What is the cure for tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Francispoon, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?

    Thanks,

    FP

    Tags:

  2. Mxsmanic

    Mxsmanic Guest

    francispoon writes:

    > Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?

    Tinnitus is just a symptom. The cure, when there is one, depends on the cause.

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 6:31:00 -0500, francispoon wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > FP

    I don't think there is a cure. I have suffered from it ever since I was a teenager from shooting
    rats in the dump without ear protection. Once those little hairs in your ear are broken, they don't
    repair themselves.

    --
    God's Other Humble Servant

    Steve

  4. Jim Chinnis

    Jim Chinnis Guest

    [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in part:

    >Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >FP

    There are cures and near-perfect treatments for only a few unusual kinds of tinnitus. You can
    discuss your situation and treatments at alt.support.tinnitus
    --
    Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA

  5. Mfg

    Mfg Guest

    [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > FP

    Are you taking a cholesterol lowering medication in the STATINS class? Statins can cause tinnitus.
    Read the side effect under "special senses" below, if you are taking lipitor, or any statin. This
    does not guarantee that is the cause in you, but it is something to consider. Many medications can
    cause tinnitus. Check the side effects list for every drug you are taking at www.rxlist.com. Check
    also for the side effects of every supplement you are taking. Also ask your doctor if a short course
    of decongestantd would help you. But with your other health problems (shown on a search on your
    other posts) you should not do this without your doctor's approval. If your tinnitus is complicated
    by congestion due to mechanical problems in your sinuses, eustachian tube or ear, or by allergies,
    this may be your solution. For all actions, check with a physician. MFG

    Side Effects of Lipitor in Laymen's Terms

    ADVERSE REACTIONS TO LIPITOR

    This is a summary of information taken from Pfizer's Lipitor advertisements, translated where
    necessary into laymen's terms. It describes the adverse reactions (i.e. side effects) noted in
    controlled clinical studies of 2,502 patients. The side effects are grouped by systems within the
    body. The side effects marked with a ** occurred in 2% or more of the patients. The side effects
    without a ** occurred in less than 2% of the patients. Where needed, definitions of the medical
    terms were taken from Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. Any errors are unintentional and my
    own. I hope you find this information helpful!

    BODY AS A WHOLE: · ** Chest pain · Face edema: Swelling of the face · Fever · Neck rigidity:
    Stiffness of the neck · Malaise: A vague feeling of body discomfort · Photosensitivity reaction:
    Sensitivity to light · Generalized edema: Swelling of the body

    DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: · ** Nausea · Gastroenteritis: Inflammation of the stomach and intestines ·
    Abnormal liver function tests · Colitis: Inflammation of the colon or large intestine · Vomiting ·
    Gastritis: Inflammation of the stomach · Dry mouth · Rectal hemorrhage: Heavy bleeding from the
    rectum · Esophagitis: Inflammation of the esophagus · Eructation: Belching, burping · Glossitis:
    Inflammation of the tongue · Mouth ulceration: Ulcers of the mouth · Anorexia: Lack of appetite for
    food · Increased appetite · Stomatitis: Inflammation of the lining of the mouth · Biliary pain:
    Gallbladder pain · Cheilitis: Inflammation on the lips · Duodenal ulcer · Dysphagia: Impaired speech
    · Enteritis: Inflammation of the small intestine · Melena: Bloody stools or vomit · Gum hemorrhage:
    Heavy bleeding of the gums · Stomach ulcer · Tenesmus: Staining during bowel movements or urination
    · Ulcerative stomatitis: Ulcers within the lining of the mouth · Hepatitis: Inflammation of the
    liver · Pancreatitis: Inflammation of the pancreas · Cholestatic jaundice: Yellowing of the skin due
    to a stoppage in the flow of bile

    RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: · ** Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchial tubes of the lungs · ** Rhinitis:
    Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose · Pneumonia: Inflammation of the lungs · Dyspnea:
    Difficulty breathing · Asthma: Wheezing or coughing attacks · Epistaxis: Nosebleeds

    NERVOUS SYSTEM: · ** Insomnia · ** Dizziness · Paresthesia: Burning or prickling sensations ·
    Somnolence: Sleepiness, unnatural drowsiness · Amnesia · Abnormal dreams · Decreased libido ·
    Emotional lability: Emotional instability · Incoordination · Peripheral neuropathy: Disturbances in
    the peripheral nervous system · Torticollis: Twisting of the neck · Facial paralysis · Hyperkinesia:
    Abnormally increased muscle activity · Depression · Hypesthesia: Decreased sensitivity of the skin
    or senses · Hypertonia: Excessive tone, tension or activity; high blood pressure

