WHat is the lightest XC mtb tire?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Me, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Hi, I know I'm really geeking here, but I cant find many weights for most of the XC tires on
    the market.

    I'm interested in a 2.0 or 2.1 and I'm building up the lightest bike poss. Whats the lightest.

    I'm so geeky I dont really care how they ride as long as they are light and look cool.

    As a trail pimp, I currentloy have Panaracer Fires in balck and red kevlar
    2.1s

    Is there anything lighter? How much so?

    cheers,

    me

    Tags:

  2. Try Kenda Kozmik Lite -- 395 gr.

    jens

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I know I'm really geeking here, but I cant find many weights for most
    of
    > the XC tires on the market.
    >
    > I'm interested in a 2.0 or 2.1 and I'm building up the lightest bike poss. Whats the lightest.
    >
    > I'm so geeky I dont really care how they ride as long as they are light
    and
    > look cool.
    >
    > As a trail pimp, I currentloy have Panaracer Fires in balck and red kevlar
    > 2.1s
    >
    > Is there anything lighter? How much so?
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > me

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > As a trail pimp, I currentloy have Panaracer Fires in balck and red kevlar 2.1s
    >
    > Is there anything lighter? How much so?

    The Fires are relatively heavy for an XC tire. You can get some much lighter racing tires, though
    they aren't for everyone. Even Panaracer makes a lighter tire for general use (the Trailblaster).