What is the lightest XC MTB tire?

Me

Guest
Hi, I know I'm really geeking here, but I'm having trouble finding weights (in grams) for the XC
tires in general.

I'm interested in a 26x2.0 or 2.1 for some plushness even though I'm trying to build up the lightest
bike possible. Whats the lightest?

I'm so geeky I dont really care how they ride as long as they are light and look cool.

As a trail pimp, I currently have Panaracer Fires in black and red kevlar
26x2.1s

Is there anything lighter? What would the weight dif be?

cheers,

me

In article <[email protected]>, "Me" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, I know I'm really geeking here, but I'm having trouble finding weights (in grams) for the XC
> tires in general.
>
> I'm interested in a 26x2.0 or 2.1 for some plushness even though I'm trying to build up the
> lightest bike possible. Whats the lightest?
>
> I'm so geeky I dont really care how they ride as long as they are light and look cool.
>
> As a trail pimp, I currently have Panaracer Fires in black and red kevlar
> 26x2.1s
>
> Is there anything lighter? What would the weight dif be?

Surely the performance of the tread pattern is going to be far more important off road than any
weight saving, though the weight might be easier to analyze.

> As a trail pimp, I currently have Panaracer Fires in black and red kevlar
> 26x2.1s
>
> Is there anything lighter? What would the weight dif be?

Michelines, Continentals, Geax, WTB and other make tires that are slightly lighter (50-100g), Kenda
are among the very lightest I think. Personally, I like the Panaracer, Fire, ride on them too, but
also like Micheline Jet, they are 2" and very fast. Grip is not necessarily about knobs, friction is
more important for rocks and slabs, e.g., rock climbing shoes have no tread at all. Though, this
does not apply iin mud or muck, then knobs are useful.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

Me wrote:
> Hi, I know I'm really geeking here, but I'm having trouble finding weights (in grams) for the XC
> tires in general.
>
> I'm interested in a 26x2.0 or 2.1 for some plushness even though I'm trying to build up the
> lightest bike possible. Whats the lightest?
>
> I'm so geeky I dont really care how they ride as long as they are light and look cool.
>
> As a trail pimp, I currently have Panaracer Fires in black and red kevlar
> 26x2.1s
>
> Is there anything lighter? What would the weight dif be?
>
> cheers,
>
> me

lightest knobbed tire i can think of is the old smoke II lites
< 300grams (~270) it's a 1.9" tire though.

Me wrote:
> Hi, I know I'm really geeking here, but I'm having trouble finding weights (in grams) for the XC
> tires in general.
>
> I'm interested in a 26x2.0 or 2.1 for some plushness even though I'm trying to build up the
> lightest bike possible. Whats the lightest

A couple of light choices in that size range are:

Michelin Comp S Light 26”x2.0” 465g. Hutchinson Python Air Light 26”x2.0” 480g.