    MUSCLES AND SKELETAL SYSTEM: · ** Arthritis · Leg cramps · Bursitis: Inflammation of the bursa
    (fluid filled sacs throughout the body) · Tenosynovitis: Inflammation of a tendon sheath ·
    Myasthenia: Muscle fatigue, weakness, loss of muscle tone · Tendinous contracture: Contraction of
    tendons · Myositis: Inflammation of a voluntary muscle

    SKIN, ARMS AND LEGS: · Pruritus: Itching · Contact dermatitis: Inflammation of the skin caused by an
    allergic reaction to contact with a chemical, animal or vegetable substance · Alopecia: Hair loss ·
    Dry skin · Sweating · Acne · Urticaria: Rash with severe itching · Eczema: Inflammation, itching,
    scabbing and burning of the skin · Seborrhea: White discharge from the sebaceous glands · Skin ulcer

    UROGENITAL SYSTEM: · ** Urinary tract infection · Urinary frequency · Cystitis: Inflammation of the
    bladder · Hematuria: Blood in the urine · Impotence · Dysuria: Painful or difficult urination ·
    Kidney calculus: Kidney stones · Nocturia: Excessive urination at night · Epididymitis: Inflammation
    within the testicles · Fibrocystic breast: Fibrous lumps in the breast · Vaginal hemorrhage ·
    Albuminuria: Albumin (a protein) in the urine · Breast enlargement · Metrorrhagia: Intermittent
    uterine bleeding throughout the month · Nephritis: Inflammation and degeneration of the kidneys ·
    Urinary incontinence · Urinary retention · Urinary urgency · Abnormal ejaculation · Uterine
    hemorrhage

    SPECIAL SENSES: · Amblyopia: Dimness of vision · Tinnitus: Ringing or buzzing in the ears · Dry eyes
    · Refraction disorder · Eye hemorrhage: Bleeding within the eye · Deafness · Glaucoma: Elevated
    pressure within the eye · Parosmia: Changes in the sense of smell · Loss of taste · Taste
    perversion: Changes in the sense of taste

    CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM: · Palpitation: Rapid heartbeats that you can feel · Vasodilatation: Dilation
    of the blood vessels · Syncope: Sudden loss of strength or fainting · Migraine · Postural
    hypotension: Low blood pressure caused by changing position too quickly · Phlebitis: Inflammation of
    the veins · Arrhythmia: Abnormal heart rhythm · Angina Pectoris: Chest pain and a feeling of
    suffocation and impending death · Hypertension: High blood pressure

    METABOLIC AND NUTRITIONAL DISORDERS: · ** Peripheral edema: Swelling in the hands and feet ·
    Hyperglycemia: High blood sugar levels · Increased Creatine Phosphokinase: Enzyme released due to
    damage of the muscles of the heart, body and brain · Gout: Excessive amounts of uric acid in the
    blood causing painful joints · Weight gain · Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar levels

    BLOOD AND LYMPHATIC SYSTEMS: · Ecchymosis: Abnormal bruising · Anemia: Reduction in the number of
    red blood cells · Lymphadenopathy: Disease of the lymph nodes · Thrombocytopenia: Reduction in the
    number of blood platelets · Petechia: A small, round, purplish red spot on the skin, caused by
    bleeding under the skin, which later turns blue or yellow

    ADVERSE EVENTS REPORTED AFTER LIPITOR WAS FIRST INTRODUCED: · Anaphylaxis: An unusual reaction to a
    foreign substance in the body; an antigen-antibody reaction · Angioneurotic edema: Swelling in the
    deep layers of the skin, including swelling of the lips, eyelids and tongue · Bullous rashes: A rash
    with blisters · Erythema Multiforme: Vivid red lesions on the skin · Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: A
    disorder of the skin, with fever and lesions of the mucous membranes of the mouth, anus, penis, etc.
    · Toxic Epidermal Necrosis: Poisoning of the skin, leading to tissue death · Rhabdomyolysis:
    Disintegration of muscles, leading to excretion of myoglobin in the urine; severe cases can lead to
    kidney failure

  6. mfg <[email protected]> wrote:
    : [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message
    : news:<[email protected]>...
    :> Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?
    :>
    :> Thanks,
    :>
    :> FP

    : Are you taking a cholesterol lowering medication in the STATINS class? Statins can cause tinnitus.
    : Read the side effect under "special senses" below, if you are taking lipitor, or any statin. This
    : does not guarantee that is the cause in you, but it is something to consider. Many medications can
    : cause tinnitus.

