What Is The Most Out Of Shape You Have Been?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by lectraplayer, May 12, 2015.

1. lectraplayer

lectraplayer Member

It wasn't but about a month ago when I went tearing through Red Mtn. Park on my stiff bike, but I had to put my bike up to take care of some craziness. I got my full floater out yesterday, and went foh a ride near the house. It was supprising how much pushing I was doing on hills I used to not notice a month ago. Has anybody else noticed themselves "losing it" like this?

Tags:

2. adfnio

adfnio New Member

Right after I got married I started putting on massive weight. The wife didn't let me go out much and that including riding the bike around. She was so insecure. So I just stayed home and got fat.

3. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

I was the worst right after a 6 week hospital stay battling a muscle infection that resulted in multiple leg surgeries. I had lost weight but had atrophy in my muscles because I had been in bed so long. I had to relearn to walk. It was a good lesson to do as much activity as possible safely even when sick or injured.

4. joshposh

joshposh Banned

My liberties were restricted from my significant other. Staying away from the house and working out was looked at as a way to see other girls, so I stayed home and ate. That was a good 6 years and 70 pounds. I lost the weight since dropping my girl.

5. karebear07

karebear07 New Member

The most unhealthy I have been was while I was in school. I spent so much time eating and studying. The studying hindered me from actually moving around, so I gained a lot of weight. I am still struggling to take it off but hopefully with the right about of exercise and diet I will be able to get back to my healthy and active weight/lifestyle.

6. BikeBikeBikeBike

BikeBikeBikeBike Well-Known Member

Blew my shoulder out in a motorcycle accident and stopped riding or going to the gym for 2 years.
    Drank tons of beer, and was eating really bad. Finally realized it when I got winded running down a flight of stairs! It's crazy how fast bad habits can catch up with you. I was able to be active again a year after but the laziness was already established.
    It's so much harder to start up good habits and break old ones than it is too just keep going.

7. lightenstir

lightenstir New Member

A few years ago, I got depressed for a while, took some meds that screwed with my appetite, saw no point in doing anything, let alone any physical activity, and yeah... Luckily I had some great people supporting me, got over it, and gradually regained my physical fitness.

8. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

That is tough. I'm glad you had the support to get through it. Depression and appetite problems can be really detrimental to your physical fitness and over all health.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

When I got promoted in my job, I momentarily forgot my bike simply because I had no time. I normally go home late and weekends were reserved for training and seminars. After a year or 2, I noticed that my belly had been bulging and that my weight gain topped 20 pounds. In short, I was uncomfortably overweight. It took me a week to regain my bearings with the bike because I really felt so heavy. With food, I also shifted to low carbs and low fats so I would lose weight faster. The result? Nothing happened except that I could comfortably ride my bike again.

10. sheggy6

sheggy6 New Member

Started putting on weight to the point where my stomach was visibly outlined in my clothing for a change, something that's never quite happened to me before. As a result I started to actually feel the lethargy that my extra weight was putting on me, and my shortness of breath.

11. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

Gaining weight is bad because it means more weight for us to carry, but at the same time when we have the muscles in the legs that will be with us forever. ;)

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Member

Wow, so many fellas with so many women responsible for their weight gain *eyes rolled out of my head they were rolling so much*

Anywho, it's all my man's fault. He was so jealous & insecu...wait...no it was absolutely my fault. I fell off my exercise schedule & opted for staying home. I justified this by using how much I worked as a form of 'exercise' (which it was not). I gained a little over twenty pounds from what my ideal weight was & it drove me insane. I hated it. I worked double time from how I worked out before falling off & got back in shape pretty quickly. Ended up breaking a leg (not in a luck way) but had a great trainer that gave me ways to work out without negatively affecting the injury. I love her to death. Still my trainer.

13. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

Haha, that has happened to me too, I gained weight when I got married, but my wife is not that great a cook, so I really don't know how this happened, maybe less physical exercise?