What is the point of Center Lock Disks?

zaadee

Feb 3, 2008
What is the point of centerlock disks and do i have to have a certain hub to use them? :rolleyes:

zaadee said:
What is the point of centerlock disks and do i have to have a certain hub to use them? :rolleyes:

Like the gent said, they are for selling. Some centerlock hubs, shimano, DT. Adapters available for centerlock to make them 6 bolt. None the other way around.

Peter@vecchios said:
Like the gent said, they are for selling. Some centerlock hubs, shimano, DT. Adapters available for centerlock to make them 6 bolt. None the other way around.
Peter, I wouldn't bother responding to zadee's posts. His or her posts are a clever way to spam the forum with the ads in his/her signature...

TheDarkLord said:
Peter, I wouldn't bother responding to zadee's posts. His or her posts are a clever way to spam the forum with the ads in his/her signature...
Actually the link is to a pretty legitimate blog . The cheap bike store is Amazon.com which only advertises on the blog site. Most of the information in the blog is accurate. They could have been more thorough on the subject of fit though. All in all, the blog would be good reading for a newbie wannabe.

TheDarkLord said:

ahhh, I see zaadee also started the one about helmets..thanks for the head's up-