What is the ideal height/weight for a racer?

140lbs and squatting 785lbs? Gimme a friggin' break, you're as BS as Pat Robertson!

svtjones said:
When I was a wrester I weighed in at about 135lbs=140lbs without cutting weight. I had about 3% body fat. I benched 295lbs and squatted 785. I ran the mile in 4 min and 23 seconds. I think low body fat helps no matter what size you are.
Smells like booohll-**** to me

You guys watch the "Race2Replace" webisodes? (race2replace.com, "Tom Danielson: the Great White Hope). I thought it was very fascinating to hear Tom Danielson gush that he was finally under 61 kg. I looked him up - he's 5'10", and 129 lbs. He joked on reace2replace that at a gym in Texas as I recall, someone recognized him, then girls were coming around, when usually he said they just ignore him, the skinny guy.

Sorry - I don't think it was the Great White hope Webisode. But it was one of them. I just don't want anyone to be peeved that I gave the wrong reference.

i weigh 175lbs., and last time i checked, i could squat twice my body weight...that was over a year ago tho, lol....

svtjones said:
When I was a wrester I weighed in at about 135lbs=140lbs without cutting weight. I had about 3% body fat. I benched 295lbs and squatted 785. I ran the mile in 4 min and 23 seconds. I think low body fat helps no matter what size you are.
ROFL my grandma benches 435 and squats 915. course she's 6'4", 250, runs a 4.4 forty. idiot.

cunego is 59kg at racing weight, he said so in an interview with procycling last year. i dont see why a lot of people think so much about the weight of pros and how weight affects performance. cunego is one of the lighter riders in the pro peleton but really 59kg isnt that skinny when you consider hes only 5'6, if you watch a protour bike race youll see that most have quite well muscled quadriceps, which is the largest muscle in the body and thus the heaviest, and have a normal weight (71kg was the average for the tour last year i think). there are some who are skinny but there are a lot who arent and if you look through the tour contenders this year none of those people are that thin. landis, lepheimer and menchov are examples of class riders who have 'normal physiques' and whilst i accept that it is important to have a low body fat percentage as a top class bike rider i think that when you look at the majority of pros, even people who are considered climbers, youll find that they are a fairly normal weight for their height, although the 'climbers' are often shorter than average.

also discovery channels official website lists danielson as 5'8 and 129lbs, not 5'10, 129lbs will be his absolute minimum weight when watered in the morning and i would estimate that his normal daytime weight would be 2-3 lbs heavier. 61kg is 134.2lbs and that isnt amazingly skinny for someone whos 5'8.