What is your faverite thing to do on a uni?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Jarcycle, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Jarcycle

    Jarcycle Guest

    Tags:

  2. AllThingsUni

    AllThingsUni Guest

    wasnt this already a thread? i dont know maybe it wasnt.

    jon

    --
    AllThingsUni - A Hog Noob

    I will prepare and one day my time will come. - Abe Lincoln

    You become brave by doing brave things - Aristotle
    AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306

  3. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    AllThingsUni wrote:
    > *wasnt this already a thread? i dont know maybe it wasnt.*

    It was already quite a few threads, actually.

    My favorite types of unicycling are trials and MUni, and I like
    freestyle a lot too. And I sometimes do street riding. So I selected
    ????????????????????????????????.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  4. Jarcycle

    Jarcycle Guest

  5. Jarcycle

    Jarcycle Guest

  6. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

  7. Jarcycle

    Jarcycle Guest

  8. colduni

    colduni Guest

  9. Jarcycle

    Jarcycle Guest

  10. jsm

    jsm Guest

  11. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    Well I do everything on there exept girrafe ( i dont have one) and all
    pretty much equally but muni and skate parks can be the funnest.

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    Id like to see some one play a drinking game with energy drinks, how do
    you know when the game is over, when someone starts jumping up and down
    and running around the house? ... oh man hes done, he cant even sit
    still...

    AIM: unicaw89
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

  12. I like just riding in the snow and dirt covered hills inside the house
    while on a giraffe doing street and freestyle tricks and hopping stuff
    and riding skinnies????????????????????????????????

    --
    forrestunifreak - R.I.P. Unibiker

    R.I.P. Unibiker.

  13. mgrant

    mgrant Guest

    What? No commuting, racing, distance, endurance, etc.?

    I like to ride.
    For long periods of time.
    Over long distances.
    Through interesting scenery.
    On dirt or pavement (preferably dry but wet/icy/snowy is OK too)
    On whatever uni I happen to have handy.

    I really enjoy riding indoors but rarely have the opportunity since we
    got the boot at the local church.

    I'd like to be able to navigate over/on/through difficult trials lines
    but my fear always stops me short of doing anything interesting in that
    realm.

    One of my goals for 2005 is to ride 100 miles over a weekend.

    I couldn't choose a favorite from the list presented so I did not
    vote.

    -mg

    --
    mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
    breath, and one day closer to death.
    michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
    Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
    mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

  14. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    mgrant wrote:
    > *What? No commuting, racing, distance, endurance, etc.?*

    What was missing for me was the ability to indicate more than one. But
    the poll system does not allow that. Ultimately it would be fun to have
    people rank the various categories.

    I chose MUni because it's my favorite these days. The other form of
    riding I do the most is commuting, which was missing from the list. I
    was going to abuse it and choose "just riding" and claim it includes
    everything, but I didn't.

    If he included racing, do you think anyone would have checked that one?
    Any racers out there? "Traditional" unicycle racing needs a kick in the
    pants. Who wants to ride fast on a 24" wheel when we have 26, 28, 29 and
    36" wheels now?

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

  15. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:03:12 -0600, "AllThingsUni" wrote:

    >wasnt this already a thread?

    In general, most stuff was already a thread.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    It's impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what's in a name) Childs

  16. mgrant

    mgrant Guest

    johnfoss wrote:
    > *If he included racing, do you think anyone would have checked that
    > one? Any racers out there? "Traditional" unicycle racing needs a kick
    > in the pants. Who wants to ride fast on a 24" wheel when we have 26,
    > 28, 29 and 36" wheels now? *

    Perhaps this is just what I need to move up in the results this summer -
    Less competition!

    It worked for my daughter during NAUCC2004. She was the only competitor
    in her racing category and she took home several gold medals.

    I do agree though. If we're going to race lets move beyond the 24"
    wheel.

    And lets make the marathon a full 26 miles 384 yards.

    -mg

    --
    mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
    breath, and one day closer to death.
    michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
    Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
    mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

  17. Orange

    Orange Guest

  18. fontiminal

    fontiminal Guest

    Klaas Bil wrote:
    > *On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:03:12 -0600, "AllThingsUni" wrote:
    >
    > >wasnt this already a thread?

    > In general, most stuff was already a thread.
    >
    > Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    > --
    > It's impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what's in
    > a name) Childs *

    On that topic that "most stuff was already a thread", do we just talk
    about the same stuff here as in real life? <laughs>

    JJ

    --
    fontiminal - Level 3.9 Rider

    - - - -
    - - - -
    fontiminal's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5049

  19. gasmaster

    gasmaster Guest

    i like just riding, with muni in a close second(even tho im really bad
    at it, cuz i do it on a torker w/out a studded tire;) )

    --
    gasmaster - level 4 unicyclist

    OBEY THE MULLET!!! BWA-HAHAHA!!!

    :( I got the poo on me! -Joe Dirt