What is your gender

customRIDE said:
Haha, sorry. I responded literally a few seconds right after you posted. I guess it takes the system a minute to set up the poll.

Your question is wrong. You've misused the word gender. What you mean to say is sex. A common PC mistake these days.

Agreed. They seem to have fallen for PC BS.

1. <LI type=a>A grammatical category used in the classification of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and, in some languages, verbs that may be arbitrary or based on characteristics such as sex or animacy and that determines agreement with or selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms. <LI type=a>One category of such a set. <LI type=a>The classification of a word or grammatical form in such a category.
  2. The distinguishing form or forms used.
Any added 'definitions' are a result of PC social censoring bullcrap.

szbert said:
Your question is wrong. You've misused the word gender. What you mean to say is sex. A common PC mistake these days.

iknowtest said:
  1. <LI type=a>A grammatical category used in the classification of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and, in some languages, verbs that may be arbitrary or based on characteristics such as sex or animacy and that determines agreement with or selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms. <LI type=a>One category of such a set. <LI type=a>The classification of a word or grammatical form in such a category.
My 1974 Webster's dictionary concurs with your first definition above, but it also has :
2. Sex classification.

szbert said:
Your statement is wrong. You've misused the abbreviation. What you mean to say is "politically correct". PC is an abbreviation for personal computer. A common numbnuts mistake these days.

------------------------------
Cyber-Semantics Police

If the poll had read "sex" then I would answer "yes"! Seriously, though, what is the purpose of the male/female counting? Based on the attendees for any group ride I've partipated in, I would assume that the ratio would be at least 3 to 1, with men being the majority on this site.

aggiegirl91 said:
If the poll had read "sex" then I would answer "yes"! Seriously, though, what is the purpose of the male/female counting? Based on the attendees for any group ride I've partipated in, I would assume that the ratio would be at least 3 to 1, with men being the majority on this site.

Hehehehe ...guess I picked the right sport! :D

customRIDE said:
So lets see the ratio we have here.

You also left out undecided.
Before someone jumps on that, it's an observation not an answer.

iknowtest said:
Agreed. They seem to have fallen for PC BS.

Any added 'definitions' are a result of PC social censoring bullcrap.
Why did you snip the rest of the definition?

2. Sexual identity, especially in relation to society or culture.
  • The condition of being female or male; sex.
  • Females or males considered as a group: expressions used by one gender.

:confused:

I just have a strange feeling that females don't spend their time surfing cycling forums on the internet.They might like cycling but might spend more time surfing barbie-doll sites. :cool:

cydewaze said:
Why did you snip the rest of the definition?

2. Sexual identity, especially in relation to society or culture.
  • The condition of being female or male; sex.
  • Females or males considered as a group: expressions used by one gender.
:confused:
Because it didn't quite fit into his narrow little world. By the way, does everyone realize that szbert, iknowtest, bishan, and provo are all the same person?

nickspeedbike said:
I just have a strange feeling that females don't spend their time surfing cycling forums on the internet.They might like cycling but might spend more time surfing barbie-doll sites. :cool:
My girlfriend surfs this site. :D

Scotty_Dog said:
Because it didn't quite fit into his narrow little world. By the way, does everyone realize that szbert, iknowtest, bishan, and provo are all the same person?
No, I wasn't aware of that. Not sure what the point of multiple IDs are, but oh well.

cydewaze said:
No, I wasn't aware of that. Not sure what the point of multiple IDs are, but oh well.
That way, there is always "someone" who agrees with his outlandish postings.