what is under the down tube of this bike?

John Forrest Tomlinson

Guest
http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg

Weights to bring the bike up to the UCI limit. Or so said the
cyclingnews live stage report.

Jim

In article <[email protected]>,
John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg

Interesting. I think it might be weight to bring the bike up to the
legal minimum:

http://www.velonews.com/tour2005/tech/articles/8447.0.html

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/tour05/?id=live/tour0510
Read the 12:01 CST entry, or just search "Gerolsteiner" in that file.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg
>
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

One of those anti-theft devices they put on the bikes to keep you from
sneaking out of the Wal-Mart with them.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

> http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg

Pez. Lots and lots of Pez.

Ben
hungry

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:27:58 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg
>
>****************************
>Remove "remove" to reply
>Visit http://www.jt10000.com
>****************************

Lojack

Dr. Long Duck Dong wrote:
> Stay-Free Maxi Pads.
>
> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/05tdfSt10/$file/13.jpg
>>
>>****************************
>>Remove "remove" to reply
>>Visit http://www.jt10000.com
>>****************************

weights ala simoni's 6/12, to get it over the UCI minimum?

They're weights!
If a bike is under the UCI weight limit it needs to be brought up to weight.
The also put them under water bottle cages and in seat tubes.

At the track World Championships this year we had to put pieces of chain in
one of our girls seat tubes. It's getting to be a pain in the ass. I can
understand it for pro roadies but for a girl that weighs 120 pounds and
rides a steel bike??????

It should go away!

aotearoa706 wrote:

> we had to put pieces of chain in
> one of our girls seat tubes.

Be careful. I hear that is illegal in several US states
even between consenting adults.

> It's getting to be a pain in the ass.

So to speak.

> I can
> understand it for pro roadies but for a girl that weighs 120 pounds and
> rides a steel bike??????
> It should go away!

The UCI is doing it to protect the Masters Fatties from trying
to race US$20,000 11 pound bikes and hurting themselves.

On 17 Jul 2005 15:48:05 -0700, "k.papai" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Newbie!!

Ooooh, the pain.

Please stop.

I can't take much more.

Dumbass.

And you should know I'm not a Newbie. I'm a Clueless Noob.

Get it right, asswipe.