What is the difference between a hero and a vigilante?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I think he's in love with me...not that there's anything wrong with that!
Good for you... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif I am so glad when I hear stuff like that! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif So is mr. Kumar gonna be the Best Troll? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

What is the purpose of this thread?

I'm not sure that it's even worthy of the soapbox.

The Bald Knobbers, an 1880s vigilante group from Missouri, wearing crude "blackface" masks typical of the post-Reconstruction era in the United States -- as portrayed in the 1919 film, The Shepherd of the Hills.

Aren't they cute, BB? Kinda reminds you of some folks you run around with, eh?
Anonymous tough guys? Oxymoron. "Law abiding" vigilantes? Oxymoron. Rational BigotBob? Oxymoron. Get the drift?

Originally Posted by limerickman .

What is the purpose of this thread?

I'm not sure that it's even worthy of the soapbox.
I think it becomes a classic piece of tragicomedy... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

"What is the purpose of this thread?"

Defining the difference between a hero, such as myself, from a vigilante, such as tone loco, a PC vigilante.

Also, I'm pretty sure 'having some fun' falls under the pervue of discussion.

Queue Ms. Crow...

And always remember, men...no matter how hot she is, there's a Lance somewhere that got tired of her ****! Meh. What am I saying? I would smash dat azz like the fist of an angry retard in a submarine with a drumset!

So...Lance Armstrong...hero or vigilante?

"Aren't they cute, BB?"

Yeah, in a 'Way Down Upon The Suwannee River' kind of way I suppose.

"Kinda reminds you of some folks you run around with, eh?"

No. Our sheets are always bleached and pressed, with starch.

"Anonymous tough guys?"

No. Actors. You can go see them today. http://www.baldknobbers.com/

Now you know why they wore masks!

"Oxymoron."

Moron.

""Law abiding" vigilantes?"

There's no law against blackface. Sing it, Al..."My Maaaaaammmmmeeeeeeee!".

"Oxymoron."

Moron.

"Rational BigotBob?"

No. Reasoned Hero, CampyBob.

"Oxymoron."

Moron.

"Get the drift?"

Yes. You sure ask a lot of senseless questions.

So...Django...hero...or vigilante? No you nimrod! Not that Django! Django Reinhardt.

Eerily reminiscent of one anonomous bigot hangin' on my every word. LOL!/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Senseless questions? Really? What's more senseless - the questions, or the marionette dancing (responding) to each and every one??? Something to ponder...

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"What is the purpose of this thread?"

Defining the difference between a hero, such as myself, from a vigilante, such as tone loco, a PC vigilante.

Also, I'm pretty sure 'having some fun' falls under the pervue of discussion.
It was a rhetorical question actually.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Yeah? Where's the comedy part?
I dont know about you but I am having a laugh... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

Just another pissin contest with no trophy for the winner.
No need to share the side of the fence you sit on./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

"Yeah? Where's the comedy part?"

Somewhere in between loosening spokes and the wind not carrying sound.

True. Nothing to be gained or lost but the fence moves sometimes so I must adjust my balance or fall off my mugwapm position.

"Just another pissin contest with no trophy for the winner."

This Amerika, comrade solicitor! EVERYONE get trophy! EVERYONE a winner!

"It was a rhetorical question actually."

It was a hypothetical response.

And this is NOT a chicken eating a hotdog.

What Would Bronson Do?

How to handle life's little problems...

Always remember...there is no problem so great that it cannot be solved with the correct application of high explosives.

So...Paul...hero or...OK, OK!...so he is a vigilante. America needs more like him.

Hero 101: here's the 4-1-1 on how to be a hero. Just follow Paul's lead,,,and places everyone! Lighting...bring it up! Cameras to speed! Quiet please! ...and...Action!

There will be a quiz on Monday! How many rounds were fired...how many dirtbags were wasted...and total gross and residuals would be a good start for your studies this weekend. Dismissed!