What Is Your Favorite Quotes About Cycling?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by tepsarit, Aug 11, 2015.

1. tepsarit

tepsarit New Member

Hi Everyone,

I saw many quotes about cycling. Just would like to know which one you like.

To me, I like "Sometimes I ride my bike to nowhere, to see nothing, just so I can ride my bike."

:D

Tags:

2. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

3. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

"Life ain't always beautiful, but it is a beautiful ride."

Garry Allan

4. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

"One thing I learned about life is, that if you really let go, it's just like a bike ride."

Me

5. treecko142

treecko142 Member

"I don't ride a bike to add days to my life. I ride a bike to add life to my days."

6. timothypangilinan

timothypangilinan New Member

You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bicycle and that’s pretty close.” — Anon

I really love this quote. This explains about one's happiness when he has a bike. This talks about one's passion for cycling.

“Crashing is part of cycling as crying is part of love." — Johan Museeuw, Belgian cyclist

I love this quote also for it shows about how we are hurt and fail in every area of life, such as failure in biking. This is about the reality of failing, hurting, and learning to accept that it's part of life.

7. timothypangilinan

This quote is so nice. It shows that cycling is life. A day would be lifeless without riding a bike.

8. reighn

reighn Member

this one.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

9. Vinsanity

Vinsanity New Member

I have one. Try and try until you succeed!

Everyone here knows how hard it was, how bloody it was learning how to ride a bike. Bruises and falls are some of the requirements before you learn how to balance while riding on a bike.

10. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

"You never stop riding, you just ride slower".

11. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I like that one too.

I also like this one: "My biggest fear is not crashing on a bike… It’s sitting in a chair at 90 and saying, ‘I wish I had done more'”.
    –Graeme Obree, “The Flying Scotsman”

12. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

The first quote of not buying happiness, but being able to buy a bike is just me. I always find happiness when I ride and that has been the way things have been with me in the sense that I ride even when I feel sad for it makes me happy at the end.

13. timothypangilinan

Yes, you're right. We feel the same thing. I also take pleasure when riding a bike. It's happiness. It's my way also to ease my sadness.

14. Henrywrites

Henrywrites Member

That is the message that I am trying to pass across in the sense that riding a bike is one of the best thing that I enjoy doing. One good thing as well is that doing what we enjoy to do brings the best out of us.

15. Steve5

Steve5 Member

My favorite is "It's not a race, it's a journey, enjoy the moment." I don't know many quotes. I just like to keep things simple. Funny quotes are easier to remember. Hope it helps.

16. mitan143

mitan143 New Member

I remember my first time in riding a bike when I was a kid, I couldn't learn how to bike properly so I ended up crashing my tries until I get wounded. I couldn't get it easily that time because of my fear and it really sucks me up to the point that it made me mad and suddenly becomes hopeless. But just like the quote, I tried and tried until I succeed because I want to learn.

17. reighn

reighn Member

This is one of my favorite quotes about cycling.
    "I'm lazy, but it's the lazy people who invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn't like walking or carrying things."

-Lech Walesa

18. DenisP

DenisP Member

This is actually quite a good question! In spite of my love of cycling, I don't think I've ever bothered to really look up quotes involving cycling or bicycles. It was interesting to find just how many cycling related quotes there actually are.

I think that one of my favorites I've found so far is from Bill Nye, who holds the title of The Science Guy for those of us who grew up with him. He's quoted as saying, "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."

I'm a--admittedly somewhat harsh--critic of present-day society. The idea of driving a car to go exercise is paradoxical and somewhat absurd to me. It represents flaws on a fundamental level and is a sign that somewhere along the line things went askew. Hopefully the future is brighter.