What Is Your Favorite Cartoon?

shneb84

Oct 5, 2015
When I was young my favorite cartoons was: Voltron, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Robotech, Ewoks, Lucky Luke.. These cartoons are now very old and retro compared to SpongeBob, Ben 10, Young Justice and others..

What cartoons you like to watch or to remember? Robotech, for example, was something best in my youthful days..

robotech.jpg

Always loved to watch Ed Edd, n Eddy as a kid. It was the most hilarious show ever, even to this day! Always watch them on the go on my phone.

I grew up watching The Simpsons. I think this is a cartoon not only for the kids but also for the adults. There are themes and topics that are applicable to adults and I guess that is what made it still relevant up to this days.

ZXD22 said:
Always loved to watch Ed Edd, n Eddy as a kid. It was the most hilarious show ever, even to this day! Always watch them on the go on my phone.
I'm a massive fan of Ed, Edd & Eddy as well. Such a fantastic show that I feel ended way before it's time.

I have a few other favourite cartoons and they are Hey Arnold and Tom & Jerry. Tom and Jerry is just one of those cartoons that I find really special but unfortunately it's been shot down a lot in the recent years due to the PC brigade.

I'm not so sure I have a favorite. If I had to choose I would say maybe like the Jetsons. Lol The Flintstones or something like this. I like the old school ones. The Simpsons were good. South Park of course are hilarious. Beavis and Butthead. There are so many of them.

I never really liked cartoons even as a kid! Though I'll set and watch Spongebob with the grandkids, the humor is like the writers were all smoking weed and the characters are all stoned...it's actually funny for not only children but there is undertones of adult humor that kids will never catch.

Froze said:
but there is undertones of adult humor that kids will never catch.

I would totally do some of these Nickel Odeon starlets. :D

I watch simpsons, family guy and south park regularly...

But I have seen some weird ones before... Anybody remember "Plawres Sanshiro"? :D

Mtv's "Max" was a bit f'ed up too. I really like Beavis and Butthead.

One that I just had to binge watch recently was "Neon Genesis Evangelion"... Dont, just don't... :D the ending is bad for your brain. :D but its got some nice action too. :))

Plawres Sanshiro:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plawres_Sanshiro

Froze said:
...it's actually funny for not only children but there is undertones of adult humor that kids will never catch.

I love the adult humour that I'm still discovering in the cartoons I used to watch. It's pretty funny and looking at it it's pretty surprising how they were able to get away with most of it. The Simpsons for example had a shop called "Eds Feed & Sneed" in one episode...

My favorite three cartoons have to be Tom and Jerry, Looneytoons, and Teen Titans. I could watch those shows non-stop all day, and I probably would if they still aired regularly.

Presidential debates.
Seriously I enjoyed many as a child especially super hero type cartoons. I used to watch Popeye but never fully understood why he allowed getting the **** beat out of him before he ate the Spinach. Would it not have saved a lot of pain and suffering to eat that stuff first and avoid the a** kicking? All this was generally over an ugly, skinny female. He either had a memory problem or was a masochist.
Don't even get me started on how Wiley Coyote got all the money to order all those ACME products.

LokPot said:
My favorite three cartoons have to be Tom and Jerry, Looneytoons, and Teen Titans. I could watch those shows non-stop all day, and I probably would if they still aired regularly.
By going off of you avatar, did you watch much of the Pokemon anime? I saw a little of it but didn't really like it that much. It was one of those shows that I would watch if it was on, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

jhuskey said:
Presidential debates.
Seriously I enjoyed many as a child especially super hero type cartoons. I used to watch Popeye but never fully understood why he allowed getting the **** beat out of him before he ate the Spinach. Would it not have saved a lot of pain and suffering to eat that stuff first and avoid the a** kicking? All this was generally over an ugly, skinny female. He either had a memory problem or was a masochist.
Don't even get me started on how Wiley Coyote got all the money to order all those ACME products.
You're blowing my mind, that is some stuff I have never thought about before...

On a similar mindset, I could never work out why the villain wanted to kill the superhero in ever imaginative ways like a trapping him/her/it in a room with a ceiling of spikes slowly lowering for instance. I like the creativity of it, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to put a bullet in the head there an then?

Yes, Robotech was a huge favorite as I was growing up in the 80's. Other favorites were Voltron, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Transformers, Captain Herlock, Battle of the Planets, Ghostbusters, He-Man and Thundercats. Just so many great cartoons that I couldn't watch all of them as I also had to do my homework. But kids today have also got some great shows such as Naruto and One Piece, which I know I would've enjoyed if they aired back in my day.

This is not a question for which i can give a simple answer. There are different kinds of cartoons out there and if i had to choose one it would be South Park, but, this is a 'grown up' type of cartoons. However we all remember and love those short cartoons that made our childhood lovely. Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner. Many more of course and i still watch those whenever i have chance. One part of my life was all about cartoon network and again, i still love this channel. I do not like the CN symbol right now, it looks like some news channel. I remember watching some old cartoons there, like Birdman, Wacky races and the Flintstones. I am a big cartoon fan so obviously i cannot make my pick- Anyway, Tom and Jerry, South Park, Top Cat,Courage, The Jetsons, Two Stupid Dogs, Cow and Chicken, Dexter, Bugs Bunny, TMNT...
And in animated movies category i have to go for Up, Ratatouile, Wall-E, 9, The Iron Giant, etc..
I believe Up is one of the best movies and not just animated, in general.

This topic was designed to show how old are, hasn't it? Haha. Anyway, I was a huge Simpsons fan when I was a kid and it feels so weird to say that I still watch every episode although when the first episode aired I was much closer in age to Bart and now I'm almost Homer's age. Bart's still my favorite character though. I loved the original Ninja Turtles as well and I remember trying to build my own nunchucks (is that how they're spelled?) since I want to be like Micheallangelo and it breaking off and smashing my mom's favorite glass. Fun times.

Yeah everything you named I have never heard of. I was a 90's baby so I grew up with Rugrats, Recess, Wild Thornberry's, CatDog, etc.

likeascroll said:
Yeah everything you named I have never heard of. I was a 90's baby so I grew up with Rugrats, Recess, Wild Thornberry's, CatDog, etc.
Recess? I totally forgot about that show.

It used to be on on Saturday mornings mostly in the UK and I always watched it. It was a great show for the time.

jhuskey said:
Presidential debates.
Watching any of those requires what movie critics call "the necessary suspension of disbelief" - especially watching politicians.

This is definitely one my favorites, it has a twisted humor and makes a lot of adventures. :)

Biquinho.jpg