What Is Your Alternative Activity For Cycling?

You're being really dramatic. The kind of impact you're talking about is only relevant when you're jumping, for example, when I'm running I don't make that kind of impact. I run very smoothly.
No I'm not. I'm spot on. Especially if you are running on pavement. Anyhow, it's easier to put you on ignore than to continue to argue with you.

You're being really dramatic. The kind of impact you're talking about is only relevant when you're jumping, for example, when I'm running I don't make that kind of impact. I run very smoothly.

Yeah, definitely over dramatic, don't buy that stuff for a second. It all comes down to each individual health and running style. I switched to minimalist Vibram 5 finger shoes after having shinsplints and even a stress fracture years ago from running. As soon as I started using the 5 fingers, i've never had even a single day with shin splints, that was 3-4 or so years ago. Also, the possibility of having arthritis when older isn't something to fear. Thats like not doing something because we eventually die. Good running form and not going crazy high mileage is perfectly fine.

I guess according to some, we should cycle because the chances of crashing or an accident.....In that regard, jogging is much safer. The only reason I don't run that much anymore is, it just got boring...8 years consistently running wasn't exciting anymore, the bike took over.

Taking long walks around the neighborhood is also fun, if I am not in the mood to ride around the streets. The peaceful walks is a great antidepressant alternative, and you also get to enjoy the fresh air, cats and dogs walking around, birds flying in the air, looking up at the sky, really, anything that would put your troubles away, even for just a second. Because being surrounded by nature is very relaxing, and for the better part of my life, I have taken long walks to unwind after a long day of work.
That is probably the best way to relive stress. I love cycling but sometimes there is nothing that beats a good walk.

Cycling is the best sport to reduce your weight to get fit. Its one of the fastest way to reduce your weight. One of the sport which is not require any other kind of place and any other instrument. You just need a bicycle and you can ride wherever you want to go for.

Cycling is the best sport to reduce your weight to get fit. Its one of the fastest way to reduce your weight. One of the sport which is not require any other kind of place and any other instrument. You just need a bicycle and you can ride wherever you want to go for.
What does this have to do with the topic? Did you even read it? You were asked about alternatives to cycling, not prompted for a speech promoting it.

Running here. I started cycling as cross training for my non-run days, but currently I'm enjoying cycling more than running.

When I was younger I ran and did martial arts along with the cycling, but my knees started to have problems about 35 years ago so I quit the running and did just the martial arts and cycling, then 6 years ago I had to have shoulder surgery due to a couple of bike crashes that dislocated the shoulder over the years compounded with the martial arts screwed up my shoulder one day while training, so I continued to do both against doctors orders, but then a car crash with a drunk driver about 4 years ago led to lower back fusion and this time I decided to follow the doctors orders and quit the martial arts. So I only do the cycling for now, I may start going to a gym this winter.

If we talk about sports, I would go with swimming, I like it a lot. But on the other hand, I like to take a rest sometimes, so that's when I go to bowling with my friends or neighbors. Not a good bowler honestly, but I enjoy a lot to go out with them and do something different than job and cycling. Also, the food at bowling place is delicious hahaha.

Sometimes I feel bored going through the same routine and or sometimes I do not have the time to prepare and spend on a good ride. I still want to stay active and fit but there are days when I just can not. What is your alternative to cycling ?

I would still stay at home and play cycling video games for fun when I'm too bored to go out and ride. Gaming happens to among my favorite hobbies that I can't go a day without doing. Hell I can play for hours until my fingers starts feeling sore from the continuous pressing and tapping of the gaming pad.

I also enjoy going for early morning runs if I want to sweat up real good and burn some calories. Although I appreciate going for runs with a partner, it's a lot more fun when you run with someone than doing it alone. But if a running partner evades me, then I go at it with my music.

Just strolling. I sometimes do some stretches. And if it's summer, I'd go to a swimming pool and practice my strokes.

My alternative for cycling is driving. I like that driving is similar to it. The thing I like most is that there's air conditioning and less noise. You can enjoy riding by yourself or with company. And if the air is fresh, you can open the window. Let the breeze pass you by.

My other hobby are playing chess and collecting American and Japanese comic books and graphic novels. When I'm not biking, I usually play chess online and offline with other chess players or would go the mall find a bookstore or comic shop and go through their selection.

Alternative for cycling for me is walking or jogging early in the morning, at least from 5 to 6 in the morning.
I use cycling for fitness purposes and the best alternative to keep your lower body strong like what biking does is to jog.

Jogging and play some sports, like basketball and badminton. Cycling at the same route everyday is really boring. You should plan for something, like a long travel using your bike every week is much more better idea.

I am someone that likes going to the gym for I have had the reason to always build up my weight as well. So, when I don't feel like going to cycling, I would visit the gym and have some form of chats and talks with friends that I have made there while we exercise. I hope you will enjoy spending some time at the gym as well.

I already replied, but thought I would list something I wont do as an alternative. Jogging. No way, no how. While great for your cardiovascular system, running is terrible for the rest of your body. It is a high impact activity even when done on a track that absorbs some shock.

Well, that's what I thought too. But some people are small and light enough and have a smooth enough gait that they apparently get no knee damage from jogging. For me it would break all my teeth even with thick foam rubber soles.

I play tennis as my alternative for cycling. It keeps my body aggressive and reflex as well. Playing tennis will improves your stamina and muscles in good shape because yo keep on running.

I play table tennis and volleyball. When I really can't go out, I just play computer games or watch movies.