What is your fav ride - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Graham_DNF

Jul 31, 2005
Hey everyone,

I am just curious what your fav ride is if you live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Personally I am a huge fan of the OBC Grand Prix circuit, but I am wondering what other people recomend. (Please try and describe it so that I can get out and ride it when the snow melts. Thanks)

Graham

I vist Ottawa a few times a year and its hard to find hills!!, but I do enjoy the highway that is closed on sunday mornings; 'the parkway'? senic too, and a great example for other citys.

Graham_DNF said:
Hey everyone,

I am just curious what your fav ride is if you live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Personally I am a huge fan of the OBC Grand Prix circuit, but I am wondering what other people recomend. (Please try and describe it so that I can get out and ride it when the snow melts. Thanks)

Graham
My bike is hanging on the wall of my garage for the winter. In season I commute all the way up the path on the Colonel By side of the canal from Hog's Back to the NAC. Some mornings are so beautiful I have to slow down to admire the scenery. My favourite recreational ride is through Hog's Back and Vincent Massey park, along the Rideau to Rideau St. then through downtown and back home along the Queen Elizabeth side of the canal to Carleton. This is a great cycling city!

I know this is silly, but it's Peter Pan's Magic Flight.

When my daughter was little, we had to ride that 17 times in a row -- she just loved it.

So riding that one is extra special to me.