What Is Your Alternative Activity For Cycling?

I did a course a short time ago to improve my Photoshop skills and I got some photography classes as well. All I can say is the bug bit and now besides always eager to go for a bike ride I carry my camera everywhere.

I love running,swimming and riding.But such sport are so boring when it last for a long time.So sometimes I go to the gym do some exercise or go hiking with my friend.

Probably to play some basketball and get into a couple of games. Basketball is a major cardiovascular sport as the games could last for as long as 2 hours a piece! Such a fun and great way to lose weight in my opinion.

In the winter, it's usually skating. I know, it's kind of hard to picture this as an alternative to cycling. But that's the way it is in my case. I find it fun.

I love walking and running, if I don't feel like biking. In the summer I practically live in the pool, but I'm not fond of lake or river swimming as I end up having to ride home smelling like fish and seaweed. That's not my idea of a good time, so I try to stick to chlorinated swimming as much as possible. At least that way there is a shower right there in the locker room, so I can get clean again. I walk in all seasons, finding it difficult to ride my bike in winter snow drifts and ice.

Taking long walks around the neighborhood is also fun, if I am not in the mood to ride around the streets. The peaceful walks is a great antidepressant alternative, and you also get to enjoy the fresh air, cats and dogs walking around, birds flying in the air, looking up at the sky, really, anything that would put your troubles away, even for just a second. Because being surrounded by nature is very relaxing, and for the better part of my life, I have taken long walks to unwind after a long day of work.

I perform some light workouts at the nearest park to exercise my upper body. Not much, only to keep it fit enough to not end up all flabby and feeble. A routine of Push ups coupled with pull up bar suffices my upper body workout. Sometimes I jog as a warming when I don't feel like taking out the bicycle.

I have a lot of alternative activities, but specifically for cycling? If I can't get out on my bike I may use the stationary instead. Cycling is something I do for health and exercise reasons so I try to do something that helps with those areas if I can't get out on a given day. In the house I have some dumbbells and a step to do step-up exercises. I also have two small hyper children to chase around and play games with.

I love to workout and I consider that as an alternative activity to cycling. I always hit the gym in my free time. Many passion is cycling but when I get bored of it, I switch to workouts. I love to do cardio in the gym and I also use the stationary cycle at the gym. It feels like the real cycle and that is my second favorite equipment in the gym after the cardio machines.

I already replied, but thought I would list something I wont do as an alternative. Jogging. No way, no how. While great for your cardiovascular system, running is terrible for the rest of your body. It is a high impact activity even when done on a track that absorbs some shock.

When I'm not riding my bike, you can catch me running in my local park. It's similar to riding but it's way more tiring, so you'll get in great shape too.

Sports are pretty much my life. I do basketball, volleyball, and tennis. I also enjoy dancing. I feel like all of those are good forms of exercise. However, if I don't feel like exercising my body, I do some mental exercise and try learning another language. I am working on Spanish and Chinese.

Sports are pretty much my life. I do basketball, volleyball, and tennis. I also enjoy dancing. I feel like all of those are good forms of exercise. However, if I don't feel like exercising my body, I do some mental exercise and try learning another language. I am working on Spanish and Chinese.

Chinese isn't a language, so what language did you mean?

Muy hobby is cycling but I also enjoy some other activities. My favorite includes going to the gym, swimming, fishing, etc. Among all these hobbies, my personal favorite is swimming. It is famous as one of the best exercises for your respiratory fitness. I would recommend swimming to everyone. You should do it every week and I am sure you would lose a lot of weight.

Also way harder on your body. Enjoy you arthritis. If you don't already, you will soon enough.
You don't really know if I'll have arthritis in the future. If you run a distance that you know your body can take it, it's not just safe but very healthy too.

You don't really know if I'll have arthritis in the future. If you run a distance that you know your body can take it, it's not just safe but very healthy too.

No, I don't for sure. But you know what? I do know that repeated heavy impact on your joints will make it more likely. I do know that the shock from impact when running travels up your entire spine repeatedly with every footfall.

No, I don't for sure. But you know what? I do know that repeated heavy impact on your joints will make it more likely. I do know that the shock from impact when running travels up your entire spine repeatedly with every footfall.
You're being really dramatic. The kind of impact you're talking about is only relevant when you're jumping, for example, when I'm running I don't make that kind of impact. I run very smoothly.

Fencing. Fun sport, and good for keeping reflexes sharp. It's like physical chess...
I have a friend of mine that does fencing, he is always inviting me to go and give it a try, maybe next time he invites me I will. It does sound like fun.