What is the longest ride you've ever done?

My longest ride was from Bourne all the way to Province town which was a 80-90 mile journey. I left at 6am and reached Province town around 3pm. It was a 9 hour ride and my legs felt like complete **** afterwards haha!
I can't believe it. It really amazing. A 9 hours continuous journey, that's really interesting.

Once, I rode from one city to another and I covered around 20-25 miles. I know that it's very less as compared to most of the cyclist here but still, it's my personal record.

Reactions: Novelangel
I'm pretty much a casual rider, not really interested in long drawn out affairs, but I have done 6 to 10 mile rides, usually along a stretch of former railroad track converted to a walking/riding trail. Sometimes I ride gravel roads, which can be fun, with all that soft sand and hard bumps. I don't prefer completely flat stretches of road or path, but where I'm from, rolling hills prevail anyway, so I get my ups and downs. I also once did 8 miles for a Cystic Fibrosis bike-athon, and I was such a rookie at the time that I actually thought I had done well. But back then I was just a kid so I guess that's not too bad. So go ahead and leave me in your dust. What's your longest ride?

Longest ride I ever done was 75 miles on a single speed bike. I don't recommend that to anyone. But it was a great challenge for me. Now that Im riding gears Im really gonna push for 100 mi maybe 200 in one day.

Longest ride I ever done was 75 miles on a single speed bike. I don't recommend that to anyone. But it was a great challenge for me. Now that Im riding gears Im really gonna push for 100 mi maybe 200 in one day.
Wow. That is one very long ride, particularly on a single-speed. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to go that far? I would imagine you're in pretty decent shape from riding long distances but I can picture all the aches and pains that long ride must have given you.

Not far at all. I think probably like 30~35 miles? Was young at the time, wasn't tracking and had to just keep going...

80 miles sounds pretty badass, I'd love to do that someday

Wow. That is one very long ride, particularly on a single-speed. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to go that far? I would imagine you're in pretty decent shape from riding long distances but I can picture all the aches and pains that long ride must have given you.
Took me 4 hrs 47 mins traveling on avg 15.3 mph. Cycling a group of 6 really help me push to that distance otherwise by myself I would have said forget it.

Took me 4 hrs 47 mins traveling on avg 15.3 mph. Cycling a group of 6 really help me push to that distance otherwise by myself I would have said forget it.
That's really interesting. I wonder, did the other riders keep up with you and push you to go further? Did they all do the same amount of riding that you did? I think it does help when you have a group of riding buddies keeping you company and pushing you to go further. Also, it makes the ride more interesting sometimes as you have people to talk to when you stop to rest or eat.

That's really interesting. I wonder, did the other riders keep up with you and push you to go further? Did they all do the same amount of riding that you did? I think it does help when you have a group of riding buddies keeping you company and pushing you to go further. Also, it makes the ride more interesting sometimes as you have people to talk to when you stop to rest or eat.

The group I rode with were very fit cyclist but help me stay in pace with them. They were a great bunch that were very helpful and did not leave anyone behind.

My longest ride (in one day) is 190-200 km from Bratislava to Budapest.

Longest tour is 720 km from Hercegszántó (Hungary) to Negotin (Serbia), plus 100 km to Vidin (Bulgaria) in 8 days.
That's really amazing. My longest ride has been of only 30km. I know it sounds much less but that's the truth. Most of the people don't keep the record of their ride and I think that I am one of them. So, I also don't keep the record or log of my rides but as long as I can remember, it's 30km.

The group I rode with were very fit cyclist but help me stay in pace with them. They were a great bunch that were very helpful and did not leave anyone behind.
I like that. The group my husband used to ride with were the same way and the leaders of the pack would pause to wait for the stragglers to catch up before proceeding. Nobody was ever just abandoned alongside the trail or road. It's cool that the more fit cyclists were willing to give help and advice to others in the group, as that helps everyone in the long run, to achieve their goals.

The longest I have done is 25 miles. I am not really a cyclist per se, so I know that it is a pretty low total. I just went for a casual ride one day and ended up going 25 miles lol! I wasn't really that tired though, so I imagine I could go much longer if I could deal with the uncomfortable seat. But props to everyone on here with crazy mileage. I envy you!

My longest ride in one day was 158 miles. I went from Bakersfield CA to Santa Barbara CA via the back way. I wasn't involved in racing at that time, I was 48 years old and hadn't raced in 13 years so the trip was a bit slow and it took me 11 hours which included 2 stops for about 10, maybe 15 minutes each.

For me, it's still the 16 miles to and from my job that I used to have back in the summer of 2015. I had to travel to another city to make the money that I was making. It was worth it I must say, also nice because you get to see so much when riding those long distances.

I took lots of pictures for memories, I rode through many big parks, lakes, trails, etc. I don't think I'll ever go those distances anymore because it was time consuming. It took me very close/average 1.5 - 2 hours to make that trip twice a day.

I often ride my bike to a town that's about 22 miles away from my hometown. It's my way of exercising each weekend. I've got a friend who lives so I ride over in the morning, it takes me about 2 hours to get to his place. We spend part of the day chatting or doing something else and in the evening I'm back on my bike.

I have to admit though at first riding those 22 miles wasn't easy but after a few months I got used to it.

p.s I have a friend who rides a bike to and from work each day. 20 miles every day. Now that's quite a feat.

I've done numerous rides between 30-50 miles. Several that are over 50 but less than 60 and my longest to date is a 62 mile (100Km) ride summer this year. Was due to do a 100 mile ride beginning of this month but the weather was so bad it was cancelled with the club I'm with so looking to re-schedule this in the new year some time. My aim since becoming a bit more than a casual rider and joining a cycling club was to pass 100 miles on a single ride

Longest single one-day ride I've ever done was somewhere around 135-140 miles, back in 2010 when I did the Markleeville Death Ride. And I am in no hurry to even approach that distance again!

Reactions: simond
My longest ride was done about 20 years ago when I was about 43 years old. I rode my bike from Bakersfield California via hwy 119 up to Taft Ca, then the 33 to Ojai area, then hwy 150 to 101 into Santa Barbara Ca; the total miles was 158 miles. I did not turn around and ride back the next day, I instead put my bike on the back of my car that my wife drove to Santa Barbara and drove back a couple of days later!

Even in my racing days I never rode more than 110 miles in a day, and that 158 mile ride was done about 8 years or so after I stopped racing, since that ride the longest I've done was 115.