What is the difference in entry level bikes ?

Originally Posted by alienator .

Did you have it done in a clean place where they typically use sharp surgical tools, or was it done by the roadside, with you yelling, "Cut me, Mick" beforehand?
By the time I knew I needed professional help I already had a floating fever, saw stars whenever I sat on anything, and and was mildly delirious. It wasn't on the side of the road, and it wasn't those words exactly but probably something pretty similar. Judging by the look on the dermy's face when he excised I'm pretty sure he saw something that couldn't be unseen.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Didn't say you did. Just spreading the wealth as not everyone is as clever as you, like me once upon a time, who did indeed need saddle sore intervention with a sharp surgical tool. That said there are also other causes for saddle sores than dirty shorts.
haha I'm sorry to hear that. I sweat too much to think about trying that.
Originally Posted by alienator .

Did you have it done in a clean place where they typically use sharp surgical tools, or was it done by the roadside, with you yelling, "Cut me, Mick" beforehand?
ROFL!
Originally Posted by glukel .

I have the helmet & I wore regular sunglasses. Is there a difference in bike glasses? I did order 1 pair of padded shorts on amazon. I got regular padded shorts. Anyone use gel padded shorts? If so which is better. I read the reviews on amazon & one person said the gel shorts don't hold up in the wash.
Bike sunglasses should be "sport frames" basically. They will cover more of the eye to keep out all dust, wind, light, and debris. Also a lot of them will have grips so they don't move around and will stay on your head no matter which way you move your head or whatever you do. Some will have a lanyard attached to them.

You could get Safety sunglasses at the hardware store for $10 and those could be comparable. I bought my pair of "Sport" sunglasses for $10 from Marshall's. You could try TJ Maxx. They've been great for me for just a cheap $10 pair. Maybe I'll eventually get a more expensive pair but this is perfectly fine for now. The arms on it are rubber and not just a stiff plastic pair of sunglasses so they grab tight and you wear them right over your helmet straps.

I don't know about the padded shorts. I think most people are fine with regular padded shorts but if the gel ones are the same price then it might be worth a shot. It will be messy if you bust that gel pack though. I think regular padded shorts will be all you need really. I'd imagine the gel ones don't hold up well in the wash either.