    As an aside, aspirin can cause tinnitus. It's an anion gap thing.

    Emma

  7. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon writes:
    >
    > > Please, what is the cure for tinnitus? Can it be forever controlled?
    >
    > Tinnitus is just a symptom. The cure, when there is one, depends on the cause.

    I have tinnitus and it does not go away without medicine. And the medicine is meant to enrich my
    kidney. The latter is a herbalist philosophy which most doctors trained in western medical science
    either disagree or have no opinion. I am fortunate to be in a position where I could consult both
    kinds of doctors and pick their brains.

    FP

  8. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Thank you for the reply. I am taking Zestril which I took many years ago with only the side effect
    of a hindered erection. Aside from that, it is OK.

    The less drug you take, the better off you are. But we do need drugs for many illnesses.

    MODERNATION IS THE KEY! HAVE A LIGHT DRINK!

    FP

    [email protected] (mfg) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]
    > number of blood platelets · Petechia: A small, round, purplish red spot on the skin, caused by
    > bleeding under the skin, which later turns blue or yellow
    >
    > ADVERSE EVENTS REPORTED AFTER LIPITOR WAS FIRST INTRODUCED: · Anaphylaxis: An unusual reaction to
    > a foreign substance in the body; an antigen-antibody reaction · Angioneurotic edema: Swelling in
    > the deep layers of the skin, including swelling of the lips, eyelids and tongue · Bullous rashes:
    > A rash with blisters · Erythema Multiforme: Vivid red lesions on the skin · Stevens-Johnson
    > Syndrome: A disorder of the skin, with fever and lesions of the mucous membranes of the mouth,
    > anus, penis, etc. · Toxic Epidermal Necrosis: Poisoning of the skin, leading to tissue death ·
    > Rhabdomyolysis: Disintegration of muscles, leading to excretion of myoglobin in the urine; severe

  9. Mxsmanic

    Mxsmanic Guest

    francispoon writes:

    > does not go away without medicine.

    This is possibly suggestive of a cardiovascular cause, e.g., hypertension.

    > And the medicine is meant to enrich my kidney.

    Enrich?

  10. Greenknees

    Greenknees Guest

    Mine stopped when I stopped taking that darn "asprin a day".
    T.

  11. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon writes:
    >

    > > does not go away without medicine.
    >
    > This is possibly suggestive of a cardiovascular cause, e.g., hypertension.

    But mine is currently under control. It is under control by taking medication twice a day. I wonder
    if there is something to do with it.

    I take 10mg of Zestril and One tablet of Lodoz in the morning and then at around 2pm, i take another
    25 mg of a short-lived betalog. By two o'clock in the morning, the ringing wakes me up. I wonder if
    this has something to do with the expiration of the short-lived betalog. However, my blood pressure
    at 5pm or 3 hours after taking the second pill, the reading is 125/75. Even the doctor suggests me
    to drop the second pill or that 25 mg betalog. But without that, my blood pressure could reach as
    high as 160/100 by 3pm. The doctor says it is my 'psychological dependence'. I am trying to trim my
    second medication bit by bit and see how it goes.

    > > And the medicine is meant to enrich my kidney.
    >
    > Enrich?

    Yes, enrich. According to the herbalist philosophy, a weak kidney is what gives rise to tinnitus.

    Rdg.,

    FP

  12. Dr Chaos

    Dr Chaos Guest

    On 10 Dec 2003 18:32:50 -0800, francispoon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> francispoon writes:
    >>

    >> > does not go away without medicine.
    >>
    >> This is possibly suggestive of a cardiovascular cause, e.g., hypertension.
    >
    > But mine is currently under control. It is under control by taking medication twice a day. I
    > wonder if there is something to do with it.
    >
    > I take 10mg of Zestril and One tablet of Lodoz in the morning and then at around 2pm, i take
    > another 25 mg of a short-lived betalog. By two o'clock in the morning, the ringing wakes me up. I
    > wonder if this has something to do with the expiration of the short-lived betalog. However, my
    > blood pressure at 5pm or 3 hours after taking the second pill, the reading is 125/75. Even the
    > doctor suggests me to drop the second pill or that 25 mg betalog. But without that, my blood
    > pressure could reach as high as 160/100 by 3pm. The doctor says it is my 'psychological
    > dependence'. I am trying to trim my second medication bit by bit and see how it goes.
    >

    >> > And the medicine is meant to enrich my kidney.
    >>
    >> Enrich?
    >
    > Yes, enrich. According to the herbalist philosophy, a weak kidney is what gives rise to tinnitus.

