't find one for ~500. You may need to spend a bit but trust me it's worth it in the long run.