What is the pay range for a pro cyclist?

I pay 20% tax on all prize money won where I live (in Taiwan).

I have never paid tax on race winnings in Japan, Korea or China (where I don't live).

There are MANY Asia Tour riders who race for room and board and a bit of pocket change. All expenses are covered including meals and lodging during the racing season.

Many guys here race for DivII teams in Europe during the European season and then come back to Asia during the European off-season and race virtually for free using their European salaries to get by. If you notice, that's when most of the larger stage races are held in Asia.

Sounds glamorous, non?

The rules are now changing so there will be a min salary for Continental PRO teams, but I don't believe there will be one for Continental teams.

Who ever said they had no sympathy for 'low end' pros should stick to riding the MUP and watching the tour on TV.;)

I wouldn't be a pro racer unless I was making $65,000 + / year, any less and I'd consider the sport a waste of time.

JTE83 said:
I wouldn't be a pro racer unless I was making $65,000 + / year, any less and I'd consider the sport a waste of time.
looks like you won't be a pro anytime soon...

In europe a GS3 (old denomination) could also give you nothing, a GS2 (professional) 25k euro per year, a GS1 (PT) 30k, or something like that... a friend of mine just refused a GS3 option, he want at least a GS2...

I'd have to say road biking is one of the hardest sports due to the intense amount of training required. And that it suck for most every pro because of low pay. But if they get free food and lodging, it might be like a big vacation. But you gotta build a bank account for things like college or life. $10K to $36K salaries suck big time - you're poor.

There's a former pro in my Crossdresser forum who used to race for Cannodale. He's got it good though with his own bike business, nice house and pretty wife. Only thing I don't like about him is he's gonna get a sex change - yeah, cut it off! Me, I was a confused crossdresser, and now I think about quitting crossdressing...

There's a former pro in my Crossdresser forum who used to race for Cannodale. He's got it good though with his own bike business, nice house and pretty wife. Only thing I don't like about him is he's gonna get a sex change - yeah, cut it off! Me, I was a confused crossdresser, and now I think about quitting crossdressing...[/QUOTE]
LOL....That is one of the most interesting posts ive read all day and rather random too.

The older I get the moore I enjoy the diversity of people.

Brian Friend

JTE83 said:
There's a former pro in my Crossdresser forum who used to race for Cannodale. He's got it good though with his own bike business, nice house and pretty wife. Only thing I don't like about him is he's gonna get a sex change - yeah, cut it off! Me, I was a confused crossdresser, and now I think about quitting crossdressing...
Please don't post any photos.