    perhaps if you have renal problems in concert with hypertension

  13. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Dr Chaos <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 10 Dec 2003 18:32:50 -0800, francispoon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > >> This is possibly suggestive of a cardiovascular cause, e.g., hypertension.
    > >
    > > But mine is currently under control. It is under control by taking medication twice a day. I
    > > wonder if there is something to do with it.
    > >
    > > I take 10mg of Zestril and One tablet of Lodoz in the morning and then at around 2pm, i take
    > > another 25 mg of a short-lived betalog. By two o'clock in the morning, the ringing wakes me up.
    > > I wonder if this has something to do with the expiration of the short-lived betalog. However, my
    > > blood pressure at 5pm or 3 hours after taking the second pill, the reading is 125/75. Even the
    > > doctor suggests me to drop the second pill or that 25 mg betalog. But without that, my blood
    > > pressure could reach as high as 160/100 by 3pm. The doctor says it is my 'psychological
    > > dependence'. I am trying to trim my second medication bit by bit and see how it goes.

    > >> Enrich?
    > >
    > > Yes, enrich. According to the herbalist philosophy, a weak kidney is what gives rise to
    > > tinnitus.
    >
    > perhaps if you have renal problems in concert with hypertension

    Perhaps...but the dilemma does not end right there. My herbalist doctor has a way to stop the
    ringing in my brain 'right away' but in doing so elevating my blood pressure. Those herbs that are
    meant to stop tinnitus increase the manufacturing of hormone, making a man want

    is quite acceptable for people with low blood pressuure. Thus I am wondering if some people were
    born with high blood pressure for reasons that we with our limited knowledge of our body don't
    really understand.

    If you know of any pills in the west that could increase the manufacture of hormone without raising
    your blood pressure, please let me know. There are natural ways, of course. Try a can of dark
    guinnese stout everyday and you will notice the difference. The whole herbalist philosophy is this:
    if the kidney could be nourished well, the other parts of the body would follow suit to be well.

    I am having a cough lately and therefore cannot drink cool beer. But the moment when this is over, I
    will have a can of dark guiennese stout daily. Currently, i am drinking a wine that helps nourish
    the kidney. But that is a slow process.

    By the way, the Chinese herbalist believe tinnitus is curable the moment when your kidney is brought
    back to its normal level. The buzzing in your brain or ear represents a signal to you to do
    something about your body. And the starting point in repairing your body is the kidney.

    FP

  14. Louise

    Louise Guest

    In article <936eaee8.0312101832.218bfef2 @posting.google.com>, fyfpo[email protected] says...
    > Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > francispoon writes:
    > >

    > > > does not go away without medicine.
    > >
    > > This is possibly suggestive of a cardiovascular cause, e.g., hypertension.
    >
    > But mine is currently under control. It is under control by taking medication twice a day. I
    > wonder if there is something to do with it.
    >
    > I take 10mg of Zestril and One tablet of Lodoz in the morning and then at around 2pm, i take
    > another 25 mg of a short-lived betalog. By two o'clock in the morning, the ringing wakes me up. I
    > wonder if this has something to do with the expiration of the short-lived betalog. However, my
    > blood pressure at 5pm or 3 hours after taking the second pill, the reading is 125/75. Even the
    > doctor suggests me to drop the second pill or that 25 mg betalog. But without that, my blood
    > pressure could reach as high as 160/100 by 3pm. The doctor says it is my 'psychological
    > dependence'. I am trying to trim my second medication bit by bit and see how it goes.
    >

    > > > And the medicine is meant to enrich my kidney.
    > >
    > > Enrich?
    >
    > Yes, enrich. According to the herbalist philosophy, a weak kidney is what gives rise to tinnitus.
    >
    > Rdg.,
    >
    > FP

    I have found a definite correlation with marked changes in weather patterns, perhaps in barometric
    pressure. I can litterly be sitting in a room and suddenly feel "something" in my head - something I
    guess I would have to call a "pressure change" and then the ringing starts. Often it will go on for
    a day or two, the weather will change again, and the ringing will radically subside - occasionally
    even go away.

    I've just recently gotten proper medical attention for HBP and have started on Lasix. This seems to
    be reducing the frequency with which I suffer from Tinnitus although I'm not sure why.

    I do know that occasionally, when I'm very upset, my ears will start ringing like crazy (and I
    assume my blood pressure also rises). But the correlation is unreliable and probably wouldn't be
    statistically significant; but do we always "know" when we're upset?

