What Is Your Average Km For A Week?

Vickeree

Mar 11, 2015
I'm curious how many mileage per week or per month or perhaps hours on the bike would you recommend from someone who is an intermediate runner and is wanting to transition in to triathlon?

What would be a good starting point for someone who has limited bike training ( aside from indoor bike while watching TV or spinning classes)?

With cycling it's quality not quantity. Don't get sucked into "the more k's I do the better I'll get" chain of thought as many cyclists do. Look at getting some coaching with a structured training plan that meets your goals. This should include core and strength training.

I do the excellent training programs by Graeme Street. Cyclo90-Core.com. His advertising and marketing is way over the top but the training programs are superb. Start with Cyclo90 Base then move into his In Season Plan. Pretty sure he's also got a Triathlon training system.

Thanks for the advice... I'm looking for the minimum effective dose that I could get away with in terms of building a base and maintaining it. I tried it with running before, I eliminated the long runs and focused on short intense workouts coupled with crosstraining with other forms of HIIT. Unfortunately it didn't turn out the way I hoped for haha .

Can anyone recommend some free resources on tri training? I have bike power but my running stinks so that's where I want to start.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
Can anyone recommend some free resources on tri training? I have bike power but my running stinks so that's where I want to start.
If you want to get better at running, then you'll just have to start running a few miles a few times per week. That's the only way I've ever been able to increase my running performance based on both speed and distance. I'm sure other members have bona fide training techniques, but I'd say that nothing beats getting out there for regular runs with a quality pair of running shoes. :3