    Any thoughts?
    --
    Louise

  15. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Louise <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <936eaee8.0312101832.218bfef2 @posting.google.com>, [email protected] says...
    > > Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > This is possibly suggestive of a cardiovascular cause, e.g., hypertension.
    > >
    > > But mine is currently under control. It is under control by taking medication twice a day. I
    > > wonder if there is something to do with it.
    > >
    > > I take 10mg of Zestril and One tablet of Lodoz in the morning and then at around 2pm, i take
    > > another 25 mg of a short-lived betalog. By two o'clock in the morning, the ringing wakes me up.
    > > I wonder if this has something to do with the expiration of the short-lived betalog. However, my
    > > blood pressure at 5pm or 3 hours after taking the second pill, the reading is 125/75. Even the
    > > doctor suggests me to drop the second pill or that 25 mg betalog. But without that, my blood
    > > pressure could reach as high as 160/100 by 3pm. The doctor says it is my 'psychological
    > > dependence'. I am trying to trim my second medication bit by bit and see how it goes.

    > > > Enrich?
    > >
    > > Yes, enrich. According to the herbalist philosophy, a weak kidney is what gives rise to
    > > tinnitus.
    > >
    > > Rdg.,
    > >
    > > FP
    > >
    > I have found a definite correlation with marked changes in weather patterns, perhaps in barometric
    > pressure. I can litterly be sitting in a room and suddenly feel "something" in my head - something
    > I guess I would have to call a "pressure change" and then the ringing starts. Often it will go on
    > for a day or two, the weather will change again, and the ringing will radically subside -
    > occasionally even go away.

    I think the relationship may be more CAUSAL than CORRELATIONAL. I read somewhere that the depletion
    of vitamin B1 could lead to the mal-functioning of our central nervous system. Perhaps if you could
    take some vitamin B1 under a doctor's advice, you could find this out for yourself.

    > I've just recently gotten proper medical attention for HBP and have started on Lasix. This seems
    > to be reducing the frequency with which I suffer from Tinnitus although I'm not sure why.
    >
    > I do know that occasionally, when I'm very upset, my ears will start ringing like crazy (and I
    > assume my blood pressure also rises).

    How is your sleep? Still, I would encourage you to try vitamin B1 under a doctor's supervision.
    Whether or not you are mad or fearful, the central nervous system stands to lose.

    FP
    ================================

    But the correlation is unreliable
    > and probably wouldn't be statistically significant; but do we always "know" when we're upset?
    >
    > Any thoughts?

  16. Louise

    Louise Guest

    In article <936eaee8.0312272142.38bea0e4 @posting.google.com>, [email protected] says...
    > Louise <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <936eaee8.0312101832.218bfef2 @posting.google.com>, [email protected] says...
    > > > Mxsmanic <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > But mine is currently under control. It is under control by taking medication twice a day. I
    > > > wonder if there is something to do with it.
    > > >
    > > > I take 10mg of Zestril and One tablet of Lodoz in the morning and then at around 2pm, i take
    > > > another 25 mg of a short-lived betalog. By two o'clock in the morning, the ringing wakes me
    > > > up. I wonder if this has something to do with the expiration of the short-lived betalog.
    > > > However, my blood pressure at 5pm or 3 hours after taking the second pill, the reading is
    > > > 125/75. Even the doctor suggests me to drop the second pill or that 25 mg betalog. But without
    > > > that, my blood pressure could reach as high as 160/100 by 3pm. The doctor says it is my
    > > > 'psychological dependence'. I am trying to trim my second medication bit by bit and see how it
    > > > goes.

    > > > Yes, enrich. According to the herbalist philosophy, a weak kidney is what gives rise to
    > > > tinnitus.
    > > >
    > > > Rdg.,
    > > >
    > > > FP
    > > >
    > > I have found a definite correlation with marked changes in weather patterns, perhaps in
    > > barometric pressure. I can litterly be sitting in a room and suddenly feel "something" in my
    > > head - something I guess I would have to call a "pressure change" and then the ringing starts.
    > > Often it will go on for a day or two, the weather will change again, and the ringing will
    > > radically subside - occasionally even go away.
    > >
    > I think the relationship may be more CAUSAL than CORRELATIONAL. I read somewhere that the
    > depletion of vitamin B1 could lead to the mal-functioning of our central nervous system. Perhaps
    > if you could
    I do take a Solgar multiple vitamin every day, and have for years - it has about 30 mg of vitamin
    B1. Is that generally enough?

    TIA
    --
    Louise ([email protected])